Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

"Rethink Immigration" - What Does That Mean?

"Monday, January 26, 2009

Nicholson to GOP: "Rethink Immigration" - What Does That Mean?

On an online article posted by Politico.com on January 25, 2009 former RNC Chair Jim Nicholson urges Republicans to reach out to Hispanics by "rethinking their position on immigration".

Being Hispanic, I concur with the first part of the statement. The Republican party does need to reach out to the Hispanics. Nicholson said, “We have to better inform and motivate and align with the Hispanic voters.â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

With that I agree. But I'm somewhat confused with the recommendation that the GOP needs to "rethink...immigration". What exactly does that mean? Is he suggesting that we should abandon the principle that being here illegally is wrong? Is he suggesting that we give those that crossed our borders and violated our laws a free pass? I should hope not.

This is exactly the reason why we are in the mess we're in. We have abandoned our principles and wavered in our belief that the laws are not to be broken. All this in hopes to attract a handful of votes.
    Mauricio Sanchez has got it right to the core, with little more needing to be said! These two paragraphs are at the heart of the matter! If the GOP would take Maurico's advice, a majority of their problems would be solved immediately!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mauricio Sanchez has got it right to the core, with little more needing to be said! These two paragraphs are at the heart of the matter! If the GOP would take Maurico's advice, a majority of their problems would be solved immediately!
    Exactly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: "Rethink Immigration" - What Does That Mean?

[quote="MW"]"Monday, January 26, 2009

Nicholson to GOP: "Rethink Immigration" - What Does That Mean?

Being Hispanic, I concur with the first part of the statement. The Republican party does need to reach out to the Hispanics. Nicholson said, “We have to better inform and motivate and align with the Hispanic voters.â€