Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rush Limbaugh: US Senate has become a laughingstock

U.S. Senate Has Become a Laughingstock

May 19, 2005

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. (sigh) The Senate voted yesterday to allow illegal aliens to collect Social Security benefits based on past illegal employment, even if the job was obtained through forged or stolen documents. In other words, the United States Senate -- now, this will never survive conference with the House, but I don't care. The United States Senate -- if this isn't amnesty, I don't know what the hell it is! We're going to throw out identity theft? Just basically going to sanction identity theft? Just go steal somebody's identity, and their Social Security number, and go get a job, and then earn and pay Social Security benefits, and we find out you did that, no problem! You're still going to get your Social Security benefits after you paid your Social Security taxes, and you know who led the charge on this? Senator McCain.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Legalizing identity theft. (story) "The Senate voted yesterday to allow illegal aliens to collect Social Security benefits based on past illegal employment -- even if the job was obtained through forged or stolen documents." Identity theft! "'There was a felony they were committing, and now they can't be prosecuted. That sounds like amnesty to me,' said Sen. John Ensign, the Nevada Republican," former House member, freshman class 1994. I'm an honorary member, saw Ensign at a golf course recently; a great, great guy. He "offered the amendment yesterday to strip out those provisions of the immigration reform bill. 'It just boggles the mind how people could be against this amendment,' he said. The Ensign amendment was defeated on a 50-49 vote."

John McCain carried the water on this one. (McCain impression.) "We all know that millions of undocumented immigrants pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for years and sometimes decades while they work to contribute to our economy. This Ensign amendment would undermine the work of these people by preventing lawfully present immigrant workers from claiming Social Security benefits that they earned before they were authorized to work," and then he said, "If this amendment were enacted, the nest egg that these immigrants have worked hard for would be taken from them and their families." I just know there are some of you people out there who are obsessed and overridden with guilt, and you're going to call, and you're going to say, "But, Rush! But, Rush! They paid into the Social Security system. They should get benefits."

That's not why they got the card! It's not why they went the out and got the card. They got the card to commit fraud! They went out and got an illegal Social Security number. They stole somebody else's. They did this to violate one law after another from employment to banking to insurance. (McCain impression) "But they built up a nest egg. A nest egg! They were doing work Americans won't do, Limbaugh!" And these guys, they all know how you feel about this.

I mean, this isn't just flipping you the bird. They are mooning us.

Then, almost as mind-boggling: "The Senate voted yesterday to make English the national language of the US, declaring that no one has a right to federal communications or services in a language other than English except for those already guaranteed by law. The measure, approved by a vote of 63-34 directs the government to preserve and enhance the role of English..." Who is the Senate if not the government? Who are they directing? Who are they telling to do this? But that's not the point. "...without altering current laws that require some government documents and services to be provided in another language." So they vote to make English the, what? National language, and then they say, "Screw it. It didn't mean anything."

Yeah, if it's going to be the national language, we're going to make the fly the national bird, but we're still going to have the eagle on the dollar bills and everywhere else. (sigh) "Opponents, however, said it could negate executive orders, regulations, civil services guidances, and other multilingual ordinances not officially sanctioned by acts of Congress. Only nine Senate Democrats voted for the amendment, one Republican, Pete Domenici of New Mexico voted against it. The impact of the new Senate language amendment was unclear even after its passage."

McCain again (impression): "In my view, we had it watered down enough to make it acceptable." (laughing) Exactly right: watered it down to the point of meaninglessness, and when you got it watered down to where it has no meaning, then McCain says it's acceptable. Would you like to hear some floor debate on this? Would you like to hear what's passing for learned, persuasive debate? Let's go Senator Durbin. He was on Good Morning America today. Charlie Gibson said, "Yesterday the Senate accepted 370 miles of fence, accepted an amendment that would make English the national language. Are you accepting a number of what we might call conservative amendments on this issue?" (interruption) What? Krauthammer asked the question (actually I know when), "Since when did caring about illegal immigration become 'conservative'?" I guess it's something to do with law and order. "Are you accepting, Senator Turbin, a number of what we might call conservative amendments on this issue in order to protect what you think is the core of the bill, the guest worker program, and a path toward legalization for people who have been here for a considerable amount of time?"

DURBIN: Yes. English is our American language. If you're going to be part of our country, you have to learn English to be a citizen, and that's, uh, a requirement that should be maintained. What we want to make sure is that in areas of health and safety and national security, there's no prohibition against the government using a language other than English. If we are, God forbid, threatened with avian flu, don't we want to make sure that everyone within our borders understands that threat so that we can stop that epidemic?

RUSH: There you go, folks. There's what passes for learned insight, brilliant insight. "Well, if something like the avian flu, the bird flu, pandemic, epidemic, academic, whatever it becomes, don't we want everybody to hear the warnings?" And then Dingy Harry, who people have forgotten, but Dingy Harry introduced an immigration bill back in 1993. He introduced an immigration bill that ought to be the immigration bill they are debating today, and it ought to be adopted. Dingy Harry introduced one of the most sensible immigration reform bills, and now he's just talking a totally different game, and his excuse is, "Well, my -- my wife made me see the error of my ways two weeks after I introduced the bill."

But that's like a flat-out lie because months after he introduced it, he brought it back! Well, Dingy Harry has said this English as the official language of the country is racist. "This amendment is racist! I think it's directed basically to people who speak Spanish." What? The Spanish language? How can...? How can...? How can...? (sighs) Excuse me, folks. I'm getting... (story) "A poll by Zogby International earlier this year found that 84% of Americans say that English should be the official language of government operations; the same poll found that 77% of Hispanics agree." So Dingy Harry is calling 84% in the Zogby poll racist along with 77% of Hispanics racist, and would you like to hear the learned insight of Dingy Harry? This is yesterday on the Senate floor.

HARRY REID: I really believe this amendment is racist. I think it's directed, basically, to people who speak Spanish. I can remember once being so frustrated. I was a guest in a hotel. Now, I had locked myself out of my room, and there was a lady pushing the cart, and I told her I'd like to get back in my room. She did not know what I was saying! She could not converse with me in Spanish! So as luck would have it, here comes one of my sons. The minute he spoke to her in Spanish, her whole demeanor changed. She became a different person, because, through my son, we could communicate.

RUSH: Okay. So, uh, it was... That's not an impersonator. That's actual Harry Reid sound bites from the Senate floor yesterday. So in addition to this being literally stupid in terms of persuading anybody, it is ladled with what we've been talking about recently: guilt. You see, we had a woman from a foreign country working in a hotel where Dingy Harry was staying. She's in America, but because he didn't speak her language, he felt so bad. He felt so bad! But fortunately his son was able to speak with her, and the woman's life noticeably changed right there on the spot. She was able to communicate. After that, he's got another heartwarming tale, the heartwarming tale of one of his employees: Federico. ( story | story ) Here's that bite.

HARRY REID: I have a young man that works for me -- an American citizen, of course -- Federico.

RUSH: Wait, wait! Stop the tape! "An American citizen, of course"? What's that! Nobody's accused him, have they, of hiring illegals? He's defending a charge he hasn't been faced with.

HARRY REID: Federico comes from Puerto Rico.

RUSH: Mmm-hmm.

HARRY REID: He speaks Spanish.

RUSH: Si.

HARRY REID: I don't think I would embarrass Federico even though he's well-educated, long time American citizen. He still speaks with an accent. He speaks very good English with a slight accent. He was so sick. He didn't know what was wrong with him, and he was afraid when he went to the hospital emergency room -- he was afraid! -- that he couldn't communicate with his health care workers what was wrong with him, and he asked, is there anybody here that speaks Spanish? And there was one of the nurses, and he was able to communicate. He felt better.

RUSH: This, again, the highlights of the debate on the English language proposal on the floor of the Senate yesterday. After this, an aide passed Dingy Harry a note that was on a folded sheet of paper. (We don't know if it was Federico who passed the note or not.) After reading the note, Dingy Harry tried to clarify his remarks. He said now, wait. I don't want to be confused here. Senator Inhofe isn't a racist, but his bill is. This is what he said.
    HARRY REID: I have served in the Congress of the United States with Jim Inhofe for many years, and we disagree on issues on occasion. But even though I feel this amendment is unfair, I don't in any way suggest that Jim Inhofe is a racist. I don't believe that at all.

RUSH: Oh! Oh! Of course not!

HARRY REID: I just believe that this amendment has -- and with some people, that connotation, not that he's a racist but the amendment is.

RUSH: "We support the troops, but we don't support the mission."

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, folks, I have a theory.

People are saying, "Rush, how can this literal childish insanity, this comedy act be going on in both chambers of Congress?"

It's easy. It is very easy to explain. There is no elected conservative leadership in this country right now. The president is not leading a conservative movement. He's a Republican president; he has some conservative issues he believes in. He's not leading a movement. So everybody is off the reservation and acting on their own. Some are trying to assume this conservative leadership position, or at least they're trying to convey that's what they want. But there is no elected conservative leadership. I mean, you have a lot of elected conservatives, but none of them are nationally known. They're not national leaders right now, so...bam!

They just got sparks flying all over the country. There's no discipline. There's no allegiance to a set of principles that have been laid down in an agenda. I mean, this English language thing, the law doesn't abolish Spanish! I mean, Dingy Harry can run around talking about his buddy Federico and the Spanish-speaking maid all he wants, and he can try to make us sound like it's our fault that they can't understand us and we can't understand them in our own country, but the bottom line is this meaningless amendment, this meaningless amendment does not abolish Spanish. It just requires the government to do business in English. That's about as far as they want to go in offering incentives for immigrants to learn English

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/ ... guest.html
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

That's not why they got the card! It's not why they went the out and got the card. They got the card to commit fraud! They went out and got an illegal Social Security number. They stole somebody else's. They did this to violate one law after another from employment to banking to insurance. (McCain impression) "But they built up a nest egg. A nest egg! They were doing work Americans won't do, Limbaugh!" And these guys, they all know how you feel about this.

I mean, this isn't just flipping you the bird. They are mooning us.
    Don't worry Rush, we'll remember McCain in '08. He who moons last, moons best.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

There are thousands if not millions of Americans who have been victimized by identity theft. And for this these illegals will have "rights" to get social security from the FALSE or STOLEN numbers they have used?
    Those idiots in Congress who are pushing this insanity need to be put into vans by men in white coats taking them to the closest locked mental ward.

John McCain carried the water on this one. (McCain impression.) "We all know that millions of undocumented immigrants pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for years and sometimes decades while they work to contribute to our economy. This Ensign amendment would undermine the work of these people by preventing lawfully present immigrant workers from claiming Social Security benefits that they earned before they were authorized to work," and then he said, "If this amendment were enacted, the nest egg that these immigrants have worked hard for would be taken from them and their families." I just know there are some of you people out there who are obsessed and overridden with guilt, and you're going to call, and you're going to say, "But, Rush! But, Rush! They paid into the Social Security system. They should get benefits."
    McCain said "This Ensign amendment would undermine the work of these people by preventing lawfully present immigrant workers from claiming Social Security benefits that they earned before they were authorized to work"
    Well yes it would, McCain! What you call "the nest egg that these immigrants have worked hard for" should be taken from them and their families. Have you ever heard of fraud, identity theft, or felony?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They will never be able to prosecute a case of idenity theft in this country. If they try to charge any american with identity theft after letting all of these illegals get away with it, it wil be racist.

Everyone be sure to write the Senate to include an amendment in Immigration 2006 making the "FLY" the national bird.

I wonder if we could make it an alert issue on Congress.org?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Everyone be sure to write the Senate to include an amendment in Immigration 2006 making the "FLY" the national bird.

I wonder if we could make it an alert issue on Congress.org?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

U.S. Senate Has Become a Laughingstock
    Sadly, the laugh is on us.