Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rush Limbaugh: Nothing Makes Sense - GOP Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rush Limbaugh: Nothing Makes Sense - GOP Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Rush Limbaugh

It's so indicative of the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder that they have.

Nothing Makes Sense
    RUSH: What the House Republicans are doing vis-a-vis suing Obama and impeachment, it's all wrong. It doesn't make any sense. Nothing makes any sense... The Republicans are hell-bent on their immigration bill. They're hell-bent. The...
    rushlimbaugh.com

Nothing Makes Sense

July 31, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Boy, it's going to be one of these days. I can just tell it's going to be one of these days. I was buried, I was buried in show prep and I got an e-mail. It's an e-mail I get every day ten minutes before the program. I said, "What? It's ten minutes before the -- holy." So I've been scrambling for the last 15 minutes. And here we are, ready and revved and ready to go. So much making no sense. I'm sometimes questioning whether I'm sane.
    Telephone number is 800-282-2882. If you want to be on the program, the e-mail address ElRushbo@EIBnet.com.

I kid you not, nothing is making sense. Israeli, Hamas, nothing. I'm talking about the conventional wisdom coming out of Washington. Nothing makes sense. It's all ass backwards. What the House Republicans are doing vis-a-vis suing Obama and impeachment, it's all wrong. It doesn't make any sense. Nothing makes any sense. And if nothing makes any sense, maybe I'm the one that's losing my marbles, except I know that's not true.
    The Republicans are hell-bent on their immigration bill. They're hell-bent. The Chamber of Commerce, somebody, has got them just scared to death. They are hell-bent on passing a bill that will never see the light of day in the Senate. Obama will never sign it. And they know it. And you know why they want to do it? It's so indicative of the post-traumatic stress disorder that they are in. It is so indicative of the absolute shock and fear and totally defensive position that they feel and therefore are in.
    They want to pass an immigration bill that grants amnesty and all that knowing it's not going to pass so they'll get the credit for doing it. And of course the credit, from whom? Nobody's going to give them any credit for it. A, the Hispanics are never going to know about it because the media is never going to report it. The media is going to report it for exactly what it is, an attempt to bribe a bunch of people. It's not going to get them what they think it's going to get them.
    This whole issue, somebody's got to them. I know who it is. Chamber of Commerce and the people that believe in big corporatist liaisons with government and so forth. But it doesn't make any sense. There's no reason on the face of the earth why these people should be in such defensive postures, so scared, so afraid, with a president so on the ropes. But they are, and apparently there's no changing it. There's no words anybody can say to them. There's no action that can take place.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Now, back to all of this business here, the Republicans and their immigration bill -- and they've got another bill, their suing-Obama bill. That could be a disaster if it ever got anywhere, you know why? Are you in favor of that bill? Are you in favor of suing Obama? (interruption) In the first place, the so-called conservative justices on the Supreme Court have already ruled that Congress cannot sue Obama for not enforcing the law. It would be a waste of time.

But what are they suing him for?
    They're suing him for not enforcing the law. What is the law that he hasn't enforced? Well, the big one's Obamacare. So it could be said that the Republicans are suing so that Obama will fully implement Obamacare. Is that what we want? I mean, if you're going to sue a guy for not enforcing the law, and the big thing is Obamacare, and you want him (as a result of your lawsuit) to be forced to enforce the law, then I don't even know if they've thought about this.
    The result could well be that their (snort) lawsuit could force the (chuckles) full implementation of Obamacare. (interruption) Well, no. The lawsuit? It's about all the executive actions, executive order. It could well be that they may not have thought this through. You're asking me, "Is the real purpose of this, that?" You're thinking once again they're just trying to do this for show, to send a message, to say, "Hey! Hey, we're tough on Obama. Hey, we're going to hold him accountable. He's not going to get away with anything. Look, we're going to sue the guy," and just let it end with that?
    Again, just like the immigration bill.
    It isn't going to succeed, but they can send a message with it and be loved in return. So you're thinking that the lawsuit bill is the same thing. It's to send a message to the Tea Party -- "Hey, we hear you! Hey, we're going after the guy. Look at this! We're suing the guy!" -- knowing it isn't going to go anywhere, but get some love back. Well, I'll tell you: Motivations matter, and in this case, they're the wrong ones. That's as it appears from here sitting on the sidelines. I must always have the caveat that I don't do their job, so I don't really know what they're doing.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: I have a story here in the Washington Post that dovetails with this. "Immigration is Now President Obama's Worst Issue -- Immigration has emerged as perhaps President Obama's worst issue -- definitely for today, and maybe of his entire presidency -- when it comes to public perception. A new poll from AP-GfK shows more than two-thirds of Americans..." The real number is 68%. The way to say this is: Almost 70% "disapprove of Obama's handling of the immigration issue in general. Just 31% approve -- down from 38% two months ago."
    The bottom is falling out of Obama on immigration, and the Washington Post says here, "We tried to find an issue on which Obama has earned such poor marks, at any point in his presidency. And even on what was long his worst issue, the economy, his disapproval rating rarely peaked over 60%," but it is 68% on immigration. Now stop and think for a moment. The bottom is falling out.

Obama is nose-diving everywhere you look in the polling data, and for them to report this has got to be worse than what they're reporting. Gallup has him at 39% approval. It's gotta be lower than that. It just does. Common sense says it has to be lower than that. Now they admit that 68% totally disapprove of Obama's handling of immigration and number two is the economy, and that's what he's going to hang his legacy on?
    And here come the Republicans. In the midst of all, with the president of the United States getting a 68% disapproval on immigration, here comes the House leadership trying to pass an immigration bill that mirrors what Obama wants to do! What in the name of Sam Hill is going on? Well, we know what's going on. The Chamber of Commerce is going on, number one.
    Number two, the Republican consultant class and the moderate wing, the RINOs, have convinced everybody that the only way the Republicans can ever win again is with Hispanic voters, and they have further convinced them that the only way they can get Hispanic voters is to basically get rid of the border. "The only way to get Hispanic votes is to make it look like you're not opposed to any Hispanic migrating to the country -- no matter when, no matter how.
    "Any opposition to that and the Hispanics are going to run right back to the Democrats and you're never going to get a single Hispanic vote!" That must be what they believe, and if they believe that, they've got to be... Somebody has to be telling them that, people they trust (i.e., their consultants; i.e., their big donors). But this is one of these things, like I said at the top of the program, that makes me feel like I'm the one going nuts here.
    Nothing makes any sense. We have reality on the ground over here, and we have what's happening over in Washington over here. What's happening in Washington is totally ass backwards from what's happening with reality, and this is the kind of thing that leads people to start providing really wacko answers to their suspicions, because this is so out of whack.
    This makes so little sense, either common or political, that the only natural reaction you can have is, "What in the name of Sam Hill is really going on?" The sitting president, somebody supposedly unassailably popular, somebody messianic when he assumed office, somebody they dare not criticize because everybody will hate their guts if they do, is plummeting in the public opinion poll.
    His immigration reform ideas are at 68 percent disapproval, no doubt flavored largely by this massive assault currently by children at the southern border. Almost 70 percent, and here come the Republicans hell-bent on passing something that people think is amnesty so they can get credit for it, even if it doesn't pass. Why, when you have these numbers -- I've been asking this, by the way, since the early days of Obamacare.

You realize Obamacare has never had majority support in a public opinion poll. It has had within the Democrat Party, but the American public at large, it has never had majority support. It's always been opposed by a majority of people. I've never understood why the Republicans, especially after the 2010 midterms, the emergence of the Tea Party, why didn't the Republicans try to forge an alliance with all those people who crossed the political spectrum.
    It wasn't just Tea Party types and conservatives that opposed Obamacare. It was all demographics. You could find every demographic represented in those that opposed Obamacare. Why didn't the Republicans in 2010 try to forge an alliance with a majority body of thought? And I'm asking the question again. Sixty-eight, almost 70 percent disapprove of two things. They disapprove of what Obama wants to do with immigration, and they disagree with what he is doing.
    Why not stand for the opposite then? Why not contrast yourselves and try and form an alliance with all of these people who oppose it, rather than getting on board the Obama train? And I think we know the answer to that, too. They have been -- well, there are multiple answers to it. But right in the mix is, I don't know if it's hatred or dislike, but they just don't want to have anything to do with their conservative base.
    They don't want to be identified with it. They don't want to appear to be aligning or associating with it. And that leads me to think they don't really want to win with it. It's the most convoluted thing. Except it wouldn't be if somebody told us what was really going on, even though we think we know.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...ng_makes_sense
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The GOP doesn't have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Its either Stockholm Syndrome or they are just as much a Gaggle of SIMPLETON's as the Democrat party

I'll tell you this; none of these Goof Balls / Drunks / Simpletons / LOSER's are leading me anywhere
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 07-31-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rush Limbaugh

This talk about "hate" is all part of Obama and Holder's efforts to criminalize any criticism of Obama, or any "hate speech" that might be considered criticism. Make no mistake about that.

GOP: "We ARE NOT Going to Impeach Obama!" Obama: "Stop Hatin' All the Time!"
    RUSH: I tell you, folks, keep a sharp eye on the president talking about hate.
    rushlimbaugh.com

Republicans Scream, "We ARE NOT Going to Impeach Obama!" -- and Obama Screams Back, "Stop Hatin' All the Time!"

July 31, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Okay. Okay. So you want proof. You want proof that the Republicans aren't going to get any credit for trying to pass an immigration bill with the Hispanics. Even though it fails, even though it has no prayer, they're going to do it anyway to get credit for it to show the Hispanics they love them and the Republican Party is a great home for them.
    How is that working out for them on impeachment? On impeachment, they are shouting from the rooftops: "We are not going to impeach Obama!" And everywhere you look in the media the Republicans are going to impeach Obama. The Democrats are lying about it, and they're on TV saying it. The media's reporting it. Boehner says, "We are not going to impeach Obama!" Turn on the TV. "Republicans impeach Obama. Republicans want to impeach Obama. Republicans strategizing on impeaching Obama."
    "We are not going to impeach Obama! Please do not hate us!"

"Republicans plan on impeaching Obama. Strategy sessions at work how to do it."
    Then Obama goes to Kansas City after visiting Arthur Bryant, which is what every Democrat president does. Every Democrat president goes to Arthur Bryant. It's a barbecue joint. Gotta go in there. It's rote. Kansas City, it's one of the things you do. And he did. Then he goes up and he says (doing Obama impression), "Just gotta stop the hatin'." The President of the United States. There's a "G" in that word. If you're going to use it, say, "Stop the hating." (doing Obama impression), "They gotta just stop the hatin'. Come on now, let's get together, let's stop the hatin'." And of course who does that appeal to? The low-information crowd. They think it's cool and hip.
    They're out there shouting: "Please hear us, please, we are not --" it's in caps and underlined "-- WE ARE NOT GOING TO IMPEACH OBAMA!" Obama goes to Kansas, "They gotta stop the hatin'". So how is it going to work that they're going to pass an immigration bill to show the Hispanics, who is going to tell the Hispanics they passed it? And, by the way, where is it written that that's what the Hispanics require before they will vote for you? Stop the hatin'. Gotta stop the hatin'.
    Let me ask you, was it an act of love when the president turned the IRS loose on the Tea Party? Have you seen Catherine Engelbrecht? She's one of the most attractive, nicest, sweetest people on TV. She's got this Tea Party group. She wanted to start it. She wanted to raise money. The IRS targeted her, made her out to be some sort of a criminal. You want to talk about stop the hatin'? Was it an act of love when the president repeatedly lied to the very people sitting behind him in Kansas City yesterday. (imitating Obama) "Hey, you like your doctor? That's great. You can keep your doctor. You like your insurance plan? All right, if you like it you get to keep it." Twenty-five different times, over three years, he personally lied to the same people sitting behind him. Was that an act of love? We just gotta stop the hatin'. Hey, they should stop the hatin'.

Was it an act of love when the president repeatedly promised you that your premiums for your health insurance would come down $2,500 a year? Was that an act of love? Is what Obama doing the result of loving people? Or is he lying to them? Do you lie to the people you love? Or do you lie to the people you think are suckers? Do you lie to the people you think are stupid enough to believe you?
    Was it an act of love when the president opened the southern border for the purpose of letting in tens of thousands of illegals with criminal records and no skills and then dumped them in states without informing the governors? Was that an act of the president loving anybody but the illegals? The president's campaign called Mitt Romney a tax cheat and a murderer. Was that an act of love? Or was there maybe some hate behind that? I don't know about you, I'm not in any mood to listen to some lawless angry guy do shtick about hate while he's dismantling the country.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: I tell you, folks, keep a sharp eye on the president talking about hate. Because it's all part of his and Holder's efforts to criminalize any criticism of Obama or any hate speech that might be considered criticism. Make no mistake about that.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: I want to play this. It was from yesterday. I told the broadcast engineer we're going to do one, two, three and 19. So what do I do? I tell him to grab 20. But it's Obama. It's yesterday afternoon in Kansas City standing in front of a bunch of people who still love the guy, think he's the greatest thing, probably voted for him.
    He told them that they could keep their doctor, keep their insurance plan. He lied to them 25 times about that. He lied to them about their premiums coming down $2,500 a month. Turned the IRS loose on hundreds of conservatives. Has opened the southern border. Is out apologizing for America. He's out there saying Republicans have got to stop all the hate.

OBAMA: We could do so much more if congress would just come on, and help out a little bit. (laughter) Just, just, come on. Come on and help out a little bit. Stop being mad all the time. (Crowd cheering) Stop, uh, stop just hatin' all the time. Come on. (Crowd cheering) Let's get some work done together. I know, uh, they're not that happy that I'm president, but that's okay. (laughter) Come on, I've only, I've only got a couple years left, come on, let's get some work done. Then, then, then you can be mad at next president.
    RUSH: Right on. Right on. It's a new era in the presidency. I mean, I can't even hear Clinton talking this way. (imitating Clinton) "Hey, man, come on, come on, let's just have a couple of beers, man. Calm down out there. Let's have a couple of beers, go to a ballgame, you never know, we might find a couple lovelies after that. Come on, man."
    But stop the hatin'? This is the guy who said, "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." This is a guy who said to his supporters (paraphrasing), "I need you to go out, talk to your friends, talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they're independent, whether they're Republican, I want you to argue with them. I want you to get in their face. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in the back." President Obama. "Come on, let's do some work."
    He's just goading them, folks. He's just goading these Republicans to give him what he wants, and what he wants is to be impeached and the Republicans are shouting from the rooftops that they're not going to impeach him. I think they've gone so far overboard, they've gone way beyond what's necessary. I really hate this. Two things: This business of shouting: "We're not going to impeach the president!" Look, don't take it off the table.
    In any negotiation, you don't throw away your options. All you're doing is signaling to the president that you're not going to do anything to stop him and you're signaling to the people that whatever he's doing, "Hey, folks, he's not breaking the law. He's not being lawless. He's not out there being extra constitutional. If he were, we would do something about it. But we're not going to do anything about it." What's the message that they're sending?
    Then they said, one of them said, I think it was Steve Scalise, I'm not sure, maybe more than one, in an interview -- yeah, it was Sunday on Fox News Sunday and whoever Chris Wallace was interviewing asked: "Will there be a government shutdown?"
    "No! There will not be, are you listening, there will not be a government shutdown! Please love us!"
    "So you're saying that there won't be a government shutdown?"
    "Please, listen, we will not be the ones to shut the government and take away your freebies."

Well, that's tantamount to saying that the Republicans will not use their constitutional power to control spending and deny opportunity to Obama to spend and spend and spend. Why take that off the table? Why in July say there won't be a government shutdown? Only reason, scared to death, "Oh my God, government shutdown, no, we'll get blamed. No, no, the American people don't want their government shut down. The American people can't get by without their government. We will not shut down the government. Do you hear us: We will not shut down the government!"
    There's panic. Well, in doing that, they are saying that they're going to do nothing with their power of the purse is the cliche to rein in Obama's extra constitutional activities. Why would you throw away your weapons? To get re-elected so people will love you, so they will not blame you for what's going on? I'm telling you, you go out, you spend your life trying to prove negatives, spend your life trying to convince people that you're not going to do what's going to cause the upcoming disaster, rather than trying to stop the disaster. There is such a glorious win opportunity here.
    And then another member of Congress said, "No, no, no, we're not going to impeach Obama. What he's done doesn't even rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors." And it does. It specifically does. High crimes and misdemeanors is a phrase that the founders borrowed from the ancient Brits, but it has a specific meaning and it can't mean murder and all that because those are not misdemeanors. High crimes and misdemeanors thing, this is where you have to go look at original intent. High crimes and misdemeanors simply says, all it means is has somebody gotten to the point where we can't trust them with the power that the Constitution gives them. That's the root of it.
    There are specifics to high crimes and misdemeanors, and Obama has engaged in them. Let me find this. We had an amazing AP story today that contrasts Obama's claim of a roaring economic recovery with actual interviews of American people saying their lives are turning to horse manure. I mean, that's the kind of stuff you get with Republican presidents. But the AP did it, an actual story, the thrust of which is: There isn't any real economic recovery that average Americans are experiencing.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...n_all_the_time

Rush Limbaugh

When they look at conservatives, the GOP establishment doesn't see something that led to Ronald Reagan. They see Barry Goldwater's landslide defeat.

Lifelong Listener Sees Establishment Republicans Squandering Huge Opportunity
    RUSH: When they see conservatism, they see Barry Goldwater. They see a landslide defeat. They see a...
    rushlimbaugh.com

Lifelong Listener Sees Establishment Republicans Squandering Huge Opportunity by Refusing to Embrace Conservatism

July 31, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: This is Key in San Francisco. Thank you. It's great to have you here. I love San Francisco. It's great to hear from somebody from there. How are you?
    CALLER: I'm doing great, Rush. Mega dittos. Thank you for listening to me today. I firmly believe -- I've been listening to you since my college day when you were in Sacramento. I firmly believe conservatism -- when articulated clearly and when practiced faithfully and without apology -- wins every time.
    So I am incensed when I look at the current political landscape, when I look at the establishment Republicans and I look at the opportunity that they are squandering. Because not since when Reagan got a chance to position conservatism against the failed liberal policies of Carter, have we ever been given an opportunity to so clearly position ourselves as conservatives and how different we are.

RUSH: Amen!
    CALLER: You look across this country. You look at every major metropolitan area that has been controlled by Democrats and liberals for the last 50 years. You look at Detroit and every other area where you just have to show up and point fingers and show what liberalism unchecked can do.
    When you look and listen to the very polls that you just mentioned in the first hour, when you have union members who are upset with Obamacare, never has this country been more hungry and waiting to listen to and be open to an alternative to the failed liberal policies we're seeing on display each and every day. So when I see establishment Republicans just squander this opportunity...
    They will never have an opportunity like this again, not in my lifetime -- and, Rush, I'm in my early 40s. I've got a seven-year-old; I've got a four-year-old. They can see conservatism flourish for the rest of their lifetimes if we don't squander this opportunity. And you, sir, have always said, "Liberals will always show you what they're afraid of." When you look at Lois Lerner and IRS and all these scandals, who are they targeting?
    It's not the establishment Republicans. It's conservatives, because they fear conservatism.
    RUSH: This guy... You obviously have been listening to me since the Sacramento days, because there's nothing wrong with what you said. You are absolutely right! But I want to ask you a question.
    CALLER: Yes, sir?
    RUSH: Why do you think the establishment Republicans don't see it that way?
    CALLER: Because I don't think they care. You know, the difference is... Again, the first president that I, in my childhood, was aware of was Reagan, and one thing about Reagan was that you knew here's a gentleman who believes -- who not only believes in what he says, but cares about his country. He wants to put his country first. When I look at the landscape today, I see a bunch of career politicians who are more concerned about getting reelected, about staying in power, than putting the interests and the needs of their nation first.

RUSH: Now, wait. Wait, though. Wait a minute. Net me play devil's advocate. You just said -- and a lot of people agree with you -- that this nation is hungering and thirsting for an alternative to be articulated well and reasonably and with good cheer, and the people are just dying to vote for it. So if that's driving them, their effort to be re-elected, why don't they do what you say they should do?
    CALLER: Because I don't believe they're true conservatives. I don't believe that they believe in conservatism.
    RUSH: All right, and why not? I'm going to keep drilling down, because there are answers to all these questions I'm asking. Why not?
    CALLER: Well, again, because they are listening to the media, the way that they're being portrayed. As you said many times: They just want to be liked, and in their minds they think if they just espouse conservatism, they won't be liked. Somehow they have it in their minds that to retain power, to get reelected, they have to be liked.

RUSH: There is a specific answer to my question, and you've given part of it. But in the real world of politics, one of the reasons is -- in addition to what you said -- when they see conservatism, they see Barry Goldwater. They see a landslide defeat. They see a Republican Party in the wilderness for 40 years. They don't see the beginning of a movement. They don't see something that led to Ronald Reagan. They don't see Reagan. They see Goldwater.
    Their consultants see that. They are not conservative, as you say. They have also, I think, as establishment types... How many times have you heard what you would think are conservative media say, "You know, the American people have made up their minds and they actually want a big, energetic government and president"? Executive, they call him. "They want this. We have got to adjust to the reality that the American people want a large, efficient, energetic government working for them.
    "We have to convince them that we can do it better and smarter." That's the current mindset of Republican consultants, many in the so-called conservative media, who advise the Republicans that you are talking about. You throw that into the mix in addition to everything you said that they're not really conservative. And there's another big one, too. They don't believe in smaller government.
    Government is the answer to everything. Government is where they make their money. Government is where they have their contracts. Government is where they go to do lobbying work after they finish their work in office and really score, and without big government for lobbyists to massages and manipulate and earn big money, there could be no big financial opportunity!
    "You've got to have a big government so that it can be massaged and managed and manipulated, scored money off of and so forth," and that really is it. Follow the money and you'll have the answers to many questions. At the root of it, they really aren't conservative, but they're not conservative because it embarrasses them. They think pro-life is a killing issue, for example. Social issues and everything. The things that they've won on are the things that they're afraid of!
    CALLER: I agree wholeheartedly, Rush. As a son of immigrants... My family immigrated here when I was a young child and I will tell you, though, that America -- the America that conservatism stands for -- is why people have immigrated to this country for so many years and still do. It is for what America, even to this day, still stands for. Nothing better epitomizes that America than conservatism.
    RUSH: No question about it. There's another thing, too. You and I look at what's happening in the country and we see a crisis. We see a crisis that really threatens the existence of America as founded. The Republicans you're talking about don't see that. They don't see a spending crisis. That's not a problem. Have you ever seen them reduce spending?
    CALLER: No.

RUSH: They don't believe that's a problem. They'll tell you, "Look, man, the national debt's been growing ever since I was a kid and we're still here. There isn't any problem. That's an old shibboleth. It's not going to kill us. It's no big deal." They just don't see the world the same way that you do, and it's a shame. But at the root of it, you're right: They're not conservative. We can get into the whys and wherefores of it and that's useful simply as an information or educational exercise, but that remains the fact.
    In fact, not only are they not, they are wrong about it.
    They have fears about it that are misconstrued.
    If you associate... If all conservatism to you is Barry Goldwater -- and believe me, don't discount that. That, to them, is what's going to happen if we nominate a conservative. Why do you think they keep nominating moderate, Northeastern Republicans? They think conservatism equals landslide defeat. Why they don't see Reagan is probably rooted in the fact that they don't want to admit that they were wrong and they really don't want to get into the argument of smaller government.
    Because they really, really don't want to do the work necessary to make that happen.
    END TRANSCRIPT

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...e_conservatism

Rush Limbaugh

You won't find, in terms of just a nice man, you won't find anybody greater. Morality and family, you won't find anybody better. But it takes more than that.

No, Mitt Romney Can't Win This Time -
    RUSH: Romneycare, Obamacare, they cancel each other out. But with the economy as bad as it was, with Obamacare lingering, with everything that was known -- Benghazi and everything that was known -- if poor Mitt was not able to capitalize...
    rushlimbaugh.com

No, Mitt Romney Can't Win This Time

August 04, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: You want to know the Romney story? You want to know what I think about the Romney story? You know what the Romney story is? He's back. He may run again. Oh, yeah, he's on the campaign trail and the subtext of the Romney story is he can win this time if there isn't a black guy on the ballot. That's what nobody's saying, but that's the subtext. That the only reason Romney lost is 'cause he couldn't win. There was a black guy running for reelection. There was no way the country was gonna send the first black president packing.
    That's not why. People are looking at this the wrong way. Mitt Romney is a fine man. Mitt Romney may be one of the most decent people you'll ever run into. But folks, with the economy as bad as it was, with Obamacare ticking time bomb that it was, if the Republicans nominate somebody that forced four million Republicans to sit home and not vote in this climate, why in the world are they thinking of doing it again?

Now, I think I know the answer. I think I know why Romney is attractive. There's some people that want to head Jeb Bush off at the pass. There are others that want to head off any conservative nominee at the pass. It's really, when you come to the Republican Party, first and foremost is all about making sure that somebody like Cruz or anybody with ties to the Tea Party doesn't get the nomination. And I'm telling you the subtext, "Hey, you know, Romney had a great message, great guy. If he's running against somebody, there's no black person on the ballot, then he may have a chance."
    I'm telling you, that's a totally wrong way to look at it. A, Romneycare, Obamacare, they cancel each other out. But with the economy as bad as it was, with Obamacare lingering, with everything that was known -- Benghazi and everything that was known -- if poor Mitt was not able to capitalize on the absolute worst four years of a presidency we've had in my lifetime, what in the world makes people think he's gonna be able to do it again? I mean, history is history.
    There are real-world events to judge from and making up reasons why he lost and making up reasons why he might win again -- (interruption) well, of course he might be running against the first woman candidate, which would be the same thing all over again, just trade race for gender. And the Democrats get the same campaign, but before you even get there, as I say: You won't find, in terms of just a nice man, you won't find anybody greater. Morality and family, you won't find anybody better. But it takes more than that. And there was a lot. Obama was screwing up left and right big time. There are some who think that 2012 should have been a slam dunk Republican landslide. And I'm close to being one of them.
    Now, I know the exit polling data. I know that Obama still succeeded in having Bush blamed for the economy, and I know that Obama had finished really high in this question, "Cares about people like me." But that's my point. There was plenty of time to make the case in the campaign for who Obama was. "Rush, nobody was gonna do that because nobody was gonna attack the first black president." That's the problem. He was no longer the first black president by then. He was simply the president with a record, with a set of policies that were leading to disaster. The sad thing is that there are a lot of us not surprised with where we are. None of this was a mystery to me. And I'm sure not to a lot of you. Okay, so that's that.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._win_this_time