Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Romney not eyeing another WH run

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney not eyeing another WH run

The Hill
    By Mike Lillis
    March 23, 2014

Romney not eyeing another WH run

Mitt Romney said Sunday that he won't take another shot at the White House.

The former Massachusetts governor said there are plenty of strong GOP candidates in contention for the 2016 nomination, but he won't attempt to join them.

"No, I'm thinking about the people who I want to see running for president, and there's quite a group," Romney said on CBS's "Face the Nation" program. "We have a very strong field of leaders who could become our nominee and could stand up for the kind of leadership I think America wants."

He did not name names.

Romney, a Republican primary candidate in the 2008 presidential race, won the GOP nomination in 2012, but was defeated handily by President Obama.

Romney minced no words Sunday when it came to criticizing Obama's track record, particularly on U.S. foreign policy in the face of an ongoing humanitarian crisis in Syria and Russia's recent invasion of Crimea.

He also revealed that, while he might not be eying the White House himself, he's ready to do his part in going after potential Democratic candidates. Indeed, he was careful to associate former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with what he called the "failed" policies of the Obama administration.

"Effective leaders typically are able to see the future to a certain degree, and then try to take actions to shape it in some way," he said. "And that's of course what this president has failed to do, and his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as well."

Reminiscing about GOP of the past, Romney said he's confident that the Republicans can return a candidate to the White House in 2016. And he vowed to help them get there.

"A lot of people are looking back to the 1980s and saying, 'Wouldn't it be nice if we had leaders like Ronald Reagan and George Bush and Jim Baker and George Shultz and some of the strong presidents and secretaries of State that led us during very difficult times?'" he said.

"I think we have those kinds of leaders in the party, and I wholly anticipate that I'll be supporting one of them very vigorously."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...hite-house-run
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That is some good news but in the mean time he runs around the country marginalizing conservatives and the tea party so he is simply another RINO.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Thank you "JESUS" ... finally some good news
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)