Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I think the banks would get first dibs at the property that was financed by their banks. However, on that idea, I firmly believe they should NEVER give any loans to illegals, let alone mortgages, so I think the banks should lose all rights to the house they mortgaged to the illegal, and we all know it is knowingly.

I think that the funds of a sale should go to local law enforcement, a special fund to catch illegal aliens, good or bad.
    from what i've been reading within the RICO law and I&N Act, the banks may be ass out on this one.

If that were true the the banks were SOL, it would serve them right!

bump

i don't want this to die. i would like to see this info start going to law enforcement officials and pursued as a way to further scare illegals into self-deportation.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    If that were true the the banks were SOL, it would serve them right!
    RICO prosecutions, is one of the reasons I believe there is a rush to pass Bush's 'comprehensive immigration reform', specifically amnesty for employers, and explains the refusal to separate and pass border security only.

While RICO has been used to file against employers of illegals, i.e., the pending Mohawk Carpets and Canyon County against several employers........

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs ... /1001/NEWS

employers of illegals are not the only RICO-vulnerable businesses. Banks are too. The Center for Immigration Studies explains quite thoroughly how RICO can be used to fight the illegal immigration the federal government won't.

RICO: A New Tool for
    Immigration Law Enforcement:
    http://www.cis.org/articles/2003/back1103.html

background information on Matricular Consula ID Cards:
    http://www.cis.org/articles/2003/back303.html

Quote Originally Posted by kneemow
    bump

i don't want this to die. i would like to see this info start going to law enforcement officials and pursued as a way to further scare illegals into self-deportation.
    Except that in many cities, LE is prevented, by law, from inquiring about status. Perhaps if local lawmakers were aware of their vulnerability to RICO prosecution, law enforcement (and other government agencies) would be being encouraged to, rather than prevented from, determining who is here legally and who is not and would no longer accept the matricula consular ID cards (needed only by illegals) as identification.

"While many jurisdictions have resisted pressure from the Mexican government, others have not; the matricula is now accepted by 800 local law enforcement agencies and 74 banks, as well as by 13 states for purposes of obtaining a driver’s license." (I would add here, which of those 13 states also have 'motor voting'?)

See the CIS links above. Based on the following, it would seem that a whole lotta banks and government institutions could be in a whole heapa RICO trouble. However, unlike the language for giving employers of illegals amnesty, I have found nothing in the S. 2611 that gives any of these folks 'amnesty'. Could be buried though, wouldn't surprise me a bit. Imagine a successful RICO prosecution (triple damage award) against, oh, say, Wells Fargo Bank or perhaps against, Tony Sanchez, Director of International Bank of Commerce, Laredo Texas, democrat, and according to a TPJ.org 2000 report, Bush appointee and "No. 2 career patron" of Bush campaigns.

"Another predicate act that would make an employer liable under RICO is ENCOURAGING or inducing "an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law."

"One way to ENCOURAGE illegal immigration is to accept foreign-issued identification documents, such as the "matricula consular" card issued by the Mexican government, that are only needed by illegal aliens. Mexican consulate offices in the United States issue the cards to Mexican nationals living here, without regard to the immigration status of the recipients. Since all legal immigrants and foreign visitors have access to legitimate U.S.-issued identification, such as a passport with a visa stamp or a green card, only illegal aliens have need to rely on the matricula card to establish identity. Acceptance of such a card as valid U.S. identification would certainly facilitate the entry of illegal aliens into American society, and any bank, municipality, or other entity that accepts the card, knowingly provides benefits — such as the ability to open bank accounts or access public services — to illegal aliens usually reserved solely for US citizens or legal residents. Though there is no court opinion yet that speaks directly to this new issue, it is not unreasonable to argue that such a practice could be found to encourage illegal aliens already in the United States to remain."

I've started contacting any law enforcement agencies (i.e. Sheriff Arpaio of AZ and Sheriff Jones of OH) that has done anything news worthy to help fight Illegal Immigration and brought this to their attention. Hopefully they'll do something with this information that will translate into a news story and help all LE to start using this as a means to fight Illegal Immigration.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I think I might want to look into this as all of Oregon, especially in our area, is a sanctuary state, not just city folks, the whole blinkin' state!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12