Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rush Limbaugh: Drive-Bys Bury Record-Low Obama Approval Ratings in Their Own Polls

Rush Limbaugh shared a link.

Drive-Bys Bury Record-Low Obama Approval Ratings in Their Own Polls, Furiously Spin to Excuse...
    RUSH: CBS News, AP both have polls showing Obama at record lows, as did...
    rushlimbaugh.com

Drive-Bys Bury Record-Low Obama Approval Ratings in Their Own Polls, Furiously Spin to Excuse Obama and Promote Democrats

August 07, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Yesterday it was NBC News and the Wall Street Journal. Today it's CBS and the New York Times. In their poll Obama is at 41%. They are burying it just exactly as NBC News did yesterday. The only thing they are finding newsworthy in the poll is -- well, listen to Charlie Rose on CBS This Morning describe it.
    ROSE: More on the crisis at the Mexican border. A CBS News poll out this morning finds 50% of Americans think children crossing into the US illegally should be sent back to their home countries. Forty-three percent believe those children should be allowed to stay, while waiting for an immigration hearing.

RUSH: That was it. The fact that Obama's at 41%, scant mention. But they had to mention that the CBS News poll out today, 50% of Americans think children crossing the border illegally should be sent back home, which means that 50% of Americans are racist. This is probably going to be translated that 50% of Americans are Tea Party racists and superiorists and so forth. And I have a thought on all this when we get to the Joe Biden sound bite on this.
    Now, the numbers in the CBS poll: 29% of Americans have a favorable -- This is the lead of the CBS poll where Obama is at 41%, okay? "Americans' views of both political parties are negative and nearly match historic lows, a new CBS News poll reveals. Just 29 percent of Americans have a favorable view of the Republican Party, down four points from May and just one point above the lowest favorability rating for that party recorded in this poll (in June, 2009). While more - 41 percent - have a positive impression of the Democratic Party, this percentage is also just one point above the all-time low for the Democratic Party, reached in November 1994."
    Then you get to the next page and you find a heading: "Obama's Job Performance --
    President Obama's approval ratings on other key issues remain more negative than positive. Forty percent of Americans approve and 54 percent disapprove --" I'm sorry. It's not 41, it's 40. Forty percent approve of Obama. It's identical to what it is in the NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. But it's just the way this is worded. It's not even newsworthy.
    "President Obama's approval ratings on other key issues remain more negative than positive. Forty percent of Americans approve and 54 percent disapprove of how Mr. Obama is handling the economy." I guess overall it is 41%. That's it, folks. I mean that's the sum total of it.
    Then there is AP: "With US Aimed the Wrong Way, Most Want New Leaders." So here we have CBS today, which does the same thing that NBC did yesterday. We spent a lot of time yesterday talking about how the recent NBC News poll was spun to emphasize Congress' low approval ratings and everything else rather than report on Obama's record low numbers. And today we have more of the same from the AP. In fact, the AP doesn't even mention Obama's name until the 13th paragraph, and even then they only mention it to say that Congress' approval rating is even lower than Obama's.

This is the way this story begins, AP poll, Jennifer Agiesta. "Congress has checked out, and the American people have noticed. Three-quarters of Americans doubt the federal government will address the important problems facing the country this year, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. All told, only 28 percent of Americans think the nation is heading in the right direction, the lowest level in August of an election year since 2008. It’s about on par with 2006, when Democrats took control --"
    This is uncanny! It's on par with 2006 when the Democrats took control. The fact is the Democrats are gonna lose the Senate. It may be a wave election and AP has a poll in which all they can report is how bad Congress is perceived, which is nothing new. Congress is always hated. There's a poll out, I didn't even bother to mention this because this is every year. There's a poll out about how people hate Congress, but 90% of 'em are gonna reelect their own guy. Or maybe not 90, but well over 50 are gonna reelect their own guy. It's the way it's always been.
    Low approval numbers for Congress don't mean "Jack diddly." Whoa, I'm glad I said diddly, 'cause I was really close there, folks. I really was. I've never said "Jack diddly" before. I mean, I've said "diddly-squat," but I have never said "Jack diddly." I don't know "Jack diddly." Whew.
    I mean, I'm worked up about this. I know it's the media. But this is outrageous. Journalistic malpractice, what have you. I mean here we have AP reporting on a poll where Obama's at a record low in their poll. They don't mention it. They kind of sneak it in the 13th paragraph. Even then it's only in reference to how bad Congress is doing which is no big shakes. And then they have to say that the polling data shaking up this year with the anger at Washington is reminiscent of 2006 when the Democrats took control of the House, which they're going to not do this year, and they're going to lose the Senate.
    "Congress has checked out, and the American people have noticed. ... Only 28 percent of Americans think the nation is heading in the right direction, the lowest level," blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. "This time around, it’s not clear whether either party will benefit from the disaffection." Oh, really? It's a complete mystery which party will do better in the midterms this time around? They don't have a clue at AP? "This time around, it’s not clear whether either party will benefit from the disaffection."
    So there you have it. CBS News, AP both have polls showing Obama at record lows, as did NBC and the Wall Street Journal yesterday. And they shape the reporting of the poll to tell their readers and viewers just how much people hate Congress and just how low the Republicans are. And in fact AP says, "We may be looking at a replay of 2006 when the Democrats took control of the House." There's nobody predicting that!

So let's stick with the audio sound bites. Let's go to John King last night, CNN. CNN wants to get in on this. Obviously the editors at CNN have seen NBC protect Obama. They saw AP last night when their story posted protecting Obama. And CNN said, "You know what, we gotta get in on this. I mean, we can't be left out." You've got to hear this. This is Wolf Blitzer last night, The Situation Room, talking to ace correspondent John King about the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll on these major issues. Blitzer said, "Hey, you know, there's not a whole lot of satisfaction out there, John, among the American people." Now, get this, my good friends.
    KING: He's essentially in quicksand right now politically. I'm not blaming the president for this. It's a complicated world and it's not all his fault, but when people look around the world and then look at home, there's not much to cheer about right now and we have one president at a time. He's paying the price. They're looking for success. They're looking for results. This is not all the president's fault, again, but remember he ran promising Washington would work. He was going to change Washington. It doesn't work. He ran saying George W. Bush had messed up alliances around the world. He was going to fix them and they were going to work. They're not working. So in some ways, the poll numbers, the people who voted for him, now disappointed in the performance.
    RUSH: Yeah. But it's not his fault, no, no, no, it's not. Do you ever remember hearing that? When George Bush was at 39% did Wolf Blitzer say, "But it's not his fault. There's so much falling apart all over the world, but it's not his fault. He's really trying hard doing everything he can. He's not doing what he said he was gonna do when he campaigned, but it isn't his fault." Do we ever remember hearing that?
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...mote_democrats
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rush Limbaugh

Barack Obama hits a record low in their poll, 40%, and F. Chuck Todd and NBC News report that people are just mad at "Washington" and they're mad at Republicans, and they're mad at Republicans for talking about impeaching Obama.

Limbaugh Theorem! NBC Ignores Obama's All-Time Approval Low in Their Own Poll
    RUSH: Back when Wolf Blitzer was breathlessly orgasming over the low approval number of George...
    rushlimbaugh.com

Limbaugh Theorem! NBC Ignores Obama's All-Time Approval Low in Their Own Poll

August 06, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: You've got the NBC poll. "On Tuesday," yesterday, "the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that President Obama's popularity reached its lowest point since he first took office in 2009. Overall, 54% of Americans disapprove of the job the president is doing compared to the just 40% who approve."
    At Gallup, Obama is still at 39% approval. In the NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, he’s at 54% disapproval -- and when you get to immigration, it's even higher. But despite these low numbers, NBC Nightly News failed to cover its own results during the Tuesday night NBC Nightly News. This poll "also found that a strong majority of the Americans, 60%, disapprove of Obama's handling of foreign policy.

"Only 36% approve of the way Obama is handling foreign policy. The same poll found that "33% of Americans have very negative feelings towards Obama, which ties the record high in this poll from December of 2013," and instead of covering this, the anchor for the NBC Nightly News, Brian Williams, spent 40 seconds promoting a video of a Norwegian mother trying to get her two-year-old son to go to bed on a hot summer night. Let's go to the audio sound bites.

We have the Today show today, the chief White House correspondent F. Chuck Todd joining the correspondent Carson Daley "live in the Orange Room Digital Space," whatever that is. They're talking about the new NBC News poll on Obama's job approval. You will not hear F. Chuck Todd mention it. F. Chuck reports on the poll on that shows Obama at a new low, but he doesn't mention it. He says the public's "angry at Washington," and furthermore all the Republicans want to do is impeach Obama.
    TODD: (bouncy music) It's not just an angry public. It's not just a frustrated public at Washington. It's almost an exasperated public. We used this poll to try to understand how hard was it to dig out of the Great Recession, and these people are angry, and they are fed up with Washington and throwing up their hands.
    RUSH: Limbaugh Theorem is on display in spades here. What is the Limbaugh Theorem? The Limbaugh Theorem explains how it is that Obama escapes blame, how it is that Obama escapes accountability for anything happening as a result of his policies and his presidency. The way he does it is to act like he's not really governing. Somebody else is doing that. Somebody else is causing these problems. He's outside Washington!
    He is at campaign-style appearances, and he's complaining and whining and moaning about the same thing people in the poll are. He's complaining about Washington and how you can't get anything done there, and how nothing gets done there, and how nobody will work with him and it's full of hate and all this. Therefore, these stupid idiots that he gets to sit behind him in these public appearances applaud all of this.
    In that way, Obama is able to create this impression that he's got nothing to do with what's going on. Now F. Chuck Todd takes a 54% disapproval rating for Obama and translates that into people hate "Washington." They're fed up with "Washington," they're fed up with the Republicans, they're fed up with the recession. Never once mentioning Obama! This is how the Limbaugh Theorem is using each and every day, not only by Obama, but by the Drive-Bys in order to insulate and protect Obama.
    So Carson Daley, after that sound bite from F. Chuck, said, "Well, let's break it down into parties, Chuck. We'll start with the Democrats. What was the word cloud to represent..." Now, this... What they do is they have this graphic, and they create a cloud or series of clouds to illustrate how often words are used, and the more often a word is used, the bigger that cloud is on their graphic. Because, you see, everybody's stuff is in the Cloud now, so they do these word clouds. So Carson Daley is saying, "Okay, Chuck, we'll start with the Democrats. What was the word cloud to represent that?"

TODD: This is what Democrats, most Democrats said they would put on their sign. They said a lot of things, but the biggest thing: "Do your job, Congress. Stop Republicans. Focus on our own country." That has to do with foreign policy. Check out what Republicans would put on their sign. The biggest thing: "Enforce immigration laws" and then "impeach Obama." So the whole idea of impeachment --
    DALEY: (grumbling)
    TODD: -- is something Republicans are talking about.
    RUSH: They are not! The Republicans are not talking about it. It's an outright lie. The Republicans are not. They're going out of their way not to talk about it. They've "taken it off the table;" they're so not talking about it. This is not the news, folks. This is not journalism, and they're not even reporting what's in their poll. They are misrepresenting it. The anger at Obama has been assigned to anger at "Washington," and anger at Republicans. They're angry at the Republicans. Yeah, you have the Republicans. Stop the Republicans!
    That's what their poll said? A 40% approval rating for Obama is translated into, "Stop the Republicans"?
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Look, I'm not gonna play it again because I've played it I don't know how many times, but you remember the Wolf Blitzer orgasm when George Bush's approval numbers hit the thirties. It led the CNN News cast every hour for five hours in a row, and we put together a montage illustrating it. Bush's low approval numbers, do you ever remember them being reported as reflecting poorly on "Washington" or the Democrats?

Did Wolf Blitzer say, when reporting George W. Bush's approval number of whatever it was, 38% -- and breathlessly doing so -- also point out that their polls showed that meant people were just ticked off at "Washington" and ticked off at the Democrats? No. Of course not! That's exactly what NBC News is doing. Barack Obama hits a record low in their poll, 40%. And F. Chuck Todd and NBC News report that people are just mad at "Washington" and they're mad at Republicans, and they're mad at Republicans for talking about impeaching Obama.
    Back when Wolf Blitzer was breathlessly orgasming over the low approval number of George W. Bush, did they ever talk about how the Democrats were trying to impeach George W. Bush? No! Even though they did. They actually did! Kucinich presented the articles of impeachment. Sheila Jackson Lee forgot she signed on to 'em. She did. It's... (chuckles) Seventy-six percent of Americans think their kids' lives will be worse. That's also in this poll.
    Of course, that means people are upset at "Washington" and the Republicans.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...their_own_poll
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rush Limbaugh

This man got elected promising to get every evidence of any American presence out of there, and he did. And when he did, he very proudly proclaimed it. And now he's blaming the Iraqis and Bush for what he did.

Obama's Boldfaced Lie: It Wasn't My Idea to Leave Iraq

August 11, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Now that we've had to go back in it's insult to injury with the way Obama's explaining this. Let's go to sound bite seven. This is Saturday morning at the White House. The president's speaking about the Iraq air strikes before getting on the helicopter to fly to Martha's Vineyard. Oh, yeah, and the media is all hot to trot about that. (imitating media) "Oh, wow, it's so cool. Barry's going to the Vineyard. Yeah, we get to go to the Vineyard, think we'll see Skip Gates? Wow, how cool, you think we'll see Larry David? Man, we get to go to the Vineyard. Obama's going to the Vineyard. You think we'll run into William Styron? Wait. He died. What about his wife? Think we'll run into William Styron's wife? Oh, man, cool.
    "Do you think we'll run into Dershowitz? Dershowitz hangs out there. Wow, this is cool. Barry's going to the Vineyard. He's gotta make a speech first on Iraq. After he finishes that, then we get on the helicopter with him or Air Force, we go to the Vineyard, yeah, man. We're going to the Vineyard, 'cause Obama's going to the Vineyard. Man, it's cool." Yeah, ticks me off. This is nothing but a bunch of frat boys. Hell, I wouldn't even give 'em that credit. Anyway, here's Obama before getting on board Marine One and heading off to the Vineyard.
    OBAMA: What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue keeps on coming up, as if this was --

RUSH: Wait just a second. Stop that a second. My bad. He's answering a question here and I should have read the question. Here's the question he was asked by a reporter who couldn't wait to get to the Vineyard with him. "Mr. President, do you have any second thoughts about pulling out all ground troops from Iraq?" Key question. Do you have any second thoughts about pulling all ground troops out of Iraq, because -- hint, hint -- he did.
    Folks, he got elected in large part because of that promise, because by the time he was elected the American people had been talked into hating everything about Iraq. And getting us out of Iraq was gonna restore us as a whole nation, and we could party again, and we could get down, and we could get back to living as we did without the body counts and George Bush and Cheney and the news every day that America could be loved. It was key and Obama was gonna do it, and he promised to do it. And close Gitmo, too. All of this stuff. "So, Mr. President, do you have any second thoughts about pulling all ground troops out of Iraq, and does it give you pause as the US is doing the same thing in Afghanistan?"
    OBAMA: What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue keeps on coming up, as if this was my decision. Under the previous administration we had turned over the country to a sovereign, Democratically elected Iraqi government. When you hear people say, "Do you regret, Mr. President, not leaving more troops?" that presupposes that I would have overwritten this sovereign government that we had turned the keys back over.
    RUSH: You hated 'em!
    OBAMA: And said, "You know what, you're democratic, you're sovereign, except if I decide that it's good for you to keep 10,000 or 15,000 or a 25,000 Marines in your country, you don't have a choice."

RUSH: He stood right there, that's on the White House lawn, he lied in front of God and the country and the world saying that (imitating Obama), "Well, you know what, everybody acts like it's my decision to pull out of Iraq, uh, you know, there's a sovereign government." You hated the sovereign the government. You hated Maliki. You hated -- who's the other guy they hated? They all hated this other guy, preceded Maliki. I'm having a mental block. I'll think of his name. Cheney's buddy. Can't remember his name. Mental block. He was trying to take over Iraq or become its president before Maliki slithered in there.
    Anyway, so he says we had to get out because Iraq made us. We've had this back and forth on the Status of Forces Agreement I don't know how many times, and Obama hasn't found the truth on this yet. Let's go back, here he is again, same Saturday morning, repeating this lie.
    OBAMA: So let's just be clear. The reason that we did not have a follow-on force in Iraq was because the Iraqis were -- a majority of Iraqis did not want US troops there, and politically they could not pass the kind of laws that would be required to protect our troops in Iraq. That entire analysis is bogus and is wrong, but gets frequently peddled around here by folks who oftentimes are trying to defend previous policies that they themselves made.
    RUSH: This is just psycho-something. Still blaming Bush. This man got elected promising to get every evidence of any American presence out of there, and he did. And when he did, he very proudly proclaimed it. And now he's blaming the Iraqis and Bush for what he did. I can understand it. It's worked for him for five years. Why stop now? Nobody's gonna defend the Iraqis, and there aren't too many people that are gonna defend Bush. So if people still blame Bush for the economy, let's go ahead and blame Bush for this. Yeah, Bush screwed up. Yeah, that's exactly right. The Iraqis, they so hated America, they didn't want any American troop presence, and they wouldn't agree to us in a Status of Forces Agreement.
    Let's just play one of many sound bites that I can play for you of Obama bragging about getting out of Iraq single-handedly, forecasting that he was gonna get out of Iraq single-handedly, promising he was gonna get out of Iraqi single-handedly, sound bites of him bragging about it. But here, let's go to Boca Raton, Florida, October 22nd, 2012, the third presidential debate between Obama and Mitt Romney. This goes by kind of quickly, 14 seconds.
    ROMNEY: You and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a Status of Forces Agreement.
    OBAMA: That's not true!
    ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't? You didn't want a Status of Forces Agreement?
    OBAMA: No. What I -- what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down!
    RUSH: See?
    OBAMA: That certainly would not help us in the Middle East!
    RUSH: He's running for reelection in 2012 and he's gotta tell this deranged base of his that he got us out of there. There weren't gonna be any remaining American troops. Not 10,000, not 2,000, not 1,000. No Status of Forces agreement 'cause there weren't gonna be any troops, and he's making this point running for reelection 'cause his base is out there and they've got to hear it.
    They've got to hear we're totally out of Iraq; they've got to hear we're not going back. This Iraq business is as fundamental to Obama as tax cuts is to a conservative candidate. He's got no wiggle room. You can't do a George H. W. Bush and say, "Read my lips." He's got to stick to it. Even in this debate, "No, I would not have done it. I wouldn't have left 10,000 troops." Now he's blaming it on everybody else, but he was taking credit for it there in the debate, taking credit for leaving no troops there.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: The name I was trying to think of was Ahmed Chalabi. Ahmed Chalabi. He goes way back as one of the early allies -- well, quote/unquote. Ally's a strong word. But back in the early 2000s he was one of the potential future Iraq leaders who would happily be allied with the United States. He never was. He ended up being corrupt like everybody else over there is, and it didn't work out.
    But, ladies and gentlemen, let me go back to this business of Obama. We talked about this last week. How do you deal with this, when somebody's lying right to your face and you want so desperately to demonstrate that other people? I think the best thing I could do is this. I sandwiched two stories here. The first one is from the Cybercast News Service but this story is everywhere.

"Obama: Pulling All Troops Out of Iraq was Not My Decision." (snorts) He got elected promising to do it; he got reelected affirming that he did it. He has sought credit for this every which way but Sunday, and now all of a sudden it's Bush's problem, and he also says, well, he couldn't get the Iraqis to guarantee security for American troops. That's what he just told Romney.
    He said, "What I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East." Romney said, "You and I agreed there should have been a Status of Forces agreement," and Obama did say that but he couldn't let Romney get away with it because that would have meant Obama agreeing with some troops staying, and Obama's base would not tolerate even a uniform staying.
    So he had to tell Romney he was wrong. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! I never signed on for a Status of Forces Agreement! Never, never, never! I would never leave 10,000 troops! Never." New York Times, June 23rd this year, a little over a month ago. "Diplomatic Note Promises Immunity From Iraqi Law for US Advisory Troops." Now, what this Status of Forces Agreement really is...
    What Obama's trying to say is, "I'm not gonna leave American troops over there if they aren't granted immunity from Iraqi law." Meaning: "I don't want our troops charged with war crimes or whatever trumped-up phoniness unless the Iraqis give us immunity in the status of forces agreement." Well, the New York Times ran a story a little over a month ago that says the Iraqis did indeed promise immunity; Obama rejected it.
    The reason is: Obama didn't want Bush's war in Iraq to have resulted in a stable democracy there.
    This wasn't supposed to happen, either, but Iraq was never supposed to be secure. That's why Obama didn't want to leave any troops there, so he used this phony Status of Forces Agreement. But the Iraqis did promise immunity, and the New York Times reported that in June of this year. Obama's just making it up or lying about it. I don't know how to say this. But he didn't want a stable Iraq because he couldn't afford for anything Bush did to look like it worked.
    Ergo, "Bush is responsible for this," is how it all flows together.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._to_leave_iraq