Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Romney backs guest worker program; Gets endorsement in return

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just another reason to support Romney over Obama. I'd rather fight a Romney attempt at increasing foreign labor because he'll have to do it through the U.S. Congress (we can fight it there, if it happens). Unfortunately we can't seem to do a darn thing against Obama's amnesties which are accomplished through halted and reduced enforcement! Increases in immigration have to go through the U.S. Congress, there is no getting around that.

Like I've said 10 times before, in reality there are only two choices. Like you, I don't support an increase in foreign labor either, but at least that is something we can fight down the road. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much we can do against Obama's determination to amnesty every single illegal he can through policies that include reduced enforcement of our immigration laws.
    s

I disagree with Googler's analysis of this post. I agree with MW. If I thought for one moment a 3rd party candidate had a chance in this election, I might side with Googler. But the political reality is that all a third party candidate would do is drain support from Romney, and would guarantee Obama's re-election. Secondly, I totally disagree with the comment that Romney cannot possibly beat Obama. With the money Romney has raised, and Obama's overall record of failure, I believe anyone in ALIPAC could beat Obama. Romney needs to keep the campaign focus on Obama's dismal record, and not cheap distractions such as the Chik Fil A stupidity; call Reid and other dems out for the liars they are when they make unfounded accusations; demand all of Obama's records everytime dems demand to see personal data of Romney's that election rules do not mandate; and point out the financial disaster facing this country if we do not make major changes SOON....if he does this and provides a semblance of a plan to turn the economy around, make us truly energy independent (not the green fakery of Obama) Romney will beat Obama.

Lastly, if Romney does beat Obama it remains to be seen what his real positions will be on immigration and illegal immigration issues. But he has promised to enforce the laws. That is the best place to start. I do not care if California farmers have a guest worker program if it is properly managed and controlled. That inherently means no illegal aliens. Positive control of all workers in the program, i.e., the government and the employer have 100 per cent control and view of the workers while here. When the workers are no longer needed, the government ensures they return to their country of origin, or are properly transferred to another employer, again under full control and view of the government and the employer. As to medical support, that should clearly be the responsibility of the employer. Likewise, education, although I would exclude all children from accompanying their parents under the program. As to the red tape, this whole process could be easily streamlined using e-verify linked to a worker data base established for the program. So in my mind, it is not so much that Romney supports a guest worker program, but what are the details, and will he ensure it is properly managed. Frankly, he has little to lose and much to gain if he does support such a program and ensures the program and all participants comply with the law. Oh, and make sure the program does not duplicate any existing visa programs. I did not read why the California farmers can't use the current ag visa programs.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Banned
    You'd be surprised how many in my generation are disappointed in Obama and would have voted for Ron Paul given the chance. So there's absolutely no guarantee a third party candidate would hurt Romney more than Obama IF the candidate in question were the right person. The country, well at least those of us that care about our politics, is largely unhappy with the current state of affairs and would jump at the opportunity to vote for a third-party, the America People's Party, to slap some sense into the current two pathetic parties we have in Washington.

Both Romney and Obama are raising large amounts of money off of wealthy donors and globalists that by and large are happy with the current state of our illegal immigration situation or just don't care at all seeing as it has no effect on them. Anyone here on ALIPAC could beat either of these two, not with big money, but with a grass roots campaign utilizing the Internet and relating to the everyday American, which both Obama and Romney have failed to do as seen in their rising unfavorable ratings. America is simply sick and tired of the status quo and we're in need of REAL change that will put this country back on track.

And a properly managed guest worker program? We're talking about the government here. Do you really have faith that yet another bureaucratic institution will somehow handle a program like this properly? Yikes. We do indeed have a bleak future if either of these two win....

We do indeed have a bleak future if either of these two win....
    Felt that way about almost every presidential election since I turned 21 in 76.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard View Post
    I'd pretty much echo the same thing you're saying, Ratbstard. We can only choose from the choices being offered. However, for our country's sake, it's important that our choice be reality based. With that said, Romney is my clear choice when it comes down to a choice between him and Obama.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I'd pretty much echo the same thing you're saying, Ratbstard. We can only choose from the choices being offered. However, for our country's sake, it's important that our choice be reality based. With that said, Romney is my clear choice when it comes down to a choice between him and Obama.
    I agree with this. Watching and listening to how this is going down, I do think we will eventually end up with a strong third party. I do not think it will be a Ron Paul or a Roseanne Barr party. I think this election is causing a lot of Moderate Democrats to open their eyes. They are reeling with shock at what has happened to the Democrat Party. I believe they are going to be forced to make personal decisions, no more fence sitting.

Another factor is If the Democratic Party does choose to fly the Rainbow Flag or make Gay Rights part of their platform at their Convention I believe a lot of Democrats will be forced due to their religious beliefs to abandom the Democrat Party. I predict they will simply stay home and not vote.

I believe we don't have a lot of choices in this election, but I think this election will be a deciding factor in future elections and our choices.

Watching and listening to how this is going down, I do think we will eventually end up with a strong third party. I do not think it will be a Ron Paul or a Roseanne Barr party.
    I believe this is a strong possibility. I also think the tipping point for this will be when Independent registered voters total more than registered Democrats and Republicans combined. Given the rate that voters are currently leaving both parties, that might not be too far into the future. The clout that such a preponderance of Independent voters would have means that an Independent voter chosen candidate would have a numeric superiority over either of the other two nominees, and would also have numeric superiority if the GOP and Dems tried to jointly defeat the Independent candidate. This does not guarantee that all Independent voters would necessarily support an Independent candidate, but it would make the Independent nominee not only competitive, but quite likely make the race his/hers to lose.

But, if I had my druthers, we would eliminate the political parties. I believe it was George Washington who said that the biggest problems with political parties is that party politics all too often take precedence over what is best for the country. Unfortunately, we see that every day.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    When Bush was running, although I was in middle school and high school, and not following politics too closely, is it safe to say this was the exact same sentiment back then? And look how that turned out... I imagine Democrats also subscribe to the "lesser of two evils" mentality that has ruined that union plagued party. The problem here is that people from either side are just too afraid to make the first step into the "light" and prefer to play it safe election after election just so the other guy doesn't win, and so we end up electing essentially the same terrible leaders over and over. It's a sad sad situation. I don't want to reach my 30s and see that nothing has changed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Another factor is If the Democratic Party does choose to fly the Rainbow Flag or make Gay Rights part of their platform at their Convention I believe a lot of Democrats will be forced due to their religious beliefs to abandom the Democrat Party. I predict they will simply stay home and not vote.
    Careful there though. The party of the future, with keeping in tune with the direction the nation is moving toward, will move away from religion and keep it out of the public policy discourse including gay marriage, creationism vs evolution (one of these should not be taught in public schools), women's rights, etc. Social liberal Republicans are just as disappointed in their party's backwards stance on various social matters and could possibly lower their enthusiasm to continue voting for them. Which is why it is important that this future third party adopt more liberal social policy to attract these young voters from both sides including independents like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard View Post
    The charts and graphs indicate America has been on the decline since the 70's and im wondering how far back this terrible problem with Presidents goes?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    The charts and graphs indicate America has been on the decline since the 70's and im wondering how far back this terrible problem with Presidents goes?

W
    I'd say that since Nixon imploded The CFR. Bilderberg Group and The Tri-lateral Commision have been selecting our presidents. They've been running this country towards their vision of a NWO-One World Government and most of our politicians are in on the scam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12