Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Report: George P. Bush urges Republicans to back Trump

Report: George P. Bush urges Republicans to back Trump

By David Mark, CNN
    Updated 10:04 PM ET, Sun August 7, 2016

Jeb Bush's oldest son is backing Donald Trump for president
    That despite a tough primary fight between the former Florida governor and the billionaire businessman

(CNN)Jeb Bush is resolutely #NeverTrump but his son, George P. Bush, no longer is.

George P. Bush, the Texas land commissioner, is breaking with his father, a former Donald Trump Republican primary rival, to back the GOP nominee. George P. Bush's move comes after a nasty Republican primary battle in which Trump repeatedly mocked Jeb Bush, a former Florida governor, as "low energy," among other insults.

The Texas Tribune reported Sunday that at a Saturday gathering of Texas Republican activists Bush said it was time to unite behind Trump in his fall campaign against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

"From Team Bush, it's a bitter pill to swallow, but you know what? You get back up and you help the man that won, and you make sure that we stop Hillary Clinton," Bush said, according to video made by an audience member.

George P. Bush, first elected in 2014, has until now been a Trump holdout. He's been far from the only Bush family member to refrain from backing Trump. Former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush -- George P. Bush's grandfather and uncle, respectively -- both skipped the Republican convention in Cleveland last month.

Jeb Bush has been vehement in his opposition to Trump, saying he won't vote for the nominee in November. In July, Jeb Bush predicted that Donald Trump's supporters will feel "betrayed" when his campaign promises fail to become reality. "There isn't going to be a wall built," Bush said in an MSNBC interview. "And Mexico's not going to pay for it. And there's not going to be a ban on Muslims."

Trump hasn't forgiven or forgotten his primary tussles with Jeb Bush. In June, the then-presumptive Republican nominee accused -- without substantiation -- his former rival of leading an effort among GOP delegates to block him from securing the nomination in Cleveland.

"By the way, Jeb is working on the movement, just so you understand. I love competition like that. I love it," Trump said during a campaign rally in Las Vegas.

A longtime Jeb Bush adviser, Sally Bradshaw, last week said she had become an independent, adding if the presidential race in Florida is close, she'll vote for Hillary Clinton.

George P. Bush, 40, is the fourth straight generation of his family in elected office. The lawyer and father of two struck out on familiar family political turf in Texas, rather than Florida where he was raised.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/politi...ush/index.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow! Hell is freezing over. Thank you George P Bush! Thank you very very very much. I can imagine how hard this was for you given the positions of your father, uncle and possibly your grandfather too, although no one has said how Bush One was voting.

You're a smart man doing the right thing, and we thank you very very much.

UNITE REPUBLICANS! UNITE!!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

George P Bush has really excited Texas Republicans, a very good thing! Too bad his Dad and Uncle aren't men enough to admit Jeb lost fair and square, and it's time to support our Party, Country and Citizens and endorse Donald J Trump for President of the United States.

Failure to support Trump means you oppose the American Interest, American Citizens, American Workers, and American Taxpayers.

This failure will never be forgiven. You can take that to the banks.

MW
    I don't know a lot about George P. Bush, but I do know he supported Perry's in-state tuition for illegals and supports more guest worker visas for the state (high-tech, agricultural, etc.). Knowing this, I would assume he also supports amnesty for illegals. So I'm not going to make him out a hero, but at least I'll give him credit for having enough sense to come out of the rain. The young man has higher political aspirations, so he know the positions he takes now will follow him in the coming years.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Republican voters have already spoken on trade and immigration. We want illegal immigration stopped, the wall built, illegal aliens deported and we want these bad trade deals ended and replaced with deals that benefit our country and workers. It doesn't matter in this Presidential election what the differences are, what matters now is electing in the General Election, the Republican candidate that received the largest number of votes in a Republican primary in the history of the Republican Party.

To any Republican who can't get on board to win this election for Donald Trump and the majority of our party voters: You're careers as "Republicans" are over. The majority of Republicans will never ever forgive you for not supporting 100% our nominee.

Period.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-08-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I don't know a lot about George P. Bush, but I do know he supported Perry's in-state tuition for illegals and supports more guest worker visas for the state (high-tech, agricultural, etc.). Knowing this, I would assume he also supports amnesty for illegals. So I'm not going to make him out a hero, but at least I'll give him credit for having enough sense to come out of the rain. The young man has higher political aspirations, so he know the positions he takes now will follow him in the coming years.
    His mother is the Mexican who married Jeb and became a Mexican/American.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"In Texas, George P. Bush, the half Mexican-American son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, has founded Hispanic Republicans of Texas, a political action committee to promote Hispanics running for state and local offices..."

@ http://www.alipac.us/f12/republicans...-obama-182899/

-----------------------------

George P. Bush is the grandson of Bush 41.
    He was the kid who gave the speech at the Republican Convention when Bush got the nomination.

He ended his speech with "VIVA LA RAZA".

This was when the then kid gave his speech:

Grampa Bush: One of the "little brown ones"

When George P. Bush stepped into the GOP "convention limelight" in 2000, it was not for the first time, Mike Ferullo wrote August 4, 2000, for CNN. "'P' stepped onto the national scene at the 1988 Republican National convention -- where his grandfather George Bush was nominated president -- by leading the pledge of allegiance during the third day of the New Orleans gathering. ...

"It was during that same convention, that the elder Bush created a minor stir when he pointed out George P. and his siblings to President Reagan and his wife Nancy as
    'the little brown ones'," Ferullo wrote.

http://www.alipac.us/f12/republicans...-obama-182899/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    His mother is the Mexican who married Jeb and became a Mexican/American.
    Yes, I know that. However, I would never judge or stereotype an individual based on their their lineage.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn