Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: What did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    If there is a fear that a country (that previously invaded another country, unprevoked) has nukes, chemical weapons, etc.-----and they refuse to allow inspections to erase those fears (which was part of the surrender agreement in regard to Iraq)-----does the president get a second chance if he does nothing----and they have nukes, and they then use those nukes????

There wasn't really any wiggle room in regard to----do they have nukes/chemical weapons or don't they.
    I was never quite sure why we were invading Iraq, but I supported the war for several years. I used to make these same points.

Iraq didn't refuse to allow the inspectors. We pulled out inspectors before we attacked.

You might be thinking of Scott Ritter's team, who left in 1998 because the Iraqi government was not giving his teams the access they were supposed to have, and there was a chance that we were going to attack then. But they ironed all that out, and the inspections program was indeed resumed.

You might recall that by 2002 / 2003, Ritter was making the TV rounds proclaiming to anybdoy that would listen that there were no weapons. Of course, he was then arrested for soliciting a minor...a charge that essentially later disappeared via beaucracy, and was probably a government set up to shut him up and discredit him. I suppose he is lucky that he isn't dead.

As for Kuwait? Heck, Hussein asked us if he could invade Kuwait. We told him we weren't going to meddle in the affairs of the Middle East. If we had simply told him not to, the whole Gulf War could have been avoided.

Also, breaking a UN resolution does not give the US the right to attack another country, anyway.

We can't afford to be the world's police, nor should we remain in denial that our foreign policy stirs up the hornets in the Middle East.

But instead, now we're re-arming the evil Hussein Sunnis again, to fight the Al Qaeda.... that didn't exist in Iraq before we invaded because the Sunni hate them - they never allowed Al Qaeda in Iraq.

And don't forget, we even armed the Al Qaeda so they could defeat those evil Russians back in the day when Communism, and not Islamofascism, was the global threat of the decade..

When exactly do we stop and declare victory? When there's peace in the Middle East? We'll be bankrupted long before then.

I don't care if they do have nukes. They can blow each other up and we can be done with them.
    Don't forget----we were asked/paid by Saudi Arabia to assist with pushing Hussein out of Kuwait.

I guess that the big fear was that after Bin Laden organized the 9/11 attack on our soil----he would be viewed as a hero in Hussein's eyes, and they would join forces. If we began looking for Bin Laden in Afghanistan, would Hussein have provided a safe haven and training camps in Iraq for the terrorists???

Part of the fear as well----was probably that they would join forces and try to prevent the US from having access to oil, or try to control the pricing of the oil so that it destroyed our country.

The inspectors that were allowed in Iraq----were not allowed access to all buildings/locations.

Most of us who have had some involvement against the illegal invasion know that G Bush is no friend to our movement in fact he wanted amnesty, do we forget? My position for years has been the same the war in Iraq is an excuse and distraction from securing our borders!

Go ahead and defend the enemy and his stupidy against our cause to stop the illegal invasion! Isn't Dolly and UsaN's position "now" for the Iraq war just an excuse to defend their godly idol Romney?
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Most of us who have had some involvement against the illegal invasion know that G Bush is no friend to our movement in fact he wanted amnesty, do we forget? My position for years has been the same the war in Iraq is an excuse and distraction from securing our borders!

Go ahead and defend the enemy and his stupidy against our cause to stop the illegal invasion! Isn't Dolly and UsaN's position "now" for the Iraq war just an excuse to defend their godly idol Romney?
    I have never been against the Iraq war or the reasons we went in ,

I am against how long we have stayed there and the mess we
    made over it

I agree with Ron Paul that if we do something like Iraq we need to go in and crush them overwhelmingly and then get out of Dodge

there is no reason for us to still be there now

And there is no reason to keep bringing up Romney , you've already smeared him into oblivion and besides , last time I looked he withdrew from the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger

I NEVER said that I defended Bush in regard to our border security and illegals.

And, I think for myself. Your statement above about Romney would be more appropriately applied to you and your defense of Paul. "Ron Paul said that US policy is to blame, so it must be true."

As S man in the Minuteman forum I made the argument, a long time ago before I knew anything about RP, that the war in Iraq was, and is, an excuse and distraction from securing our borders!

RP just happens to be about 90% in line with my views overall whereas Romney might be around 30% and Huckabee around 40% overall! Huckabee is excellent with his position about the second amendment and Romney was/is not that good! Huckabee's record in Arkansas was horrible in regards to the invasion and Romney's record in Mass. may be better but questionable! Huckabee just recently mirrored some of RP's views to edge him above Romney as far as I'm concerned!

McCain is a traitor like Bush a vote for McCain will be like voting in Bush and maybe worse!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Wow, people must really be scared of Ron Paul!! He is the only canidate standing who will do something about illegal immigration, but some on this forum want his supporters to favor Lou Dobbs or ANYONE else. What's up with that! That is sooooo strange. I am voting for Ron Paul and so are many other people. I am going to keep donating money to the revolution!!! Yeah, Ron Paul 2008!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456