Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rev. Coleman's call for civil disobedience.

This was Elvira Arellano's reverend, and the one calling for civil disobedience in order to pressure Obama to put a moratorium on deportations.

[quote]Preparation Time 4: The Birth of John the Baptist
    “John the Baptist and the Dream Actâ€

I seriously doubt Jesus said,"Go to America and suck the welfare system dry,
    kill as many as you can, and then sue them because they should have never let you in, in the first place"
    I must've missed that verse!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This one contains a lot of misinterpretation. Nice little story tho, for all those illegal children on Christmas Eve. I missed the tingle tho.

Banned
    So where did this guy get his Reverend title? I may be getting forgetful in my old age but I always though the Bible said somewhere to obey the rules of law as if they were the rules of God?

Maybe theres a new Mexican Bible out there that just says commit crimes and destroy other peoples lives that I failed to read.

I don't know where to begin to tear this "reverends" warped interpretation of the gospel. I don't know what divinity school this "reverend" attended, but he didn't pay much attention in class. It would take me two pages to expose this crap.

First of all, Mary and Joseph left Nazareth to pay their taxes and be counted in a census If they were paying taxes, they weren't destitute. They had a four day journey. Joseph had the money to pay for a room...there were none available. Poor people in that era usually camped by the side of the road or stayed with relatives.

"After they destroyed the economies of their country (Mexico)" ?? Now it is the fault of the USA that their government is corrupt. How many American companies are in Mexico to date?

Tiger Woods a "victim of the dream act" This "reverend" is suffering from dementia.

"dreamers love this country" Sure pal and that is why they carry the Mexican flag when they march

He ought to get busy and send missionaries to "wash the pots" and convert the drug runners and convice his parishioners to not break the laws of this country by illegally entering my country.

Rev. Coleman (and I use the term loosely): Get in line with Rev. Wright

The Rev. "Slim" Coleman. His church is a storefont and he is a long time radical. I do not believe that he is a man of God, but instead is a radical leftist that is using the church for cover for his activiities.

Chicago Tribune Silent on Illegal Immigration Activist's History
    By Mike Bates | August 16, 2006 | 10:13

On the Chicago Tribune's front page today is the story of an illegal immigrant who's taken refuge in a Chicago church to avoid deportation. The headline is "Act of faith, defiance" and the article includes a color photo of the woman and her son. Yesterday's Tribune coverage on the event noted: "The church's pastor, the Rev. Walter Coleman, said his congregation decided to offer Arellano refuge after praying about her plight.. . . 'She represents the voice of the undocumented, and we think it's our obligation, our responsibility, to make a stage for that voice to be heard,' he said."

Walter Coleman? Could that be Walter "Slim" Coleman, a longtime left wing activist? Yes, it is.

And what's interesting is the Tribune makes no mention of the Reverend's extensive background, much of it documented by the Tribune over the years.

A self-described community organizer, Slim was on the board of a group getting Federal money back in the 70s to provide free lunches to hundreds of poor children each day. Tribune writer Jeff Lyon reported in August of 1979 that an investigation disclosed the real participation was about 70 children a day.

This experience no doubt helped Coleman in becoming a key adviser to Chicago's Mayor Harold Washington. A Tribune piece in August of 1984 carried the charges of an alderman that Chicago "agreed to give $70,000 to a health clinic operated by the Heart of Uptown Coalition headed by Slim Coleman, a Washington supporter."

The following year Slim, then identifying himself as a journalist, was provoked by a Washington opponent and leaped to the City Council floor screaming "I'm going to get you" at the alderman. The Tribune's Robert Davis reported in the June 14, 1985 edition: "Published reports have said the mayor often seeks Coleman’s advice, particularly on dispensing federal funds for neighborhood and community development. There also have been published reports that Coleman, after years of criticizing the political use of government money, has told community organization leaders that to dip into the federal trough, they would have to do political things like picket the homes (of Washington's opponents.)"

According to Tribune columnists Kathy O'Malley and Hanke Gratteau in December of 1986: "Leave it to Slim Coleman to throw the first below-the-belt punch of Campaign '87. The Uptown activist, who uses his community newspaper to defend his good chum Mayor Harold Washington, is spreading the word that he's sitting on a dossier of photos, a sort of `"This is Your Life`" for (another) mayoral hopeful."

After Mayor Washington's death, the Tribune gave editorial advice to his successor: "People like Slim Coleman and Ald. Helen Shiller were making their influence felt during Mr. Washington`s second term; the new mayor should sweep them out of City Hall's fifth floor and purge city policy of their loony leftist ideas."

In 1990 the newspaper reported on the first Midwest Radical Scholars and Activists Conference. Wrote author Jessica Seigel: "'Everyone is dissolving,' said Uptown activist Slim Coleman at the Chicago conference Sunday. 'Every time I meet someone, they’re no longer a Marxist-Leninist this or that.'"

In January of 1991, the Tribune covered an antiwar demonstration and noted the presence of Coleman, identified as "a longtime advocate of affordable housing and other causes."

2004 found Slim condemning the abuse at Abu Ghraib and the Tribune reported: "Preaching at St. Adalberto United Methodist Church, a Hispanic storefront parish on Chicago's South Side, Rev. Walter 'Slim' Coleman told his small congregation that the number of photographs--estimated at 1,500--shows the abuse was a policy, not an aberration in the war. 'Rumsfeld said it was just a few rotten apples, not the policy of the government,' Coleman said in a fire-and-brimstone sermon."

The Most Reverend Coleman has quite a record, one that the Chicago Tribune and other media outlets should make some mention of in reporting his current activities. They don't need to provide extensive details, but they should give their audience a clue.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/node/7013#ixzz18qOFuu7w
    http://newsbusters.org/node/7013

Emma Lozano, Walter "Slim" Coleman are married
    Here's something I did not know. Emma Lozano (of Chicago's Pueblo Sin Fronteras/Centro Sin Fronteras) is married to the Reverend Walter "Slim" Coleman. The latter is the pastor of the church where Elvira Arellano has sought "refuge" rather than abiding by a deportation order. Arellano and Lozano have together called for a "campaign of resistance" to prevent deportations of other illegal aliens.

That kind of puts Lozano's complaint about "small white led leftist organizations" interfering in the "immigrants rights movement" into a bit more of a questionable focus.

http://24ahead.com/blog/archives/006854.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Rev. Coleman's call for civil disobedience.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    This was Elvira Arellano's reverend, and the one calling for civil disobedience in order to pressure Obama to put a moratorium on deportations.
    These are the same cowards that ran out on Mexico and refused to fight for their own country. Why would these same cowards fight for anything here. Cowards are always cowards.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    These are the same cowards that ran out on Mexico and refused to fight for their own country. Why would these same cowards fight for anything here. Cowards are always cowards.
    And don't forget to add leaches on top of cowards too!!!!

Now come to think of it civil disobedience might help wake up the fools in this country that sit in their ivory tower, and hire them instead of their own countrymen...Go ahead and riot scum-suckers...that should be well received probably interesting to watch too!!!

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    And don't forget to add leaches on top of cowards too!!!!

Now come to think of it civil disobedience might help wake up the fools in this country that sit in their ivory tower, and hire them instead of their own countrymen...Go ahead and riot scum-suckers...that should be well received probably interesting to watch too!!!

Kathyet
    COWARDS & LEACHES! Yes they seem to go together don't they? Like you, I wish they would get violent and take it to the streets. Riot, so ALL Americans can finally get their stomachs full of the leaching, cowards and send them back to where they came from.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas