Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ron DeSantis says endings subsidies would force lawmakers to act on Obamacare

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron DeSantis says endings subsidies would force lawmakers to act on Obamacare

Ron DeSantis says endings subsidies would force lawmakers to act on Obamacare

By Sally Persons - The Washington Times - Monday, July 31, 2017

Rep. Ron DeSantis said Monday that taking away insurance subsidies from members of Congress would force lawmakers to act on Obamacare.

“Other Americans who are in exchanges are not getting employer subsidies. It’s illegal and somehow Congress gets a workaround. So I applaud the president for raising this issue and if he moved swiftly on it, I think you’d see a lot of these members and senators, they would want to work to repeal Obamacare very quickly,” Mr. DeSantis, Florida Republican, said on Fox News.

Mr. DeSantis was commenting on President Trump’s tweet over the weekend that threatened to end bailouts for members of Congress if the new health care bill was not approved soon.

“If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!” Mr. Trump tweeted on Saturday.

Mr. DeSantis said that he agrees with the president and currently declines the subsidy because he believes it’s “unlawful” to take a benefit not offered to other Americans on the exchange.

“I decline the subsidy. It’s not right, and I don’t take it because I don’t think it’s lawful. And I think president would be absolutely within his rights to cancel the Obama rule that conferred this subsidy on Congress,” Mr. DeSantis said.

Insurance companies currently receive monthly payments from the federal government to offset the cost of Obamacare to lower-income consumers on the exchanges. Mr. Trump will reportedly make a decision about stopping the payments this week.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!
    11:27 AM - Jul 29, 2017

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ould-force-la/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Actually, this surprised even me.

Somehow I knew insurance companies were going to be one of the big winners, along with healthcare corporations, just didn't know how or how much.

This would never have made it through - read or unread - if these people were going to lose out.

Larger hospitals, corporations, have bought out hospitals in smaller towns. They somehow convinced local government to have taxpayers pay for, at least part, of the revamping, or in one case I know, building of a totally new hospital for the corporations.

The doctors are no longer independent doctors, they are corporate employees. They don't do their own billing, make their on decisions as to how much to bill, even what tests to run.

My husband takes medication for blood pressure. He has to have his blood pressure checked, professionally, every 90 days or they won't renew prescription. This used to cost $60 - since the corporation took over, it is now $130!