Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rick Perry for President

I live in Texas and let me tell you. You do not want Perry for President. He has done nothing to control our borders. He talks alot but his actions mean nothing. He will sell this country out faster than Obama.

He has tried pushing toll roads down our throats. He tried to push us into a toll road on a road that our tax dollars had already paid for which is against our laws here in Texas.

He did manage to sell of land to Spaniards for a toll road across our state from Austin. The state has no control over the amount of tolls.

He also supports a highway from Mexico to Canada to combine the U. S. with them into on nation.

He cares nothing about education. Our education system in Texas has gone to the bottom of the list with his help.

Although, he did make a grant available to illegals to attend College and University's here in Texas, with our tax dollars received from the Feds. what a guy.

He has taken money from our children who are citizens of this country to reduce our deficit in the state. Again what a guy.

So if your thinking about voting for him please do your homework.

A very concerned Texan....SAY NO TO PERRY1
    DTaft

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Re: Rick Perry for President

Quote Originally Posted by DTaft
    I live in Texas and let me tell you. You do not want Perry for President. He has done nothing to control our borders. He talks alot but his actions mean nothing. He will sell this country out faster than Obama.

He has tried pushing toll roads down our throats. He tried to push us into a toll road on a road that our tax dollars had already paid for which is against our laws here in Texas.

He did manage to sell of land to Spaniards for a toll road across our state from Austin. The state has no control over the amount of tolls.

He also supports a highway from Mexico to Canada to combine the U. S. with them into on nation.

He cares nothing about education. Our education system in Texas has gone to the bottom of the list with his help.

Although, he did make a grant available to illegals to attend College and University's here in Texas, with our tax dollars received from the Feds. what a guy.

He has taken money from our children who are citizens of this country to reduce our deficit in the state. Again what a guy.

So if your thinking about voting for him please do your homework.

A very concerned Texan....SAY NO TO PERRY1
    welcome to ALIPAC DTaft and I dont think Perry is doing to well on this site
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome DTaft! I'm a fellow Texan.

I had not heard this, please let me know more. I know illegals can't get the Pell Grant because you have to prove citizenship so what grant are they eligible for? Just curious.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Welcome DTaft! I'm a fellow Texan.

I had not heard this, please let me know more. I know illegals can't get the Pell Grant because you have to prove citizenship so what grant are they eligible for? Just curious.

Dixie
    Our own kids cant get pell grants if tea party republicans have their way.Perry wont get my support if he gets the GOP.Obama will get it instead.Dont need another Bush.

While campaigning for President, does Perry have to pay the toll when he uses those toll roads in Texas that he created?

RELATED

Presidential Candidates: Enforcement Vs. Amnesty
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-246987-0-da ... rasc-.html

Far right questions Rick Perry on immigration
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1254299.html#1254299

Perry’s immigration record
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-247122.html
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When I see or hear Perry I shiver since he is just a GWB clone only maybe worse if that is possible.

Please Please Mr./Ms. Smith run for President our country needs a common person to clean house in Washington
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    When I see or hear Perry I shiver since he is just a GWB clone only maybe worse if that is possible.

Please Please Mr./Ms. Smith run for President our country needs a common person to clean house in Washington
    I heard Perry on the radio yesterday, and at first I thought it was Bush talking. Their voices are almost identical. Just too spooky.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

I agree, Perry is not our man based on his track record on illegal immigation. Texas has a large number of Hispanics and he will be pandering to them for votes. I can just hear the empty promises from him just like Obama did about supporting an amnesty for them.

working4change
    Political Positions of Rick Perry

Governor Perry supports open borders, sanctuary city policies, benefits for illegal aliens, and amnesty for illegal aliens through a comprehensive immigration reform plan. During election times, Governor Perry has spoke about the need to secure the border and occasionally speaks out against sanctuary cities. However, outside of the election, Governor Perry has signed legislation to grant in-state tuition to illegal aliens, kept in place guidelines to prevent law enforcement from finding illegal aliens, and opposed efforts from other states to enforce immigration laws. He has stated that there are jobs that people from Mexico will do but US citizens will not.

One of the first pieces of legislation that Governor Perry supported and signed after taking office was the Texas version of the DREAM Act. The law allows illegal aliens to pay in state tuition rates at Texas colleges. In a question during the BELO debate in 2010, Governor Perry stated that other US citizens could "move on down to Texas and become a citizen and they'll be ready for it," when asked why he would support in-state tuition for illegal aliens but not for other citizens. In 2009 Governor Perry stated that punishing children by not allowing them to pay in-state tuition because their parents brought them to the US illegally was not what the US was about.

Governor Perry has spoken often about the need to secure the border. He has written numerous op-eds and given several speeches noting that border security is a responsibility of the federal government and that it is failing in it's responsibility. He has also criticized the movement of criminal aliens through Texas to be released in Mexico, and has criticized the lack of funds for incarcerating illegal aliens.

In 2004, Governor Perry stated that he supported efforts by President Bush to establish a guest worker program to allow aliens to enter the country legally and then work and return home. In support of this plan, Governor Perry noted that bringing the labor of illegal aliens off the black market legitimizes the labor of those people and removes the incentive to enter illegally. Governor Perry proposes the plan as a better method of securing the border and preventing illegal immigration - a guest worker program that legally allows anyone who desires to enter the country to do so legally.

When Arizona enacted legislation to allow law enforcement officers to inquire about immigration status of those it was already in contact with, Governor Perry opposed the move and called it the wrong direction for Texas. He stated that turning law enforcement officers into immigration officers removed them from their task of protecting the people. These statements are counter to those made numerous times by Governor Perry when he asserted the success of multiple cross-bureau operations involving crime along the border and illegal immigration. Governor Perry stated that no matter what the color of the uniform, increased law presence and enforcement decreased crime.

During the 2010 election and the run up to a possible 2012 presidential bid, Governor Perry spoke against and threatened to move on sanctuary cities. However, the Texas Department of Public Safety policy mirrors the policies that define a "sanctuary city" in which officers are forbidden from inquiring about immigration status.

Texas DREAM Act

In May of 2001, Governor Perry signed House Bill 1403. This legislation allowed illegal aliens who graduate from a Texas public high school to attend a Texas college at the in state tuition rate.

AN ACT relating to the eligibility of certain persons to qualify as residents of this state for purposes of higher education tuition or to pay tuition at the rate provided to residents of this state.
    BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:

SECTION 1. Section 54.051(m), Education Code, is amended to read as follows:

Unless the student establishes residency as provided by Section 54.052(j) or 54.057, tuition for a student who is a citizen [are
    … ... more

Veto of Driver's License Legislation

In 2001, Governor Perry vetoed legislation that passed through both the state House and Senate with wide support. The measure would have changed Texas law to allow the Department of Public Safety to accept whatever it deems appropriate as valid identification to receive a driver's license. Proponents claimed that a driver's license represents knowledge of motor vehicle rules and not proof of citizenship or valid immigration status. Opponents stated that it was an obvious attempt to assist illegal immigrants and avoiding the law. In vetoing the legislation, Governor Perry stated that Texas already possessed a mechanism for legal immigrants and ambassadors to drive legally in the US and no further methods were necessary. The summary from the digest and the reason given there for Governor Perry's veto are show below.

DIGEST: HB 396 would have defined proof of identity necessary to receive a driver’s license as:

! a driver’s license or personal identification certificate issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS), even if it is expired;
    ! a valid driver’s license or valid identification document from another state that includes a photo of the person;
    ! a passport or identity card with a photo issued by another country, even if it is expired;

… ... more

Southwest Border Registration Education Project

In June of 2001, Governor Perry spoke at the Southwest Border Registration Education Project. During that speech, he noted his view that illegal immigrants should be educated in Texas colleges at in-state tuition rates not available to American citizens.

Gov. Rick Perry's Remarks to The Southwest Voter Registration Education Project
    * Note: Gov. Perry frequently departs from prepared remarks.
    Friday, June 22, 2001 • Speech

Thank you Antonio. Mayor Garza, Latino Vote 2001 Chairman Henry Cisneros, fellow elected officials, friends in San Antonio. It is my great honor to be with you this evening. Before I begin, let me introduce someone very special to me. She spent 17 years as a nurse providing health care to those in need. Just a few
    … ... more

Border Summit Remarks

In August of 2001, Governor Perry spoke at the border summit. He noted Texas move to allow illegal aliens to pay in state tuition rates. He also states that any view of Texas's future must include the children of illegal aliens. He uses the term "Si se puede" to note his support for illegal alien rights in the US. He also states that he support Mexico President Vicente Fox's view of an open border.

Gov. Rick Perry's Remarks to the Border Summit
    * Note: Gov. Perry frequently departs from prepared remarks.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2001 • Speech

Thank you Senator Lucio. President Nevarez, UT-Pan American is to be commended for its vision and leadership in hosting this unprecedented border summit in the beautiful Texas town of Edinburg. My friends from Mexico, including Governor Tomas Yarrington Ruvalcaba of Tamaulipas, and Governor Fernando Canales Clariond of Nuevo Leon, it is an
    … ... more

Support for President Bush's Plan

In January of 2004, Governor Perry released a press statement noting his support for a guest worker plan put forth by President Bush.

Statement of Gov. Rick Perry Regarding President Bush's Immigration Proposal
    Wednesday, January 07, 2004 • Press Release

“During my visit with President Fox last November, I reaffirmed my support for a guest worker program that balances our two countries’ economic realities along with the need for homeland security. President Bush’s proposal reflects those goals.

“As a former governor of this state, President Bush understands well the huge impact that immigration has on Texas,
    … ... more

A Better Way to Secure the Border

In December of 2006, Governor Perry released a press statement noting his views on securing the border. He states that he opposes amnesty for illegal aliens as it rewards illegal behavior, but that he opposes enforcement of US laws through deportation or punishment for those who violate the laws as that would harm the US economy. He proposes a guest worker program to allow those here illegally to continue that work on a legal basis but without citizenship.

A Better Way to Secure the Border
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 • Editorial

A famous poet once wrote that “good fences make good neighbors.â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast