Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Romney refuses to take media's 'illegal' bait

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Romney refuses to take media's 'illegal' bait

ROMNEY REFUSES TO TAKE MEDIA'S 'ILLEGAL' BAIT

by
    JOHN NOLTE 06/18/2012

While our presumptive nominee Mitt Romney has criticized Obama's cynical, politically-timed power grab, he has yet to say whether or not he would repeal President Obama's executive decision to no longer enforce our laws with respect to somewhere around one million Mexican illegals. Instead, first thing this morning, the Romney campaign went right back to talking about Obama's failed economy:

Our Time - YouTube

A number of my fellow conservatives, many of whom I admire, are hitting Romney for not taking a stand on this, but what exactly is Romney supposed to do? This entire story is, quite obviously, a coordinated trap set up by both the Obama campaign and their White House Media Palace Guards to change the subject and gum Romney up in divisive identity politics for the next ten days.
    Within seconds of Obama's unilateral move (remember when the media hated those?), many of the Media Palace Guards I follow on Twitter were tweeting things like "game changer," because after having no choice but to report on Obama's very bad two weeks, they were all in agony and desperate to change the subject -- desperate for a "game changer."
    So the media itself tried to turn Obama violating his oath of office to uphold the laws of our country into exactly that. The MSM quickly turned Obama's disregard for the law into a story about his compassion, decisiveness, and how brilliant the move was politically.
    Then, of course, they trained their fire on Romney.

• What will Romney do?
    • What will he say?
    • Oh, look, Romney is refusing to make a statement.
    • Oh, look, Obama put Romney in a no-win situation.

But the no-win situation was created by the lapdog media with a single question that you can bet is a White House talking point: "As president, will you repeal the Obama policy?'
    If Romney says he won't repeal, the Right explodes (and rightfully so), and we have ten days worth of stories about Romney losing his base.
    If Romney says he will repeal, the media still attacks. Suddenly we have 10 days worth of stories about all these poor oppressed illegals, about Romney's problems with the Hispanic vote, about Romney-The-Cruel.

This was the plan:

1. Obama releases the news on Friday in order to affect the Sunday talk shows. (Team Obama also knew Romney would be on "Face the Nation" with their water-carrier Bob Schieffer).

2. As they always do, the Sunday talk shows comply with White House strategy by making Obama's compassion and political brilliance The Big Story. This is also a move to set up the narrative for the coming week regardless of how Romney answers the repeal question.

3. Regardless of how he answers the question, Romney enters a world of media-created hurt for the following week.

Instead, and wisely in my opinion, Romney lifted his middle finger to the entire ploy and refused to take the bait

Now the story is, "Romney won't answer," which isn't flattering but is certainly better than all the alternative stories you can bet the media had already written.

And now Romney is back on track talking about Obama's failed economic policies, which is the only ground upon which this election will be won.
    Yes, leadership is the act of making tough decisions. But sometimes the toughest decision of all is to take the hit for not making a decision. You never fight on the enemy's turf. Never. Even if it means turning tail and running. Ask those "cowards" George Washington and Sam Houston about that.
    My guess is that Romney will answer this question in his own time and on the ground of his choosing.

This is chess not checkers, and right now -- as we saw on Friday -- Obama and his MSM pals are frantically playing checkers.

Romney, unlike McCain, who always allowed the media to put him in reactionary mode, is not.

Romney Refuses to Take Media's 'Illegal' Bait

Typically sensible piece by John Nolte, who is focused on the "vetting" of Obama, along with the rest of Breitbart. We would all like Romney to lash out at Dictator Obama over this, but that is OUR job, and the job of folks like Brewer, Steve King, Lamar Smith, Sheriff Joe, ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, Stand With Arizona, FAIR, etc. We have a lot of troops to handle this mess. Let Romney focus on Obama's weakest spot. HOWEVER....

I take ALL that back if Romney moves closer to Marco Rubio's DREAM Nightmare hispandering nonsense. If he is going to keep his mouth shut...then do it for that too, and just let the naive tool Rubio fade out of view. His weak ideas are the last thing we need.

If Romney moves further towards Rubio's position, then Houston we have a BIG problem...

Quote Originally Posted by dogpile View Post
    Typically sensible piece by John Nolte, who is focused on the "vetting" of Obama, along with the rest of Breitbart. We would all like Romney to lash out at Dictator Obama over this, but that is OUR job, and the job of folks like Brewer, Steve King, Lamar Smith, Sheriff Joe, ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, Stand With Arizona, FAIR, etc. We have a lot of troops to handle this mess. Let Romney focus on Obama's weakest spot. HOWEVER....

I take ALL that back if Romney moves closer to Marco Rubio's DREAM Nightmare hispandering nonsense. If he is going to keep his mouth shut...then do it for that too, and just let the naive tool Rubio fade out of view. His weak ideas are the last thing we need.

If Romney moves further towards Rubio's position, then Houston we have a BIG problem...
    I believe that the media is claiming that Romney said this weekend he supported Rubio's plan.

Can someone link us to that source please?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    I believe that the media is claiming that Romney said this weekend he supported Rubio's plan. Can someone link us to that source please?
    I believe this is the interview of which you speak of.

Romney Critizes Obama DREAM Act Prosecutorial Discretion Initiative

Published on Jun 17, 2012 by MicEvHill
    Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA) was critical of President Obama's DREAM Act prosecutorial discretion initiative and of the Obama immigration record, in general, during a June 17, 2012, appearance on the Sunday public affairs programs
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought Romney handled the attempted trap very well. I heard nothing that says he supports Rubio's plan.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod View Post
    ROMNEY REFUSES TO TAKE MEDIA'S 'ILLEGAL' BAIT

by
    JOHN NOLTE 06/18/2012

While our presumptive nominee Mitt Romney has criticized Obama's cynical, politically-timed power grab, he has yet to say whether or not he would repeal President Obama's executive decision to no longer enforce our laws with respect to somewhere around one million Mexican illegals. Instead, first thing this morning, the Romney campaign went right back to talking about Obama's failed economy:

Our Time - YouTube

A number of my fellow conservatives, many of whom I admire, are hitting Romney for not taking a stand on this, but what exactly is Romney supposed to do? This entire story is, quite obviously, a coordinated trap set up by both the Obama campaign and their White House Media Palace Guards to change the subject and gum Romney up in divisive identity politics for the next ten days.
    Within seconds of Obama's unilateral move (remember when the media hated those?), many of the Media Palace Guards I follow on Twitter were tweeting things like "game changer," because after having no choice but to report on Obama's very bad two weeks, they were all in agony and desperate to change the subject -- desperate for a "game changer."
    So the media itself tried to turn Obama violating his oath of office to uphold the laws of our country into exactly that. The MSM quickly turned Obama's disregard for the law into a story about his compassion, decisiveness, and how brilliant the move was politically.
    Then, of course, they trained their fire on Romney.

• What will Romney do?
    • What will he say?
    • Oh, look, Romney is refusing to make a statement.
    • Oh, look, Obama put Romney in a no-win situation.

But the no-win situation was created by the lapdog media with a single question that you can bet is a White House talking point: "As president, will you repeal the Obama policy?'
    If Romney says he won't repeal, the Right explodes (and rightfully so), and we have ten days worth of stories about Romney losing his base.
    If Romney says he will repeal, the media still attacks. Suddenly we have 10 days worth of stories about all these poor oppressed illegals, about Romney's problems with the Hispanic vote, about Romney-The-Cruel.

This was the plan:

1. Obama releases the news on Friday in order to affect the Sunday talk shows. (Team Obama also knew Romney would be on "Face the Nation" with their water-carrier Bob Schieffer).

2. As they always do, the Sunday talk shows comply with White House strategy by making Obama's compassion and political brilliance The Big Story. This is also a move to set up the narrative for the coming week regardless of how Romney answers the repeal question.

3. Regardless of how he answers the question, Romney enters a world of media-created hurt for the following week.

Instead, and wisely in my opinion, Romney lifted his middle finger to the entire ploy and refused to take the bait

Now the story is, "Romney won't answer," which isn't flattering but is certainly better than all the alternative stories you can bet the media had already written.

And now Romney is back on track talking about Obama's failed economic policies, which is the only ground upon which this election will be won.
    Yes, leadership is the act of making tough decisions. But sometimes the toughest decision of all is to take the hit for not making a decision. You never fight on the enemy's turf. Never. Even if it means turning tail and running. Ask those "cowards" George Washington and Sam Houston about that.
    My guess is that Romney will answer this question in his own time and on the ground of his choosing.

This is chess not checkers, and right now -- as we saw on Friday -- Obama and his MSM pals are frantically playing checkers.

Romney, unlike McCain, who always allowed the media to put him in reactionary mode, is not.

Romney Refuses to Take Media's 'Illegal' Bait
    This article basically voices what I've been thinking all along .......... and what I have said in response to several posts in other threads. Where some have seen Romney's silence as a negative, I think he's playing it smart by keeping his mouth shut on the issue. I say let the illegals and their supporters keep wondering what he's going to do. Look at the damage Obama has done over the last 3 1/2 years .... can Romney do worse ...... I don't think so!
    Last edited by MW; 06-18-2012 at 07:52 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Did anyone else notice how "Handsome" Mr. Romney looked during this interview? His eyes are so dreamy, I acually got lost in them!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyk View Post
    Did anyone else notice how "Handsome" Mr. Romney looked during this interview? His eyes are so dreamy, I acually got lost in them!!!

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn View Post
    I thought Romney handled the attempted trap very well. I heard nothing that says he supports Rubio's plan.
    You're right, he did not say he supported Rubio's or anyone elses plan.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think the article raises some good points. However, besides being an illegal immigrant issue, this is a Constitutional issue. What Obama did is unconstitutional! I do wish Romney had at least referenced that. And in my experience, it is often more important what a politician does NOT say, rather than what he does.

One other thing, Romney is still talking about legislative changes to immigration law. Why is simple enforcement of the laws we have not an option?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast