Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rhode Island progress We need to alert North Carolina

I don't know if I spelled it right We need to alert North Carolina they are comin your way from Rhode Island
    Associated Press
    Uneasiness persists over RI immigration order
    By HILARY RUSS , 03.26.09, 03:28 PM EDT

Simon Hernandez says his convenience store business is down by almost half in the past year. He blames the state's high jobless rate and foreclosure crisis, which hit this heavily Hispanic city hard.

But he also says an executive order signed a year ago by Gov. Don Carcieri cracking down on illegal immigration drove away his largely immigrant base of customers, who told him they were moving to North Carolina and other states where they could live without fear of getting deported.

Yahoo! Buzz"They told me they left because of this order," Hernandez said. "It's not only me."

The governor's order was announced a year ago Friday and was aimed at helping state police and employers root out illegal immigrants. But some residents of recession-battered Rhode Island - suffering from one of the nation's highest unemployment rates, at 10.5 percent - wonder whether the order has done anything but stir up angry rhetoric and add to the state's misery.

Carcieri announced the order as the state was facing a $550 million budget deficit. He said illegal immigrants were on a burden on public schools, hospitals and law enforcement agencies and blamed the federal government for not taking action.

His order required state agencies, vendors and contractors to use a federal database known as E-Verify to check the legal work status of new hires. It also directed state police and prison and parole officials to identify illegal immigrants for possible deportation.

The order created an immediate stir. In the days afterward, Capitol police had to remove dozens of demonstrators from Carcieri's office policy office on Smith Hill.

We must not stop

We need to also get involved with the Tax Revolts and keep the fire going
    with John and Ken. While the fire is still lit we have to keep our opposition rollin. While it has been noticed as the taxpayers across America are fired up. Did you notice that the last few days how the stock market has convieniently risen. When we get mad they cover their tracks quick. I am not falling for that.Stay focused fired up and network people network.
    Tell them we know we want our laws enforced our borders sealed and
    Stop raping the American people and the generations to come. We have to scream in no uncertain terms We want our country back and the rule of law to be enforced by ALL of our enforcement officers.

Right On, americangal4ever!! You got it down!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Believe me, North Carolina is already overwhelmed with illegals and has been for a long time. The overcrowding in many of the public schools has been in large part due to anchor babies starting kindergarten. This state has been a top destination for illegals working in construction and most of them brought their families with them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

hopefully some more changes in the north carolina drivers license will start to reverse that hattiecat. we can only hope.
    Simon Hernandez says his convenience store business is down by almost half in the past year. He blames the state's high jobless rate and foreclosure crisis, which hit this heavily Hispanic city hard
    yeah,it's all about hispanics!.blah---blah---blah
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou