Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney supports English immersion

According to an article published on January 24, 2003, in "The Boston Globe" entitled "Romney Firm on English Timetable", Gov. Mitt Romney's press secretary, Shawn Fedderman, said Gov. Romney would veto anything that weakens or delays English immersion".

Link ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

link

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Link ?
    Because I am far away from home, I am using a computer at a pulbic library that will not allow me to cut and paste. The quote, though, comes from the Americans for better Immigration (ABI) website.

Been there, done that and it's the BEST way to learn a new language.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

My Brazilian friend, our Mexican Catholic (NOW an AMERICAN and PROUD of it!) priest friend, my Ukranian maternal grandparents, my mother, her brother and sisters have ALSO BEEN there, DONE that, and AGREE that THIS is BEST for learning a NEW language, too!

Thanks for the links/info Tancredo fan.

BTW, on another thread someone heard on a talk radio show that Romney's staffers told Roy Beck that he (Romney) is supposed to clarify his position on illegal immigration soon (I assume because of some of the comments Romney made on Meet the Press). Have you seen or heard anything on this?

So? Thats saying if the illegals stay he wants them to learn english?

We dont want them to stay! We want them to go back to their countries and never come back!

Romney is not strong on illegal immigration when compared to Paul, Hunter and Thompson.

Romney is a flip, flopping politician who will say whatever is expedient to get elected.

He is a slimy, snake-oil peddling politician who doesnt gve a damn about our constitution and doesnt even know our rights.

Banned
    You know there is suppose to be a truce on bashing candidates but I'm very nearly at the end of my rope

It seems its ok for some to just run wild and kick anybody they want
    but when some of us try to defend our guy we get kicked

Whats up with that ?

I'm interjecting as an Admin / Moderator here folks... and am not directing this to any one person in particular...

I want to politely remind everyone that I do have the authority and power to shut down any threads that spiral downward with respect to candidate discussions, name-calling, and related stuff.

I do understand that many folks here have predispositions toward one candidate vs. another - and that is both normal and to be expected.
    The area that will certainly get people into trouble, is where the discussion ceases to respect these differences and degenerates into a bashing or shouting match.

I have been thinking quite a bit about this problem here and how to approach it... One thing I have thought to consider is this: we can use the forum to discuss the particular aspects of each candidate's platform which is good (thereby forcing our debate upon positive aspects of each candidates statement/comments/etc).

We can save our negative comments and energies to trash the ones that truly do deserve it (most of the Dems, McPain, Ghouliani, etc). But, let me also suggest that the fact that we have a good handful of candidates with enough good points in their views is a GOOD thing. Is any one likely to be 100% perfect on all the important issues to us? No, probably not. But we do have some pretty darn good ones in the race, and we need to band together to help ensure that a). they have a viable chance to make it through to the end and (should a). not happen..) then b). leverage that influence to help shape policy and comments from the other candidates to be favorable to our interests.

I thank you in advance.
    <end of diatribe>

Thanks Phred. Good pts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast