Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Romney record on immigration

Here's a link to a webpage that contains information about Gov. Romney's record on immigration: www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Releases/ ... mmigration.

Beacuse I can't cut and past from the computer I'm using, I can only hope that I have typed in the link correctly.

Mitt Romney vetoed legislation that would have rewarded illegal aliens with in-state tutition at pulbic colleges and universities in Masachusetts.

Mitt Romney opposed and continues to oppose driver licenses for illegal aliens.

Mitt Romney supports English immersion in public schools. He believes English immersion should be the norm for all non-native English speakers.

In May 2006, Mitt Romney administration began an attempt to get the federal government to sign an agreement to allow Massachusetts to be trained to administer and enforce federal immigration laws. The agreement was signed in December 2006.

Mitt Romney supports the idea of training state and local law enforcement officers to enforce federal immgiration laws.

Mitt Romney has said that the first principle of his immigration plan is to secure the borders.

Mitt Romney opposes any form of amnesty for illegal aliens.

Mitt Romney supports strong enforcement of laws against employers hiring illegal aliens.

He also supports a pathway to citixenship if illegal aliens meet certain conditions. I saw this on a list in one of the Iowa newspapers that detailed each candidates position on illegal immigration. If I can find it again I will post it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow... alot of Romney posts today..

If Romney is against Amnesty, why did he support the SHAMNESTY bill a few months ago?

Why is there various articles and such stipulating that he WILL give a path to citizenship for those already here?

Naw, Romeny is a CFR big business hack. I mean, he is the same type we are fighting against.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

If Romney is against Amnesty, why did he support the SHAMNESTY bill a few months ago?

Why is there various articles and such stipulating that he WILL give a path to citizenship for those already here?

Naw, Romeny is a CFR big business hack. I mean, he is the same type we are fighting against.
    Romney didn't support the Shamnesty bill months ago---he specifically said that during the debates.

Also, why does Ron Paul not have a plan to go after employers to hold them accountable in any way???
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

Rather than just snipe back and forth on this I'll just ask you
    who we should support THAT HAS A VIABLE chance to win and does
    have a record against illegals ?
    Huck?
    Rudi?
    Hillary?
    Obama?
    McCain?

The way things are shaping up those will be the choices

Banned
    Jeez Louise, would y'all just QUIT!!

Banned
    I just have to ask this

If Romney was such a big "amnesty" supporter

"If Romney is against Amnesty, why did he support the SHAMNESTY bill a few months ago?"

Why did he stop the instate and drivers license bennys and partner
    ICE with the Mass state police?

That just doesn't wash with being a big amnesty supporter

Mitt Romney's opposition to the amnesty bill

Mitt Romney openly and clearly opposed the Senate amnesty bill.

Here is a link (if I can type it in correctly) to a press release he issued about the Senate amnesty bill on May 17, 2007: www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Releases/ ... _Agreement .

Banned
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Boston, MA - Governor Mitt Romney issued the following statement on today's U.S. Senate agreement on immigration reform:

"I strongly oppose today's bill going through the Senate. It is the wrong approach. Any legislation that allows illegal immigrants to stay in the country indefinitely, as the new 'Z-Visa' does, is a form of amnesty. That is unfair to the millions of people who have applied to legally immigrate to the U.S.

"Today's Senate agreement falls short of the actions needed to both solve our country's illegal immigration problem and also strengthen our legal immigration system. Border security and a reliable employment verification system must be our first priority."

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast