Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK

Reply from Senator Vitter

Dear Ms. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to amnesty for illegal aliens. I appreciate you sharing your views with me , and I agree with you 100 percent .

I llegal immigration must be controlled, and I am firmly opposed to amnesty. Amnesty sends the wrong message - that of a reward - to those who have been evading our laws. Also, it is extremely unfair to all of the legal immigrants who came to this nation and obeyed our laws to become citizens.

You may be pleased to know that I offered an amendment to remove the amnesty provisions from the Kennedy immigration bill . My amendment would have eliminat ed the Z Visa amnesty provisions in the legislation that would give illegal aliens legal status . Z Visas are amnesty - pure and simple . Unfortunately, my amendment was defeated , but I assure you I will continue to fight to curtail illegal immigration .

I strongly believe that we need to dramatically improve our border security by having more agents patrolling our borders and making major investments in infrastructure improvements, such as strategic fencing and increased detention space. Congress and the p resident should focus on securing our borders and strengthening our interior enforcement , not rewarding law breakers with amnesty .

Once again, thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you .

Sincerely,

Senator David Vitter
    United States Senator
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I faxed him an "atta boy" to let him know America is behind him.

JAK
    Senator_Vitter@vitter.senate.gov

Vitter, David (R-LA) Cloture: NO
    DC Phone: (202) 224-4623 Fax: (202) 228-5061
    Lafayette Phone: (337) 262-6898 Fax: (337) 262-6373
    Baton Rouge Phone: (225) 383-0331 Fax: (225) 383-0952
    Alexandria Phone: (31 448-0169 Fax: (31 448-0189
    Monroe Phone: (31 325-8120 Fax: (31 325-9165
    Shreveport Phone: (31 861-0437 Fax: (31 861-4865
    Metairie Phone: (504) 589-2753 Fax: (504) 589-2607
    Lake Charles Phone: (337) 436-0453 Fax: (337) 436-3163
    http://vitter.senate.gov/?module=webformIQV1
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Thank you for contacting me in opposition to amnesty for illegal aliens. I appreciate you sharing your views with me , and I agree with you 100 percent .

I llegal immigration must be controlled, and I am firmly opposed to amnesty. Amnesty sends the wrong message - that of a reward - to those who have been evading our laws. Also, it is extremely unfair to all of the legal immigrants who came to this nation and obeyed our laws to become citizens.
    GOOOOO VITTER! I like what you are saying!!!

I wish what Vitter has would be contagious.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>