Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Russia - Prisoners of War Deaths WW2

Historian Niall Ferguson, in addition to figures from Keith Lowe, tabulated the total death rate for POWs in World War II as follows:[43][44]

Percentage of POWs that Died

Soviet POWs held by Germans 57.5%
    German POWs held by Yugoslavs 41.2%
    German POWs held by Soviets 35.8%
    American POWs held by Japanese 33.0%
    German POWs held by Eastern Europeans 32.9%
    British POWs held by Japanese 24.8%
    German POWs held by Czechoslovaks 5.0%
    British POWs held by Germans 3.5%
    German POWs held by French 2.58%
    German POWs held by Americans 0.15%
    German POWs held by British 0.03%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_of_war
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Look at the Soviet Union - WW2 Casualties - Largest losses by substantial margins both military and civilian. I notice the total number is 25 yo 27 million, pver 11 million of those were military losses. Russia not only had the largest military losses, the largest POW deaths, but the largest civilian loss from military action as well as the war-related famine and disease. The Russian people sacrificed and suffered enormously during this awful war. They are our ally, without them, we could have never defeated the Germans without a like kind number of casualties. Russia also refused any financial help from the United States after the war, going it alone to rebuild their own nation and those in its sphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

I think the lesson to be learned here is when Europe wants to fear an ally, and make them a target, when it owes its existence as a free Europe to the lives of 27 million Russians, it's not what you did for me yesterday, but what are you going to do for me today.

It appears the same ungrateful lot holds the same view towards the United States.

I searched for articles under the search "why does the West hate Russia" and I posted some of these in another thread, but one of the interesting and to me heart-breaking revelations in one of those articles was that the most common question to people from the West asked by the Russian people is "why do people from the West hate us?"

That's a damn good question that I think our new Trump government needs to investigate and get to the bottom of.

That doesn't mean that we have to be stupid or weak with Russia or any other country. We've been stupid and weak with Mexico, we've been stupid and weak with China. We've been stupid and weak with India and Pakistan. We have to be strong and smart with all of them. But there is something very very wrong and unwarranted in our treatment of Russia today by comparison. For members of our Congress to be plotting with Ukraine over Crimea and these little tiny Baltic States against Russia truly makes no sense to me at all.

So I hope more accurate information starts pouring out of our government agencies, universities, colleges, think tanks and business community who know the truth but have chosen to support lies instead, so Americans aren't dragged into failure by lies and misinformation which is what we've been fed on Russia for many decades now.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-19-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn