Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Salisbury (R-Idaho) Running Against Sali for House Seat

This is Matthew Salisbury's policy on Immigration. He's running against Bill Sali in the primaries this month here in Idaho.

IMMIGRATION

This complicated debate has no simple resolution.

The Federal Amnesty Law enacted in 1986 was never fully implemented as intended. Laws not enforced for 20+ years breed cynicism, abuse, and indifference.

The need for workers in many sectors of the economy, however, did not go away. As a result, illegal immigrants and not legal documented guest workers are meeting those needs.

Children born in America of these illegal immigrants are American citizens but the use of these children as so called anchor babies is an abuse of the system.

My solution provides for a system that does not compromise our national security, the economy or the American taxpayer. What I envision is legislation that creates a simple, measurable guest worker program that allows for motivated foreign nationals to eventually earn their citizenship like others wishing to become U.S. citizens.

This system includes:

Biometric Identification Cards using existing technology
    Mandatory deductions from guest workers wages to create a Self Insurance Pool for health insurance, eliminating the financial burden on the taxpayer
    National grace period for illegal workers to register for the ID card
    Anyone arrested after the enrollment grace period without a card wouldbe deported
    One year after the enactment of the guest worker program, any breach ofthe border would be considered a threat to national security. As such, anyone
    apprehended would be permanently banned from entering the U.S. or ever obtaining U.S. citizenship. Names would appear on the existing national law enforcement database as a known criminal.
    Federal and State penitentiaries would slowly process and deliver illegal alien inmates to their country of origin. These inmates would be biometrically
    recorded and also banned from entering the U.S. or ever obtaining U.S. citizenship.
    This plan enables the border to be secured while guest workers cross freely back and forth without compromising border security or their safety.
    This plan will have a major impact both on drug cartels that frequently use illegal immigrants as smugglers and potential terrorists

http://www.salisburyforidaho.org/issues.php#Abortion
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds to me like he's willing to go to great lengths to convince people he is tough on enforcement but doesn't explicitly say he opposes amnesty.

My advice: beware and watch him like stink on <you-know-what>
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've read through his policies on other issues and it looks like he tries to play both sides. That doesn't work for me. We have enough of those kind of politicians already.

Yep. My guess is that agribusiness is favoring and/or sponsoring this attempt.

See who is funding him - that will better tell you what his true beliefs are.

This is all I could find on Walt Minnick's view on illegal immigration. He's the Democrat candidate running for this seat.

Immigration reform

Recently retired pharmacist and businessman Gene Steiner asked Minnick for his stance on reform for America's antiquated immigration laws. Minnick gave a nuanced answer, including his call for a path to legitimization for illegals.

Salisbury
    measurable guest worker program that allows for motivated foreign nationals to eventually earn their citizenship
    Sounds like pathway amnesty to me.

Didn't Sali just sign the discharge petition for SAVE? He also has decent grades from Numbers. Correct if if I'm wrong, but it seems to me he might be better than Salisbury.

Ya he is bad news...Sali is better than this character and that isn't saying much.

He is for the farmers, businesses and illegals can it get any worse!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

We had to twist Sali's arm, but he signed. This Salibury is a joke, and the 2 Dems running are no better. Guess we need to keep what we have with Sali.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Salisbury
    measurable guest worker program that allows for motivated foreign nationals to eventually earn their citizenship
    Sounds like pathway amnesty to me.

Didn't Sali just sign the discharge petition for SAVE? He also has decent grades from Numbers. Correct if if I'm wrong, but it seems to me he might be better than Salisbury.
    It's total amnesty and NO WAY should it go through!
    "