Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Response from Senator Casey

Dear Mrs. Murphy:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

The United States’ heritage of immigration has helped to make it the greatest nation in the world. It is extremely important to me, however, to ensure that Pennsylvanians and Americans are protected from the security risks associated with immigration, both legal and illegal. I support a comprehensive approach to immigration that will maintain a balance between offering opportunities to honest, hardworking men and women who want a better life for their families, and defending our homeland security from foreign threats.

I believe that the Bush Administration and previous Congresses have not effectively accomplished that balance. They have neither enforced existing immigration policies, nor prevented illegal immigration. Experts now estimate that ten to fifteen million illegal immigrants live here and another 500,000 cross the border each year.

Last year, the Senate passed S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006. The bill was not perfect, but it was an earnest bipartisan effort to reform immigration laws in this country. If I had been in the Senate, I would have voted for the bill because I believe it is long past time to take action and the bill contained important reforms. I was disappointed then when the Senate and the House versions of the immigration bill contained too many differences that were never able to be resolved and the bill was not sent to the White House for the President’s approval.

I believe that this issue is too important to be derailed by political gridlock. I’m very pleased, therefore, that the Judiciary Committee held a hearing in February with Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff and Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez to reconsider comprehensive immigration reform. I was also encouraged to hear more recently that a bipartisan group of senators has been meeting informally with high administration officials and that these senators are now beginning to draft a compromise immigration bill they hope will serve as the leading vehicle for comprehensive reform this Congress. I look forward to giving full consideration to that bill when it reaches the floor.

I will work with my colleagues from both parties in the Senate to protect our domestic priorities and your tax dollars while promoting an effective immigration policy. My foremost concerns are protecting national security and promoting economic growth for current U.S. workers and future generations of Americans. Please continue to share your thoughts with me on this important issue and know that I will keep them in mind as I consider a fair and balanced immigration policy.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to frequently visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. In the months ahead, I will continue to develop the site in order to allow you to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington. If you wish to e-mail me, you can do so on the web site.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

This is the babbling response I got from him and nothing so far from Spector

How many times have we read responses from them, where there is always a mention of the economy?

That's what it's about, depress our wages more and more till we make the same as the Chinese!!!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Casey is a worthless hunk of dog crap, same as Spincter. I can't believe we elected this jerk instead of Santorum.
    He babbles on about looking out for American citizens and this dam bill will cost us plenty. Slimeball.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I voted for Rick Santorum because of his strong stance against illegal immigration. Certainly didn't agree with him on other issues but I knew Casey would be pro illegal.

No doubt about it, we have two of the worst Senators you could have the misfortune of having.

My return letters from Spincter have not been shy in calling me a bigot for my stance on illegal aliens and these were form letters to boot.

The guy is a Traitor!

Him and his one bullet theory, knew back then he was corrupt.

Hey Darlene Good to see you on the board. Hope all is well with you and yours

Hey steelerbabe!

Don't have as much time as I used to, but try to check in daily even if it can only be a short time.

Still calling, faxing and writing our traitors, just not enough time to catch up.