Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dear ALIPAC: March 11, 2006

Thank you for informing us of the passing of Dr.
    Madeleine Cosman.
    and thank you, "BlueHills," for your link to George
    Putnam's March 10, 2006 biography of Mrs. Dr. Cosman
    appearing in NewsMax.com.

While I have been quite aware of the political
    implications of what appears to be a deliberate
    concerted attempt by certain people, "South of the
    Border," to gain political ascendency in this land
    which has traditionally honored the "opinion of the
    majority of the people," by simply pressing for an
    increasing numerical presence in our country, leading
    to a rule by a majority of aliens, legal or illegal, I
    was totally unaware of the problem which Dr. Cosman
    has dedicated her life to solving: the introduction
    into our country, in numbers approaching epidemic, of
    life-threatening diseases. Diseases which often
    Americans have worked hard and diligently to eradicate
    from our presence. Until now. Until this
    scarcely-stemmed flood of unwashed illegal aliens who
    come here for whatever reason, good or bad, but who
    often carry with them the seeds of death to us all,
    native or alien.

The Prophet Ezekiel has written, "When I bring a
    sword upon the land, if the people of the land take a
    man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
    If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow
    the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever
    heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not
    warning, if the sword come, and take him away, his
    blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound
    of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall
    be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver
    his soul.

"As I live, saith the Lord God; I have no pleasure
    in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn
    from his way and live." (Ezekiel 33:2-5, 11)

I thank our higher power for the life of this fair
    watchlady, who has dedicated her life to using her
    God-given medical and legal talents to do what she
    could to warn the people of America, in particular of
    this medical "sword," which now threatens all of us. I
    trust she now rests in peace and comfort with the Lord
    God who has used her eloquently, to warn our people of
    the approach of this medical sword.

And I pray that each of us who remain, will now take
    from her example the determination to recommit
    whatever talents of intellect and conscience we
    ourselves may have been given, to serve more
    diligently than ever as "watchmen on the wall."

Thank you again, ALIPAC, for your continuing
    testimony to the truth with respect to the problem of
    illegal immigration. And thank you all who unite
    through ALIPAC, to serve the truth, and in particular,
    the continuation of "Life, Liberty, Property and
    Pursuit of Happiness," in this fair constitutional
    republic we call The United States of America..
    God bless.

As the late Scot, the Rev. Samuel Rutherford wrote
    in the 1600s, ultimately, I believe, "LEX REX," THE
    LAW IS KING.

Sincerely, R. Greene
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.nytimes.com

March 19, 2006
    Madeleine P. Cosman, 68, Medieval Expert, Dies
    By MARGALIT FOX
    Madeleine Pelner Cosman, a prominent writer, scholar and lecturer whose passion for what she called the "glorious order" of the past led her first to a career in medieval and Renaissance studies and more recently to wide public advocacy of tougher immigration laws, died on March 2 in Escondido, Calif. She was 68.

The cause was complications of scleroderma, a chronic disease of the connective tissue, her family said. Ms. Cosman, who moved to California in the late 1990's, was for decades a resident of Tenafly, N.J.

A longtime faculty member at the City College of New York, Ms. Cosman founded the Institute for Medieval and Renaissance Studies there in 1968 and was its director for many years. The institute closed in 1993, when Ms. Cosman retired. In the 1970's and afterward, she helped organize the annual medieval festival at the Cloisters in Upper Manhattan and spoke frequently at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and elsewhere about daily life in the Middle Ages.

The author of nearly a dozen books, Ms. Cosman was best known to popular audiences for "Fabulous Feasts: Medieval Cookery and Ceremony" (George Braziller, 1976). An illustrated study of culinary practice in the Middle Ages, it also included recipes for dishes like roseye (fried fish in a rose-petal sauce), mulled wine and peppermint rice.

Ms. Cosman took her work seriously. She could sing madrigals, play the lute and eat with her fingers off a trencher in the proper medieval style. Her house in suburban New Jersey was appointed with ornately carved period furniture. Arms and armor lay about, the walls were hung with Flemish tapestries, and the cellar was stocked with mead.

On special occasions, visitors might find Ms. Cosman, wearing a flowing velvet gown, presiding over an elegant table that could include blankmangere en doucette (chicken cooked with cumin and cream, served in pastry) and lentil mawmenye (a lamb and lentil stew). Utensils were not supplied.

Apart from medieval food and birthday cake, the only thing Ms. Cosman knew how to cook was hamburger, a dish that took her nearly 15 years to master. Her family was fond of hamburger, which was always served by candlelight.

Ms. Cosman could also play the piano, fly an airplane and shoot a gun. In the 1980's and early 90's, she made her living buying and selling medical practices, and in the mid-90's, when she was in her late 50's, she became a lawyer. In recent years, she worked as a health-care policy analyst and was a volunteer patrolwoman with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

At her death, Ms. Cosman was a member of the board of the California Rifle and Pistol Association. She was also on the board of the Wake Up America Foundation, which opposes illegal immigration, and was frequently heard discussing the issue on talk radio.

Madeleine Pelner was born in Brooklyn on Dec. 4, 1937, the oldest of three daughters of Louis Pelner and the former Lillian Rosen. She received a bachelor's degree from Barnard in 1959, a master's from Hunter in 1960 and a Ph.D. in English and comparative literature from Columbia in 1964. In 1995, she earned a law degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University.

As a Jewish child growing up during World War II, Madeleine was acutely conscious of the need for self-protection, something she later discussed in interviews. As a young woman, she learned to shoot. If the knock on the door were to come, Madeleine Pelner would be ready. By the time she was in college, her devotion to the concept of personal responsibility had led her to the writings of Ayn Rand, whose libertarian ideas she embraced.

Ms. Cosman's diverse work was united by her interest in the history of medicine. As a scholar of medieval medicine, she found that early medical treatises often included descriptions of food thought to be curative. This led to "Fabulous Feasts." She was later the founder and president of Medical Equity, a brokerage of medical and surgical practices.

Most recently, Ms. Cosman's interest in health care policy led her to study the effects of illegal immigration on the United States health-care system. Her article "Illegal Aliens and American Medicine," published last year in The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, has been widely reproduced on anti-immigration and other conservative Web sites.

Ms. Cosman's husband, Bard, a plastic surgeon whom she married in 1958, died in 1983. Survivors include a daughter, Marin, of Scarsdale, N.Y.; a son, Bard, of La Jolla, Calif.; and four grandchildren. Information on other survivors could not be confirmed.

Ms. Cosman also leaves behind a vast library of illuminated manuscripts and a large collection of handguns.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you Brian.

Added to the homepage

https://www.alipac.us/article-1112-thread-1-0.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are a few video clips from one of Madelines lectures up on my website.

http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=743

Thank you Watchdog. I like these clips but they are short. Can you locate any longer clips of Dr. C's work?

W

I loved what Dr. Cosman said here. This is such a great idea!

The solution according to Dr. Cosman, is the CRAG program. The people at our meeting gave her a resounding ovation when she explained the prongs of her plan:

C = Close America's borders
    R = Rescind anchor babies citizenship
    A = Aiding and abetting illegal aliens is a crime - Punish it!
    G = Grant no amnesties

She was such a great help to this cause and will be missed so much. I share the same affliction (scleroderma) and God willing I will have another 10 years as she did to raise some cain about this issue!
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Okay, I added a longer clip. This one is 7 minutes long.

http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=743

WOW

I am new to the Anti Illegal fight and have just learned about Dr. C's life and contributions. What a human being. I got very motivated reading about all that she accomplished during her lifetime. What a role model.

Requiescat in Pace (RIP) Dr. C
    rest in Peace

Steven A. Hill
    editor

I am so sorry to hear this news. What a terrible loss to our cause and to the country.

My sympathies go out to the family. We are so saddened by your loss.

Dianne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12