Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Russia Today anchor quits on live TV over Putin ‘whitewashing’

By News.com.au
    March 5, 2014 | 9:28pm

The move comes after fellow Russia Today US host Abby Martin criticized Russia’s meddling in Ukraine.
    Russia Today anchor quits on live TV over Putin ‘whitewashing’

A Russia Today anchor quit live on air Wednesday, declaring she cannot work for a station that “whitewashes the actions of Vladimir Putin.”

Liz Wahl, who works in the network’s Washington DC bureau, said her grandparents came to the United States to escape Soviet oppression.

“And that is why personally I cannot be part of a station funded by the Russian government that whitewashes the action of Putin,” she said, reading from a statement.

“I’m proud to be an American and believe in disseminating the truth. And that is why after this newscast I’m resigning.”

Earlier, Ms. Wahl had tweeted: “Just spoke to grandparents who came to US as refugees escaping Soviets during Hungarian revolution. Amazing to hear amid new Cold War fears.”

The move comes after fellow Russia Today US host Abby Martin criticized Russia’s meddling in Ukraine.

Martin made a statement about the crisis Tuesday as she wrapped up her show “Breaking the Set,” broadcast on the American version of Russia Today.

“Before I wrap up the show I wanted to say something from my heart about the ongoing military occupation of Ukraine and Russia’s political occupation of command,” she said.

“Just because I work here, for RT, doesn’t mean I don’t have editorial independence. And I can’t stress enough how strongly I am against any military intervention in sovereign nations’ affairs.”

http://nypost.com/2014/03/05/russia-...-whitewashing/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From the blog ..

why don't american anchor people do the same with OBAMA THE DICTATOR!!!!!
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    Brewski1956 51 minutes ago

@Charlie Santos C'mon Charlie, you KNOW why they would never do something like that - THEY"RE the ones who made him, they're the reason we've all been screwed over these last six years or so. WHY would anyone expect them to turn on their own creation?
    FlagShare
    1SwitchedatBirth BestTVLikeReply
    SwitchedatBirth BestTV 15 minutes ago

@Brewski1956 @Charlie Santos"THEY"RE the ones who made him" 100% correct.
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    mtms42000 59 minutes ago

Obama thinks our countries biggest enemies are rich people.
    FlagShare
    2SwitchedatBirth BestTVCharlie SantosLikeReply
    SwitchedatBirth BestTV 12 minutes ago

@mtms42000 ... rich white people.
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    Brewski1956 1 hour ago

Of course I trust Vlad. President Urkel certainly seems to trust them, and that's good enough for me.
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    Murph 1 hour ago

Dont be ridiculous. we gave them a reset button for crying out loud. the 1980's called and want their foreign policy back.
    FlagShare
    LikeReply
    Charlie Munger 1 hour ago

Operation gladio
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn