Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Requesting advice

Yesterday (4/19/2011), I was involved in a minor car accident caused by someone with no license, no insurance, and who could not speak English. When questioned by the police, one of her children said her only identification was at home, and was some form of Mexican identification.

The damage to my truck will be costly to repair.

She was driving a very nice car, so she has some sort of resources.
    I have her license plate number memorised.

I have only liability insurance.

Am I just out of luck, or do I have any options?

you could take her to court,
    once the police investigate and have proof that she was at fault.

what does your insurance company say about getting it repaired

What state are you in?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    No memory needed. On police report. Motor vehicle has cars owner
    records. Find the owner. Car may be insured if your lucky. Do not dilly dally or you lose!
    This happens thousands a times a day!
    If your insurance agent/company wont help you. I don't care you
    only have liability. Thats most of us. Find a new insurance company.
    The owner of the car has ultimate responsibility.
    Illegal alien mommas are great at playing stupid until it comes to welfare
    benefits for them.
    Good luck and welcome to ALIPAC Rob_B

You can sue her civilly and go after any assets she may have in most states, garnish here wages, put a lean against any real property she may have including bank accounts etc. You'll need a lawyer though.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Rob ole buddy i hate to say this but you said she had no license no insurance id left at home how do you know she gave police right name?You can run the car tags but half the time its in someone elses name,if it is you could sue car owner for letting her drive.9 times out of 10 when you do find her put a lean on her assets and wages they will pack up and move.You may get lucky and recoup some but you might be holding the fix of your own truck.Buddy im sorry thats why we are trying to get rid of them.This kind of stuff happens everyday in america.

I would contact all of my state legislators, and then my federal critters and explalin to them what happened and ask for their advice.

First try and get more info from the police report/dept. as much info as they will disclose, perhaps opinions would help to light some fires under your critters arse?

This happened to my brother-in-law not to long ago, truck parked on street drunk illegal uses his truck to stop hard! Totaled his truck, he camped out on that illegals porch till he made it right and get this it didn't take but a few days for the IA to come up with cash! And if a car lot owns the car she was driving then that's where your money is! And calls to ICE and your district reps and secretary of state! Hope you get some sort of justice! And welcome to Alipac as you can see we've been very busy!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Did they arrest her? I would run her plates with the DMV. Tell them you were involved in an accident with her and she did not have a drivers license. Get the police report first. Honestly, I would be surprised if you ever see her again. Trust me, once you start calling around looking for her, you're going to get we no speak English or she no live here anymore.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Honestly, I would be surprised if you ever see her again. Trust me, once you start calling around looking for her, you're going to get we no speak English or she no live here anymore.
    "Yeah! start screaming and keep screaming until her/his ass is in cuffs!"
    Then you can at least get they're address and if nothing else haunt them till they make it right! And if the vehicle is financed then it has full coverage!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn