Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Republicans can't ignore immigration

Republicans can't ignore immigration

By ALFONSO AGUILAR | 1/13/11 4:38 AM EST Updated: 1/13/11 10:40 AM EST

Poll after poll shows that Americans believe in strong border security and in bringing undocumented immigrants out of the shadows. For example, 81 percent of Americans favor legalizing undocumented immigrants, according to a CNN poll.

It’s not only Democratic voters who want to see Congress provide undocumented immigrants a path to legal status but a majority of Republicans as well. According to an August POLITICO poll, 59 percent of Republican voters said they supported immigration reform that contained a legalization component.
    Continue Reading

Latest on POLITICO

This means that, contrary to what we have been led to think, former Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.) doesn’t speak for the conservative movement on immigration — merely for a small group of anti-free-market restrictionists who say the U.S. is overpopulated and don’t want our businesses to bring in the foreign labor they need. Clearly, these are not traditional conservative positions!

With Republicans now in control of the House and increasing their numbers in the Senate, they should be aware that the American people — including most conservative voters — expect them to lead on immigration. Yet they should also realize that the American people are wary of recent “comprehensiveâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a crock! Just another biased poll that doesn't reflect the true pulse of America.

Don't know what he's been smoking, but if 81% of Americans approve, don't ya think CIR would have passed by now?

Democrats and Republicans can no longer ignore ENFORCING immigration laws.

Temporary work status for illegals already here violating laws? Uhhh, how about NO! Remember TPS? Epic fail! Wanna bet these temp workers drop anchors then whine when it's time to leave? Plus, where are the jobs???

If we ever give out temp work status to anyone, it cannot and must not be to illegal alien already here. We can give them to foreign nationals who have not broken our laws and been here illegally. We can give to those who have been waiting in their own countries to come to the US.

The Democratic Party cannot afford to be the "party of no" when it comes to enforcing our immigration laws. The American public won't stand for cherry-picking laws that reward law-breaking illegal aliens.

Stop spinning the raza spiel Alfonso, it's getting old and tiring.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Just keep repeating the lie and...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Are all Liberals on unemployment and get food stamps?
    Cause I can't get shit if I don't work I don't eat!
    Sure would create a lot of jobs round all these illegals up and shippin' em' home! Maybe FED-X!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

After temporary status expires, the beneficiary would have to leave the country.

Ha ha ha ha.... like that's going to happen.

What a crock!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

For example, 81 percent of Americans favor legalizing undocumented immigrants, according to a CNN poll.
    Right, that why its had overwhelming support the last 8 years, Attention CNN, please put down your crack pipes you have lost all sense of reality
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Are all Liberals on unemployment and get food stamps?
    Cause I can't get V****V if I don't work I don't eat!
    Sure would create a lot of jobs round all these illegals up and shippin' em' home! Maybe FED-X!

As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

These people have lost their damn minds. I can guarantee you that 81% of Americans do not favor legalizing illegal aliens. These people need to quit publishing crap like this, it only sends a message that we want illegals here.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by thedramaofmylife
    sends a message that we want illegals here.
    "We want illegals here."
    "TO GO HOME!" Where unemployment is 4.6%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast