Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney Supports Immigration Reform

Disclaimer: I absolutely detest this man. A "Republican" who supported TARP, a stimulus plan, and "immigration reform." If that lat one doesn't sound like amnesty to you - then you're probably a Mitt supporter.[quote] http://tinyurl.com/c8t9u9

Romney believes that one way to attract more minorities to the GOP is to pass immigration reform before the next election, saying the issue becomes demagogued by both parties on the campaign trail.

“We have a natural affinity with Hispanic-American voters, Asian-American voters,â€
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

MW
    Romney is a known flip-flopper.

He flops around more than a freshly caught tuna on a fishing boat deck.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ELE

He might as well be a Democrat

He has turned out to be a turn coat to the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Romney is the poster child as to what's wrong with the Republican party! RINO!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Romney Supports Immigration Reform

[quote="AngelaTC"]Disclaimer: I absolutely detest this man. A "Republican" who supported TARP, a stimulus plan, and "immigration reform." If that lat one doesn't sound like amnesty to you - then you're probably a Mitt supporter.[quote] http://tinyurl.com/c8t9u9

Romney believes that one way to attract more minorities to the GOP is to pass immigration reform before the next election, saying the issue becomes demagogued by both parties on the campaign trail.

“We have a natural affinity with Hispanic-American voters, Asian-American voters,â€

There is a lot of room to create solutions other than mass deportation or blanket amnesty. I am for the goal of half out by 2012 and no path to citizenship without leaving for a period of years. Still I see possibility of cooperation with soime people who might consider themselves pro amnesty around creating economic solutions in the sending communities. If we trying teleporting illegal immigrants into deep space it will not work persuading the non committed majority of American voters. We have to show that we are working on helping create a situation of increasing income and jobs where the illegal aliens are coming from.

Now I guess we get to hear from the Weekly World News readers on the subway car.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is also included in the story:

Speaking in his Ritz-Carlton room with a pair of blue jeans on the dresser, Romney declined to criticize immigration hard-liners like former Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), who backed Romney after he dropped his own presidential bid. Romney argued that all 2008 GOP candidates — including Tancredo — strongly favor legal immigration.

But I agree this needs clarification, and how exactly he defines "reform."

[quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    This is also included in the story:

Speaking in his Ritz-Carlton room with a pair of blue jeans on the dresser, Romney declined to criticize immigration hard-liners like former Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), who backed Romney after he dropped his own presidential bid. Romney argued that all 2008 GOP candidates — including Tancredo — strongly favor legal immigration.

But I agree this needs clarification, and how exactly he defines "reform."
    I think that's a mealy mouthed statement.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    What a complete V******V! He went around bashing John McCain fervently during the GOP Primary over McCain's support for immigration reform amnesty and now he supports it?

Are we sure that Romney actually said this? If he did, then his is a mega V******V. If someone distorted this message and Romney did not say this, we need to make sure that is last time anyone believes what they put out.

W
    The Hill is pretty reputable. It was their interview, so unless you have the reporter's number in your e-rolodex, that's the only confirmation we're likely to get.

Here's a far-left cite of the same article: http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/02/mit ... migration/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast