Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rick Sanchez interview- Tom Tancredo

Rick Sanchez will be interviewing Tom Tancredo on CNN's Out in the Open between 7-8 CST. Sanchez will probably strut around Tancredo like a rooster.

I'll try to post something about the interview. I guess he's saving the best for last since he has a Larry Craig segment coming up. Maybe Sanchez will challenge Tancredo to a cockfight.

This guy is strutting machismo on a stick.

It was a short segment, and Sanchez started off talking about the growing political clout of Hispanics. He questioned why Republicans aren't jumping on the bandwagon by holding a Spanish language debate. Surprisingly, he did concede that Spanish-only television isn't necessarily a good thing in terms of helping assimilation.

Tancredo stuck to his guns about the importance of English being our primary language and said we make it too easy for non-speakers to remain so. He made a very good comment about the Hispanic community not being monolithic in how it votes, and mentioned the Arizona illegal immigration legislation that over 40% of the Hispanic population supported. Being the oaf he is, Sanchez responded that he bet the Republicans couldn't garner more that 20% of the Hispanic vote in a presidential election. He topped that off with some crack about Tancredo's presidential campaign not gaining much momentum and asked if he would participate in a Spanish language Republican debate. That question was met with a resounding "no". Tancredo was congenial and humorous and presented himself very well, in spite of being interrupted several times.

Tom Tancredo..

Tom Tancredo...
    A man after my own heart...Bless him!
    Deport Now - Get your useless invading rearend out of my country!

Ditto! I saw Tom's interview and I thought he looked and sounded fantastic!

:P

bttt