Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ron Paul on Immigration

Ron Paul on Immigration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZsBiZY ... er&search=

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
    Border Security and Immigration Reform
    Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Border Security and Immigration Reform
    The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron's my man, Go Ron GO!!!!!
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Another point-

Immigration of all ethnic groups shoud be and WILL be proportionate, unlike what is happening today which is that latins are processed before any other ethnic groupand are given priority--that's simply racist.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dot

slogans for signs

How about...
    IT'S ILLEGAL TO HIRE AN ILLEGAL

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    the funny thing is we already have these laws... they are just not enforced by the Bush administration

I was hoping he would mention cracking down on employers and empowering local police to enforce immigration laws.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Another point-

Immigration of all ethnic groups shoud be and WILL be proportionate, unlike what is happening today which is that latins are processed before any other ethnic groupand are given priority--that's simply racist.
    Exactly. The charge of the national origins quotas up 'til 1965 is that they were racist. That is absurd.....Lifting the quotas gave Mexicans a huge advantage in dominating the legal immigration pool.....not to mention illegals. As you said, THAT is what is racist -- as well as killing the idea of the "melting pot," assimilation, and creating balkanization.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

It almost seems he doesn't need to mention crackdowns. The populace is speaking up lately and demanding that they do so. Look what's happening in many places around the country. Hopefully, this will continue.
    Hussein who?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I was hoping he would mention cracking down on employers and empowering local police to enforce immigration laws.

W
    I'm still waiting for Paul to say that he will crack down on employers. I don't believe that is in the cards for him. I think he wants to end welfare, but keep the illegals that will stay and work without it.....as he says, "we need laborers." To me this is nonsense. We already have many guest worker programs, and we do not need a single addition to them. Employment is exactly why they come, and THAT should be the primary focus. THAT is what we need to nip in the bud......otherwise we can expect more wage depression and more illegal immigration. At least that is what the history of guest worker programs teaches us........Funny, I thought that Paul was well educated on history.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

April
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Dr. Paul will be interviewed live tomorrow morning (Saturday, Oct. 6) at 7:09 ET on ABC's Good Morning America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast