Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd

Republican Party is the driving force for amnesty

Lou Dobbs Tonight -- CNN -- May 26
    Sensenbrenner: The president dispatched Karl Rove, guru- in- chief up there, to the Republican conference both this week and last week. And I didn't attend either of those conferences, because I didn't want to be accused of putting my colleagues up to asking very pointed questions in a loud voice to the president's chief political adviser.

If the R party is not the driving force behind amnesty then why don't the R party bosses let R congressman represent their constiruents that elected them? Why all the arm-twisting? I already know the answer. The R party wants amnesty. So does the D party. But the R party don't want to have to pay the price on election day.The botom line is they both want amnesty but only the majority party can make that happen. The D wants amnesty but they can not pass it by themselves. Amnesty can not pass unless the majority R party wants it to pass. The price of amnesty should be loss of the R majority. People are understanding this when you break it down for them. Voting against individuals instead of the party at large is walking into Bush's trap because he will use mostly D and some safe seat R. The PRICE of amnesty should be loss of the R majority and as such if amnesty becomes law I will vote against every R on the ballot on election day 2006.

We have to pressure congress to pass this bill this summer, without the guest worker program. We can say the studies will stall it so drop it and let it stand on its own merrits. They can pass this by Nov. We can not allow Bush to distract us with war talk, economy talk, senior talk...

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    dixie,
    RE:We have to pressure congress

Yes, and you won't be the only one doing that. The R party bosses will also be doing that. You won't be in the back room arm-twisting, they will. The ONLY move is to make the price of amnesty loss of the R majority by voting against every R on the ballot

Here is a possible example of a back room deal.

R party boss: Okay listen up.. we have X number of D patsies who will vote for amnesty that menas we need Y more from our side
    These of you have safe seats so you will vote for amnesty.

This is not about Republican or Democrat.

It is about corrupt politicians voting against the wishes of the people - against the best interest of the country and its people.

Following the party line for all these years is the way these people got in Washington in the first place.

These people run on a party platform because they know there is a huge number of people out there who will vote for the party no matter who is running under the banner.

They also know that special interest groups will funnel money to them through their respective 'parties'.

If all these miscreants had to run on their own without voters blindly voting party and without special interest money - they would never have gotten elected.

This isn't about politics - it is about this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie,

This is not about Republican or Democrat.
    I agree. For many years now I have been saying that there is no difference between the two parties. And why I started voting as an Independent. Although friends and family thought I was nuts, I stood my ground for good reasons.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

dxd
    nntrixie,
    RE:This is not about Republican or Democrat.

To us it isn't but to them it is. If you want to communicate with some one you must first speak their language. Both the R and D would like to have the majority. But only one can have it. The D has nothing to lose. The R has something to lose-the majority.

To them IT IS ABOUT PARTY. That is what they care about and to effectively communicate we must speak their language.

Are you going to tell me that the majority party don't care if they lose the majority?

dxd
    bearpaw,
    Same response as above.

As a matter of fact I will open up this question to anyone.

Are you going to tell me that the majority party don't care if they lose the majority?

I am going to tell you it isn't the driving force in this debate. lf that was what was driving it - we would have Democrats and Republicans seeing who could draft and vote through the first anti-illegal immigration bill.

We would have had one through already and the override of the promised Presidental veto.

If the majority was all they wanted, they would be catering to the 60 to 80% of Americans who want illegal immigration stopped, some kind of deportation, and fines and the whole bit.

They aren't. That should make it obvious to all of us that a majority in congress is not their main objective. Heck, retaining their seats is not their main objective these days.

Somehow, however, I just think it might be a hardsell to try to convince people if they just give President Bush a Democratic congress that he and the Democrats will somehow stop the illegals.

That just won't wash.

Partisan politics is what got us out of control lawmakers. WE simply have to stop it - as soon as possible.

dxd
    nntrixie,
    RE:That should make it obvious to all of us that a majority in congress is not their main objective.

Funny you should say that. I was on the air this past week explaining the just the opposite of what you said. However I backed it up with verifiable facts and everyone agreed with me. (not really with me they agreed with the facts)

Republican Congressman David Dreier(CA-26) recently stated he opposes amnesty. Around the same time Republican Congressmen Burton (IN-5) and Republican Congressman Pence (IN-6) changed their position toward an amnesty. hmmmmm.

According to you this has no significance right? Okay then let's look closer.

Dreier won his last election with 54%. Most knowledgable people I have come across agree that 54% or less means your seat is not safe.

Now Burton won his last election at 72% and Pence at 67%. BOTH VERY SAFE.(and both very conservative)

I am neither a conspiracy theorist or a coincidence theorist. Just the facts.

Republican Congressman David Dreier(CA-26) recently stated he opposes amnesty. Around the same time Republican Congressmen Burton (IN-5) and Republican Congressman Pence (IN-6) changed their position toward an amnesty. hmmmmm.
    You said a majority is their main objective.

I repeat - if having a majority in congress was the most desired goal of either so-called party - we would have an amnesty bill - today already - with the override of a Presidential veto.

This fight is not about putting Democrats in the majority of the Congress - it is not about punishing the Republicans -

Good grief, it is about doing something about illegal aliens and voting blindly for either party is exactly why we have this problem.

President Bush and the Democrats in charge??? - and that is going to fix the illegal problem.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast