Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    The John McCain spinmeisters are trying to create the conventional wisdom that only McCain can beat Hillary in the general, and point to premature polls that show this in a head-to-head matchup. Of course, polls this early from the general election are meaningless. Remember not too long ago Rudy was leading nationally.

IMO, McCain would be a weak and very flawed candidate. This is why the MSM is propping him up and will probably knock him down hard if he wins the nomination. Put McCain next to a youthful, articulate Obama (or even Hillary), with him saying we may have to be in Iraq for 100 years, and he will get smashed.
    I agree with all.

What galls me about my brother, is I don't think he REALLY believes McCain can win. He has, however, bought into the notion that Romney is "slick", although he admits he hasn't paid much attention to his candidacy. My brother worked in Congress for a number of years as a higher-up, and developed considerable disdain for politicians, on the whole. He did like Duncan Hunter, though.

I'll NEVER vote for mcamnesty, and will not vote for hillary or osama either.

I read that at a recent Obama rally, he drew over 10,000 people. Granted it was at a university with lots of students, but still. He also raised a record $32 million in one month. I disagree with him on almost all the issues, but the fact is he is generating lots of enthusiasm. And he will continue to have even more fawning MSM coverage, especially if he knocks off Hillary.

Contrast this with John McCain: he hasn't and won't raise nearly as much $$; the Democratic Party is more motivated; If McCain wins there will be a dispirited, unethusiastic conservative base. And he is running as the incumbent (in the sense that we have had 8 years of an unpopular Republican president) on the brink of a recession.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    This would actually be a case of voting for the lesser of 2 evils

I just don't think most of the base will vote

At least not for McAmnesty

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    This would actually be a case of voting for the lesser of 2 evils

I just don't think most of the base will vote

At least not for McAmnesty
    In terms of illegal immigration, there is not much difference between McCain and Hillary/Obama. Just that IMO McCain actually would be a little more dangerous because he would be able to bully enough GOP members to vote for "comprehensive" (i.e., amnesty) reform.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456