Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reply From Senator Feinstein

Thank you for writing me to express your concerns regarding U.S. trade policies and their impact on illegal immigration. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I understand your concerns regarding U.S. cooperation with Canada and Mexico and trade policies, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). You may be interested to know that I voted against NAFTA prior to its implementation in 1994. I had concerns about its impact on the environment, illegal immigration, the flow of illegal drugs into the United States, and jobs in California. This trade agreement has produced mixed results, and I am working to see that your concerns are addressed.

More recently, the Administration enacted the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America to improve productivity and economic opportunities between the United States, Canada, and Mexico. I understand that some individuals have expressed concerns that this organization could lead to a "North American Union", similar to the European Union. At this time, however, my office has been unable to corroborate allegations about attempts to create a "North American Union." In my view, the United States must continue to work closely with its neighbors to address shared regional challenges while maintaining its sovereignty.

I agree that our immigration system is not working. However, I think we need to recognize that there are millions of immigrants already imbedded in our communities. It is my hope that a comprehensive approach to immigration reform - one which strengthens our borders as well as requires the millions of undocumented immigrants already in the United States to legalize their status - can stem the tide of illegal immigration and lessen the strain on our economy and public institutions.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope that you will continue to keep me informed on matters of importance to you. Should you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

[quote]I agree that our immigration system is not working. However, I think we need to recognize that there are millions of immigrants already imbedded in our communities. NO Diane. I think YOU need to realize they don't belong here and need to leave! It is my hope that a comprehensive approach to immigration reform - one which strengthens our borders as well as requires the millions of undocumented immigrants already in the United States to legalize their status - can stem the tide of illegal immigration and lessen the strain on our economy and public institutions. Cannot make an illegal legal, that would be rewarding criminal behaviour. Only ONE way to make it legal, go home, wait 10 years then try it the right way![/quote] My comments in red.

Seriously now, WE THE PEOPLE are NOT BUYING IT DIANE!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Thanks Dianne just legalize them all! It's not like they did anything illegal. What a crock none of those people deserve to be rewarded with citizenship, here for years or not. Politicians don't care about americans and their dreams they care about Law breakers and their dreams. America is upside down!!!!!! And Im sick of it!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

requires the millions of undocumented immigrants already in the United States to legalize their status - can stem the tide of illegal immigration and lessen the strain on our economy and public institutions.
    Definition of insanity : Repeating the same mistake over and over and expecting different results......something to that effect. They think we're all idiots !!

She obviously does not feel threatened that she might loose her job. How can someone be soooo agorgant. I cant stand this woman...she really makes me sick. We MUST get rid of her once and for all. We must come up with a plan. She is completely dangerous to us all!

She obviously does not feel threatened that she might loose her job.
    She's firmly entrenched ! I'm always polite when I write or call her. I've sent her every recent stat on CA as well as the entire country IE ILLEGAL'S. That's the word she always neglects to mention. I keep thinking she has to acknowledge some of it, but nooooo ! We're stuck with her until enough Californian's get as fed up as we are, and decide to take action to get her voted out of office.