Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    A True Proud American explaining "the definition of "what it means to be an American" would NOT have added anything out of the concept of "being an American".

This SOB brought up illegals and anchor babies, blending them in as if
    they were true Americans. This so called definition is meant to start rumors
    confincing the younger generation that anyone entering the country(illegaly or not) is an American!

If he doesn't know what it means to be an American....he sure-as-hell
    does't qualify as one!.......... In my book anyway.

I'm so friggin mad ,,I'd love to send that a$$hole a piece of my mind!
    I did email Navarette.

I explained my oposition to IA's and how they are hurting our country,their demanding things they have not earnedsuch as welfare,refusing to learn our lanquage or assemilate,waving and pledging allegence to their home countries NOT the USA etc.

I finished the email with this final thought "Being a Proud American does not depend on the color of your skin but the color of your heart and if it is not red white and blue then go home to the country you love"..
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Something has changed him, this is not the old Ruben he would never NEVER NEVER of said this

New rule: No more free rides on the express train of national pride. If you've actually taken steps to make this country a better place, then be proud. If you haven't, then be quiet.
    Interesting, wonder what is really going on behind the scenes....
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by dregerk
    Something has changed him, this is not the old Ruben he would never NEVER NEVER of said this

New rule: No more free rides on the express train of national pride. If you've actually taken steps to make this country a better place, then be proud. If you haven't, then be quiet.
    Dead on. The same as with Lou Dobbs. It's as if someone has "encouraged" hm to change his mantra.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Mr. Navarrette has not changed one iota. He is simply taking principles he knows are valued by pro-enforcement patriot Americans, twisting them, and using them for his own pro-amnesty purposes. He is trying to claim that illegal aliens are MORE American than pro-enforcement native-born U.S. citizens. In his line you quote, he is claiming U.S. citizens born in the U.S. are the ones taking "free rides on the express train of national pride." Read the sentences he writes just BEFORE that line.

When I put these questions to a group of friends on Facebook, what I got back wasn't satisfying. I asked, "What about these native-born Americans who were - as the saying goes - born on third base and yet prance around like they hit a triple?"

One friend responded that he was proud because he was "lucky enough to be born here."

Is that where we've arrived? Now we're proud of being lucky? If I scratch a winning lottery ticket and win $50, I asked, should I be not only happy but also proud?

He added: "We, as humans, are hard-wired to have pride by mere association."

Now, I'm really confused. As a sports fan, I have a loose "association" with those who join me in rooting for the San Francisco Giants and the Oakland Raiders. Should I be proud of this - in the same way that I'm proud of my children, or proud of things I've done in my life?

<div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow

Mr. Navarrette has not changed one iota. He is simply taking principles he knows are valued by pro-enforcement patriot Americans, twisting them, and using them for his own pro-amnesty purposes. He is trying to claim that illegal aliens are MORE American than pro-enforcement native-born U.S. citizens. In his line you quote, he is claiming U.S. citizens born in the U.S. are the ones taking "free rides on the express train of national pride." Read the sentences he writes just BEFORE that line.

[quote:2vqsn8ol][quote:2vqsn8ol]When I put these questions to a group of friends on Facebook, what I got back wasn't satisfying. I asked, "What about these native-born Americans who were - as the saying goes - born on third base and yet prance around like they hit a triple?"

One friend responded that he was proud because he was "lucky enough to be born here."

Is that where we've arrived? Now we're proud of being lucky? If I scratch a winning lottery ticket and win $50, I asked, should I be not only happy but also proud?

He added: "We, as humans, are hard-wired to have pride by mere association."

Now, I'm really confused. As a sports fan, I have a loose "association" with those who join me in rooting for the San Francisco Giants and the Oakland Raiders. Should I be proud of this - in the same way that I'm proud of my children, or proud of things I've done in my life?

[/quote:2vqsn8ol][/quote:2vqsn8ol]

His responding to replies is just like Pro-Illegals do on another illegal immigration forum I'm with, where we receive counter attacks from supporters.

They can't accept the response, so they have to twist the words and throw it completely out of proportion.
    In his first reply, he couldn't respond, so he took the word "lucky" and added a whole different meaning to it.

We need to follow this @$#%!&@ and keep updated just to see how much his up coming articles match or mismatch this one.
    ------------------------

mcfarnam wrote:
    We need to follow this @$#%!&@ and keep updated just to see how much his up coming articles match or mismatch this one.
    Only problem with following accomplice Navarrette is that he'd like that you were following him. He doesn't necessarily care if people reading his column agree with him or not. I wouldn't spend time or energy following him, because I don't think he really has much influence; he's not going to change anyone's mind, not ours or the pro-amnesty crowd's -- they already agree with him! I just shouldn't even bother to read any of his articles that are posted here (I never see them other than here), because I just get irritated.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

April
    Alipac needs your Help!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1241763.html#1241763

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12