Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rush Limbaugh: Dick Durbin - Obama's Going to Borrow Congressional Power for Amnesty?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rush Limbaugh: Dick Durbin - Obama's Going to Borrow Congressional Power for Amnesty?

Rush Limbaugh

So Dick Durbin says that Obama is gonna "borrow" the power that the House Republicans have, he's going to use it -- and then, what, give it back?

Obama's Going to "Borrow" Congressional Power for Amnesty?
    RUSH: Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) piled on. ... 'I don't know how much more time...
    rushlimbaugh.com

Obama's Going to "Borrow" Congressional Power for Amnesty?

June 27, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: "Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg's pro-amnesty FWD.us group is calling for a national 'Day of Action' on Thursday to pressure House Republicans to pass amnesty legislation." Now, somebody needs to get a hold of Zuckerberg and tell him that it isn't amnesty. His team is not to use that word. I am the only one permitted to use that word so that Chuck Schumer can go out and say that it isn't amnesty. (imitating Schumer) "Rush Limbaugh calls it amnesty and people end up believing it and then we've got big problems." But it isn't amnesty, Chuck said yesterday. That's not what we're doing. Here's Zuckerberg letting the cat out of the bag.

Zuckerberg's group wrote an e-mail to their supporters yesterday, which means their donors. "This week marks one year since the Senate passed comprehensive immigration reform--and tomorrow, we are mobilizing supporters like you to tell House Republicans we cannot wait any longer to fix our broken system. It's imperative Congress acts now and not later. That's why we're calling on reform's biggest advocates to commit to calling Congress on the Day of Action tomorrow," and get this done. Day of action for amnesty. Now, Zuckerberg, he's Harvard, he dropped out, started Facebook. He's what, 24, 25?
    My question is, and I'm asking this in all sincerity and I don't mean to be impugning him. Does this guy know anything about it? Is he fronting? Did the Chamber go to him, did the powerful Democrats go to him, "Hey, Mark, let me tell you something. You want to really make your business grow? You need to join us in amnesty." Is he seduced by the close proximity to power, or did he actually know or think he knows? I'm just asking. I don't know. (interruption) 'Cause he's spearheading this. He has put together a group and ostensibly his group consists of Democrats and Republicans and conservatives and liberals. I mean, it's the essence of bipartisan. And I just wonder if -- and again, I don't mean to be insulting here at all. If any of you have 24-year-olds, I mean, how many of 'em are out there going to war on this and leading efforts and raising money and all that?
    Now, I know your average 24-, 25-year-old does not own the biggest and did not found the biggest social media company. (interruption) Is he 30? Wow. Okay. Time flies. Just turned 30. It's just a question. I just wondered about it 'cause I know that the pro-amnesty forces are very powerful and would purposefully try to get Zuckerberg and others in social media because they think they own the youths, get the youths on board and turn it into a hip pop culture issue as well.
    Now, here at TheHill.com: "Democrats: No bluff, Obama Will Go it Alone on Immigration." So we had Josh Earnest, who told F. Chuck Todd (imitating Earnest), "Look, we're not gonna sit around and wait for Congress to write a bunch of laws. If they don't do it, we're gonna do it ourselves."
    And now from TheHill.com: "The Obama administration is 'not bluffing' in its intent to take executive action on immigration policy if House Republicans don't act soon, top Democratic leaders warned Thursday. ... 'We're at the end of the line,' Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) said Thursday during a press briefing in the Capitol. 'We're not bluffing by setting a legislative deadline for them to act. Their first job is to govern, and in the absence of governing, then you see executive actions.' Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) piled on. ... 'I don't know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today. And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration.'"
    Borrow the power that is needed. So Obama is gonna borrow the power that the House Republicans have, he's going to use it, and then, what, give it back? (imitating Obama) "By the way, John, here's your power back. I used it, uh, for amnesty, and we got it done, and now I'm giving your power back." Is that how it works? Listen to these arrogant people urging the president of the United States to just go over their heads, too, even though they have passed a bill. Look how eager they are for the executive. This is just further evidence they're all-in for statism. They're all-in for this kind of authoritarian pretend dictatorial kind of power.
    Folks, there really needs to be some serious push-back against these consistent threats because that's all these people are doing is threatening every other day. Some of these people need to be put on notice that there will be impeachment proceedings of some of these underlings if this kind of wanton disregard for the Constitution continues. And Obama should be put on notice, too, you don't want to go there. You do not want to just do immigration reform with an executive order that is not gonna stand. But nobody's saying that.
    "The remarks come a day after Boehner announced his intent to push legislation allowing the House to sue Obama for what the Republicans say is a habitual inclination to overstep his constitutional authority." There isn't gonna be any lawsuit. You know why there isn't gonna be a lawsuit? There isn't a court that will take it. There's no court that'll take it. There's no prosecutor that'll take it. Eric Holder runs this system, it's not gonna happen. It would have to go all the way up to the Supreme Court. There's nobody that's gonna take it. Boehner doesn't have standing and Boehner knows it. Filing the lawsuit is supposed to constitute push-back.
    There isn't going to be any lawsuit, no matter how desirous Boehner actually might be for one. Obama runs the court system with Eric Holder. There isn't going to be any lawsuit taken up. So the filing of the suit is supposed to tell us that the Republicans are getting serious. That is as in-your-face as it's gonna get.
    "Sen. Charles Schumer (NY), the third-ranking Democrat in the upper chamber, said Boehner and other Republican critics of Obama's executive actions have 'a very good antidote' for their fears: 'Put a bill on the floor.'" If you don't like him violating the Constitution, then give him what he wants. It's kind of like Peter Beinart saying if you don't like the way the country's changing, then you better join us or it's gonna change even faster.
    So here's Chuck-U at the same press conference where he mentioned my name and criticized me for calling it amnesty, then said (imitating Schumer), "Look, John," meaning to Boehner, "There's a very, very good antidote to Obama doing executive action, and that is put a bill on the floor that does what Obama's gonna do. Join us, John, and then we don't have to violate the Constitution."
    And then listen to this. Schumer said, "If they don't bring any bill to the floor, the president has no choice -- on a humanitarian basis and on a policy basis -- to act where he can on his own." Now, in case anybody doubted that this current flood of illegal alien children was not orchestrated by the White House and the Democrats in order to ram through amnesty one way or the other, you should now know that that's exactly what happened, because they're out there making a big push on it.
    And I must admit here, Snerdley has a point. Obama has lost 23 points in a year in approval from Hispanic votes. The Senators, these guys are scared to death, Thad Cochran notwithstanding. They know the truth of what happened in Mississippi. They know the only way they were able to keep old Thad in office was to replicate something that is never going to happen in real life during a real election. They're never gonna get 9% of black votes for a Republican. They're never gonna get that happening in a general election.
    Here's the thing about this. Schumer and these Democrats are salivating and have been for years over amnesty. You know it and I know it. They have run the Senate for all these years, but they haven't run the House, and this election is shaping up to be an absolute landslide debacle for the Democrats, precisely because of them and Obama. And that's why they are impugning and ripping the Tea Party every day. It is why they did what they did to keep old Thad in office. It's why they're worried about what happened to Eric Cantor.
    And it's now why they are converting this unaccompanied children influx at the border to a humanitarian and compassion issue. Why, if these mean Republicans don't care enough about the children, the president must act on humanitarian ways alone, they're saying. It's not even the Constitution that matters here. It's the children. These poor children, my God, we just can't leave them alone in the desert like this for humanitarian reasons alone.
    What it's really all about is getting this done before the election, because if they don't get it done before the election, not only is it not gonna get done via a constitutional process, these Democrats are not gonna be running their committees anymore, because they are going to lose the Senate. So there's a full-court press on this. And then Pelosi is going to the Southern border and she's going to meet some of these arriving children and be the face of America and the face of the Democrat Party.
    (imitating Pelosi) "Hi, boys and girls. I'm Nancy Pelosi, and I'm your nanny. I represent the political party that's going to provide you everything you ever want once you establish residence here in the country, which should be in about 20 minutes after I leave here and sign the papers." And Pelosi, before leaving on this trip to meet with the children -- she's gonna go to south Texas. She's gonna be at a detention center in south Texas -- she said, echoing Chuck-U Schumer, "The humanitarian crisis unfolding across our nation's Southern border demands Congress come together and find thoughtful, compassionate, bipartisan solutions. We must ensure our laws are fully enforced."
    What a crock. You live to break them, particularly immigration laws. There isn't one immigration law that matters that's being upheld as it should be. (imitating Pelosi) "We must ensure that our laws are fully enforced so that due process is provided to unaccompanied children and the safety and well-being of unaccompanied children is protected. We must also work to address the root cause of the problem, which is the Republican Party." And so Schumer, Pelosi, humanitarian cause, they're setting up Obama's executive action on that basis right now. Gotta do it before the election or their opportunity, they think, is gone.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Back to this cheat sheet business. Here are some of the bits of advice on the cheat sheet, and they're all printed in Spanish. And some of the statements in Spanish on these cheat sheets, "Why did you abandon your country?" These are a heads up. These are questions you're gonna be asked, and the answers are given.
    • Why did you abandon your country?
    • Because of poverty and misery.
    • You're in fear of your government and afraid to live in your country.
    • You're afraid of extortion from Maras [MS-13 gang].
    • Do you have family in the United States?
    • Is this the first time you've come into this country?
    • Did you swim across the river?
    • Somebody told you that if you brought a minor child into the United States you can stay.
    Those are some of the things that they are coached to say in order to stay. So there's an ongoing effort to get these people, these young unaccompanied children and every other illegal immigrant, to stay in the country. There's no effort being made, serious effort to deport them, to send them home. And now Democrats Chuck Schumer and Pelosi are on the humanitarian mission that we all have to legalize as many of these people and make them full-fledged citizens as soon as possible. This is the impetus now that has taken on.
    Get this. "New York City has created what advocates say is the nation's first system of public defenders for poor immigrants facing deportation. The New York Immigrant Family Unity Project will cover all eligible immigrant city residents detained in the system and appearing in immigration courts in New York City or the New Jersey cities of Elizabeth and Newark. Lawmakers approved $4.9 million for the initiative as part of the $75 billion budget passed early Thursday for the fiscal year which starts July 1."
    So there is now a government-created agency that pays New York lawyers to represent, as public defenders, illegal immigrants so that they can stay in New York. There's no effort otherwise.
    Bloomberg News: "New York City's 500,000 undocumented immigrants will be able to open bank accounts, visit libraries and use medical clinics, thanks to an official municipal identification card approved by the City Council." They're already doing it in New York, ID cards for undocumented immigrants. They can open bank accounts, visit libraries, use medical clinics. They don't have any money.
    "The measure, backed by Mayor Bill de Blasio, passed in a 43 to 3 vote today with two abstentions. The photo IDs will display the holder's name, birth date, address and -- at the cardholder's option -- a self-designated gender. 'It sends a simple and clear message that we are a city that believes in including everyone,' Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito said before the vote. 'We don't accept that some people can be left out because of their immigration status, how they identify their gender or whether they may be homeless.'"
    So in a city where 40% of the residents were born outside the US, it's clear what's happening here. A bunch of politicians are trying to gain political support and backing from undocumented newcomers who will soon be able to vote by providing them all of these benefits. There are programs to help them lease apartments, apply for school or city services. And it's in the city budget. Undocumented, 500,000 undocumented immigrants will be able to open bank accounts, visit libraries, use medical clinics thanks to an official municipal identification card.
    Now, apparently it's okay for these people to have a photo ID card. But we can't have certain other minorities have a photo ID card to vote, no way on that, but it's clearly okay in this circumstance.
    And we're not through. "Long Island Facility Eyed to House Influx of Immigrant Children -- A Long Island facility is being eyed as possible temporary housing for some of the thousands of children streaming over the US-Mexico border without guardians. The federal government is considering using Peregrine Business Park at 15 Grumman Road, a former Grumman Corp. facility in Bethpage, according to Newsday. It's one of five New York facilities that the government has examined, the paper said.
    "Rep. Steve Israel, a Democrat representing Huntington, said 'it is not a viable solution to simply place unaccompanied children from Central America in temporary shelters.'" But we have a home for 'em here and we're gonna welcome them in to Bethpage. Sanctuary cities. Liberal Democrats. Amnesty is essentially already happening, folks.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Let me posit something, see what you would think of this. Would it be a stretch to say that what we are witnessing on the border is pretty close to a shakedown? Look at what's happened, look at what we've learned today. Look at what's going on in New York and New Jersey alone that involves the unaccompanied children crossing the border. There are already transportation systems. The jobs were offered in January at a posting on a government website January 29th. There were already transportation systems in place to take some of these kids to who knows where in the country.
    We know that one of the setups is on Long Island in Bethpage. We know that in New York City, illegals, children and otherwise, are being given ID cards with access to services and schools and medical treatment, and whatever else they need. They're being given official IDs. This is happening in Newark and other cities in New Jersey and probably in a lot of other cities.
    So could we say that with this massive influx, which again, because of the posting of job availability back in January -- let me refresh your memory. There was a posting on a government website on January 29th seeking transportation companies and logistics services providers to handle an upcoming influx or arrival of 65,000 immigrant children. It was on a government website back in January. Now it's happening. Now there are people in place accepting them and transporting them in part to New York and New Jersey and who knows wherever else.
    So it looks like essentially Obama is basically telling Congress, "Go ahead. You approve amnesty or I'm just gonna invite every person from Mexico to Argentina to El Salvador here to this country. I'm gonna shelter 'em. I'm gonna feed them. We're gonna house them on your tax dollar, and there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop me. There isn't a damn thing you can do to stop it." In fact, nobody is trying to stop it. It's just the exact opposite.
    You couple this with Josh Earnest telling F. Chuck Todd (paraphrasing), "Look, we're not gonna wait around forever for Congress to write a law. If they don't, we're just gonna go ahead and do it." Ditto Chuck Schumer, ditto Nancy Pelosi, who's down there welcoming them, greeting them. What else could you say? I mean, the public face of Obama, "Do not stay. Do not come," blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. That is for domestic public consumption. But take a look at what's really happening.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: You know, I remember Ronaldus Magnus. I remember so much about Reagan, and I remember so many ways that he was mischaracterized in things that he said. But one of the things that he always said, and I'm bouncing off of our last caller here, and I know many of you were nodding your heads or pounding the dashboard in agreement with what she was saying. I know it feels like we've all of a sudden become the inmates in an asylum, except we're not crazy, everybody else is. The people running it are the ones that need to be committed, but somehow we ended up in the straitjackets.
    Ronald Reagan always said of the Soviet Union that it would implode on its own at some point in history, some point in the future, simply on the basis of its own immorality. Now, that didn't mean he just sat around and waited for it to happen. He had to give it a push, tried any number of ways, but Reagan was the only one who ever did. Everybody else wanted to tolerate them, accommodate them, appease them, and some Americans even envied them, as perverted as that was.
    It used to be, probably when you were growing up, same time I was growing up, it used to be that evil eventually got its due, that liars and cheats and scumbags eventually got caught up with, and the truth will out, and that goodness and righteousness will prevail and all of that. If you were brought up believing that, you're probably questioning it. "Well, yeah, okay, all I'm seeing is that the reprobates and the liars and the cheats and the hypocrites and the destructors are succeeding and triumphing precisely because they pay no attention to the law and there's nobody enforcing the law. So the rule of law doesn't matter, and that's the glue that holds free societies together, and it seems that the glue is gone."
    And so you wonder, is everything you grew up believing really not true? Is the natural order of things for evil to triumph? And is the natural order of things, is life a constant battle against the triumph of evil? And it is. Now, if nothing happens, I can guarantee you that New York is going to implode on itself at some point. I don't know when, but this cannot continue. All of these people that they are importing that are not productive, that can't work because they can't do anything, that can't speak the language, at some point even New Yorkers are gonna get fed up at having more and more of whatever income they have taken to support it.
    I don't know when, I don't know how long it's gonna take. But that is just common sense. Because these elitist liberals who think they're being better and bigger than everybody by associating, accommodating, and absorbing all of this, once it starts to impact them, they're able to insulate themselves. They're able to force all of this misery on everybody else and insulate themselves. Washington is insulated from all this.
    You go to Washington and you do find a shining city on a hill. You find unemployment at 2%. You find everybody doing well. You find vast amounts of high wages, high salary, income, everybody's working, everybody's happy, going out and having dinner and cocktails. But that's not the way it is for everybody else that has to live on the crap that comes out of that town. So Washington is never gonna be impacted by this. But some cities are.
    At some point all of this is gonna implode. But if you just sit around and wait for that it means the country's gonna go with it. I don't pretend to have the answer. Well, I have the answer. I don't know how to effect it. The answer is what you and I believe. The answer is a return to the principles of the nation's founding. The answer is go back to whatever it is that made this country the greatest place on earth for human beings. But we're up against people that have no interest in that 'cause they resent it or hate it 'cause they didn't think they were included in it or whatever nonsense.
    In the meantime, it's painful to watch what happens, and everybody becomes self-focused, trying to protect themselves from all of this happening to them. A sense of community sometimes evaporates. I always thought that it would never get this far. I thought people would erupt and resist and protest long before we got to this degree of disintegration.
    END TRANSCRIPT
    Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...er_for_amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Coup d'état

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For other uses, see Coup d'état (disambiguation).

"Coup" and "Putsch" redirect here. For other uses, see Coup (disambiguation).

A coup d'état (/ˌkdˈtɑː/; French: blow of state; plural: coups d'état audio (help·info)), also known as a coup, a putsch, or an overthrow, is the sudden and illegal seizure of a government,[1][2][3][4] usually instigated by a small group of the existing state establishment to depose the established government and replace it with a new ruling body, civil or military. A coup d'état is considered successful when the usurpers establish their dominance. When the coup neither fails completely nor succeeds, a civil war is a likely consequence.

A coup d'état typically uses the extant government's power to assume political control of the country. In Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook, military historian Edward Luttwak states that "[a] coup consists of the infiltration of a small, but critical, segment of the state apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder." The armed forces, whether military or paramilitary, can be a defining factor of a coup d'état.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d%27%C3%A9tat
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Herman Cain

Every American should be terrified when a sitting Senator isn't bothered by the idea that the President is going to "borrow power" he doesn't have...

Sen. Dick Durbin: Obama will 'borrow' the power to unilaterally act on immigration

Because "borrowing power" is apparently in the Constitution somewhere...

caintv.com

Politics: Sen. Dick Durbin: Obama will 'borrow' the power to unilaterally act on immigration

Image Credit: Durbs

Published by: Robert Laurie on Monday June 30th, 2014

Because "borrowing power" is apparently in the Constitution somewhere...
    If you haven't read the Constitution in a while, you might not be aware of the 28th Amendment. No one proposed it, it was never debated, and no one ratified it but - if Dick Durbin is to be believed - it exists all the same. According to the Senator, the President now has the magical ability to "borrow" powers he doesn't have.
    It's a left-wing fever dream that goes something like this:
    "In the event that Congress gets all uppity and refuses to pass legislation demanded by the President, the President shall have the authority to borrow such powers necessary to enact that legislation anyway."
    Impressive stuff, right? It basically turns your President into a dictator, by granting him the ability to do whatever he wants, even if it's not authorized by Congress. Dems love it, because it's going to make it so much easier for Barack Obama to grant illegals some kind of blanket amnesty!
    From The Hill:
    Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) piled on. Noting that a year has passed since the Senate passed a sweeping immigration reform bill with broad bipartisan support, he urged House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to bring a similar bill to the floor.
    "I don't know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today," Durbin said. "And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration."
    The remarks come a day after Boehner announced his intent to push legislation allowing the House to sue Obama for what the Republicans say is a habitual inclination to overstep his constitutional authority.
    Yes, Senator Durbin is actually fighting for the President's ability to act unilaterally, without legal authority, and against the wishes of both Congress and the American people. By claiming that the President can simply "borrow powers" that don't exist, we're witnessing Durbin's bizarro-world attempt at a coronation. After all, if he's willing to fight for the idea that Obama can violate the law on a whim, what's to say we need those pesky elections anymore? Why bother with all the hub-bub?
    If the law no longer matters, Obama can just "borrow the power" to stay in office or, if he's bored with being President, he can simply "borrow the power" to appoint a successor. When people demand that he return the power he's "borrowed," he could just "borrow the power" to keep it.
    Borrowing power sounds like lots of fun, and we're sure that - next time we have a Republican in the White House - Democrats will remember this moment and fight for the GOP's right to "borrow power" the same way.
    What's really funny about Durbin's attitude is that it's exactly what Boehner's lawsuit is fighting to stop. In other words, by announcing the President's plan to overstep his Constitutional boundaries, he's proven the validity of Boehner's legal action.

Video of Durbin's comments appears below. Be sure to "like" Robert Laurie over on Facebook and follow him on Twitter. You'll be glad you did.

Video at the page link:

http://www.caintv.com/dick-durbin-obama-will-borrow