Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Republican Convention: I am snow blind

September 5, 2008

Commentary:

Republican Convention: I am snow blind

By Rudy Acuña

I have watching the Republican Convention for the past three days. Sometimes that is what you do when you get old — you waste your time. A few acquaintances tell me that I should have an open mind since, according to them, the Republicans have changed and they have a bigger tent these days.

I guess I should have felt at home. Contrasted to the Democratic conventions the delegates were really old. And on top of that they were lousy dancers. It is not that they were white — it was just that they couldn’t dance.

I could see why Palin felt so much at home. The delegates looked more like Alaska that has about 3 percent blacks and 5 percent Latinos than it does the United States. This was hardly the racial profile of California, Texas, Illinois, Ohio or Pennsylvania. I almost got snow blind looking at these upper middle class white folk who hardly know the Mexicans who cut their lawns, clean their houses and cook at the restaurants they frequent.

You see more women at the convention — the sort that have spent most of their lives saying they are for women’s rights while maligning feminists. Just from the visual survey I would estimate than some 5 percent of the delegates were from minorities — and that would be high — although 13 percent say they are from a minority group. The convention has a Native American color guard, a black preacher, and a few smiling Latinos.

But what really got me down was the reaction of a Ms Sanchez from Impacto who said that Sarah Palin spoke for Hispanics. I have read a lot about Mexican Americans and other Latinos. But this Sanchez is hardly known in the community. How would she know if Palin spoke in the interests of Latinos? Did she mention Latinos in her speech? Did she say anything about health care? Did she say anything about immigration? The minimum wage? Transportation? or the number dying in Bush’s wars?

I am not fond of Democrats; they are afraid of their shadows. They resemble the American media that defecates every time the Republicans call them elites or unfair. But with that said I hate the Republicans because they lie, and they lie, and they lie. I have never been a postmodernist — for me there is truth. Epistemology is still part of the vetting process.

But Republicans take a page out of Mein Kampf — the bigger the lie — the more apt people will believe it. We’re winning in Iraq? How did we get there? What has been the price of the war? Why can’t we afford universal medical care? or decent schools for the poor?

Yet Americans feel comfortable with lies — they don’t have to think. They love the illusion that they live in a democracy.

Rodolfo F. Acuña, PhD, Chicana/o Studies Department, California State University at Northridge.

http://www.laprensa-sandiego.org/curren ... 090508.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Who is this #######????
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Rodolfo F. Acuña, PhD, Chicana/o Studies Department,EXPLAINS IT!Me,me,me, where do they learn to demand the world be about them.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

That was one of the most racist things I've read in a long time. I'm so disappointed in this country...

This man IS a racist and I there is NO way I would enroll any of my children in his racist class. Chicana studies aka r-a-c-i-s-m.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Brought to you courtesy of Mexifornia.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He is a Reconquista, he wants a 0% white country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can you even imagine the outrage if a comment like that was made about "other" groups of people?
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Havent you all learned? Only whites are racist.. I'm so sick of the double standard. Anyone of any color or nationality can say anything they want about whites but if we even tell the truth we are racists. PC is BS.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

This "reconquista" racist and others like him are ENABLED by the PRO-illegals in the LIBERAL MSM, the GOVERNMENT, and the CHURCH to consider themselves the CENTER of everything, which is EASY when one is made the FOCUS of attention!