Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I dont even like the crap.There is lot of people out there legal AMERICANS that work hard all day and dont make that much.Ive been shot at for less pay.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Only 3% of illegals are picking crops and there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign pickers. What are the rest of the 97% of illegals doing?
    Oldglory, they are working in other places where Americans have done the jobs. I live outside of town now, near tons of nurseries, and we thought that when summer came, we'd be seeing hoardes of them in the fields, but no, seems there is not much work out there for them right now, neither in the berry fields nearby too (marion and raspberry fields are now done by harvesters).

So other places would be in construction, which I KNOW many Americans have held those jobs. As for field labor, they might be working in it, but not in the numbers the OBL would like us to think, no, not all of their blessed illegals come to work the fields, many of them do take jobs that were filled by Americans, and quite recently at that.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Only 3% of illegals are picking crops and there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign pickers. What are the rest of the 97% of illegals doing?
    Oldglory, they are working in other places where Americans have done the jobs. I live outside of town now, near tons of nurseries, and we thought that when summer came, we'd be seeing hoardes of them in the fields, but no, seems there is not much work out there for them right now, neither in the berry fields nearby too (marion and raspberry fields are now done by harvesters).

So other places would be in construction, which I KNOW many Americans have held those jobs. As for field labor, they might be working in it, but not in the numbers the OBL would like us to think, no, not all of their blessed illegals come to work the fields, many of them do take jobs that were filled by Americans, and quite recently at that.
    Oh I am well aware that that the other 97% of illegals are out there doing jobs that Americans have always done. What gets me is how the defenders of illegal aliens always act like they are only picking crops.

The berries around here are machine harvested? I didn't know that, except that some blueberry farms used them. Not surprising, though, since kids mainly play video games or text these days instead of working.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    CaptainRon, the berries grown on canes can be harvested by a machine now. This thing is tall and has a center opening where long tubes gently shake the bushes and the ripe berries fall off onto the crates always used, and the two or three guys working it all, just keep alternating the crates. Though, you know that blueberries and strawberries are still a hand done thing. There is not yet a machine for those, probably never will be for strawberries.

However, I am sure the few guys working these machines for each farm are probably illegal......
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12