Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney could run as an Independent

It is still early and I am hoping for a big Romney victory tonight.

But if it doesnt work out due to McAmnesty's dirty tactics, why doesnt Mitt run as an independent? Ross Perot did in 92 and won 20% of the vote. I think Mitt would do even better. He has the money and organization to pull it off.

It would give us someone to vote for in November rather than just staying home. And with 10 months of talk radio/true conservatives supporting him and pounding McCain I think he could defy the odds and win the Presidency.

Just something to think about if things turn against us. Like I said, I still think he has a good shot at the Republican nomination but this is a viable alternative.

If nothing else, it would really stick it to McShame.

I wonder if Romney has thought about this.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

Re: Romney could run as an Independent

Quote Originally Posted by TrueTexan
    It is still early and I am hoping for a big Romney victory tonight!

But if it doesnt work out due to McAmnesty's dirty tactics, why doesnt Mitt run as an independent? Ross Perot did in 92 and won 20% of the vote. I think Mitt would do even better. He has the money and organization to pull it off.

It would give us someone to vote for in November rather than just staying home. And with 10 months of talk radio/true conservatives supporting him and pounding McCain I think he could defy the odds and win the Presidency.

Just something to think about if things turn against us. Like I said, I still think he has a good shot at the Republican nomination but this is a viable alternative.

If nothing else, it would really stick to McShame.
    Sure, it's an idea, I'd replace the word should to could, because should this happen, it could be a great idea..

One could also speculate the same for RP..

YEA Mitt!!
    www.MittRomney.com
    No need for &lsquo;mass roundups&rsquo;, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

ROMNEY & Dobbs 08'

Gosh would that just be great. We need these guys.
    -- John Wayne</div>

Sure, it's an idea, I'd replace the word should to could
    Good idea! I just made the change.

TRUETEXAN --- u r on IT!!!

....TRUETEXAN --- u r on IT!!!

This might be history in the making!!

The backroom 'establishment' power brokers can stuff their &**$%^&..............

I think they could win.
    -- John Wayne</div>

I think Perot would have done even better if he hadn't sort of flaked out; dropped out of the race, then got back in, then accused the Republicans of doctoring pictures of his daughter (or something like that). It may have been true, but it sounded weird at the time.

If McCain is the Republican nominee, then the old argument that a vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote for an even worse Democrat doesn't mean much this time because on the issues that I care most about the Dems are no worse than McCain -- or at least the end result would be the same.

If the people really want change, then electing a non major party candidate would be a really unique welcome change in itself for many, many of us.

Border security and tightening immigration are generally favored by centrists, conservatives, and even some non-hard left liberals. So, a candidate that stood for that would be considered by a lot of voters.

Bring it on.

Immigration alone is something he could really seperate himself on. Then McCain and Hillary would split the open borders vote.

Also, low taxes, the economy, smaller government, etc are issues he would have all to himself.

Now that I think more about it, I think this really could be the beginning of a renassiance in our nations politics.

It is always darkest before the dawn...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast