Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who Next?

Who will they sue next....the Red Cross? Maybe our own government (aka the taxpayers)?

If this bill does not pass they will probably try to sue us the american citizens and our government as we will pay for it You know the deal, pain and suffering for all we put them through on this emotional rollercoaster of immigration reform.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I sent the Salvation Army an e-mail asking them if they learned their lesson.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Story about a SA store.

My husband was asked to move to another city to open a new office and stay a year.

I found myself away from the familiar and didn't work for a while so I spent a lot of time reading and haunting the thrift stores, etc.

The SA store was run by a middle aged lady who was a tyrant. I had heard her be very rude or direct to some people and there were signs all over the windows "Dealers, don't ask for a better price -we know who you are.", etc.

Needless to say, being the confirmed woose that I am, I walked on egg shells in that store.

One day they put all books on for .10. That day I spend 2 or 3 hours buying books.

There was a young couple in the store with 3 little kids. They were working class people - not middle income, you could tell. The kids were clean and well behaved. They were buying school clothes. They spent hours looking for things. They would find some things, then the young man would look in his wallet and nod, 'yes'. They outfitted those kids from head to toe, including raincoats and boots, and backpacks. I would talk to them from time to time as we met in the store.

When they had finished and started to the checkout, I followed them. I just knew they might not have enough money to pay for all this and didn't want them to be embarrassed - I was going to offer to help, if they would allow it.

This tyrant of a lady, took the things and laid them over her arm, counting and putting them in sacks. The parents had a bit of a worried look on their faces. When she finished, she said, 'That will be $10.52." The dad was surprised and asked if she was sure. She said, "Yes, we have some really good sales going today.".

That young couple took their goodies and literally danced out the door.

I had tears running down my cheeks, and the 'tyrant' turned around with her back to them and gave me a big grin and a wink.

So - I truly hope this was just some dishonorable people using the SA name for their own financial benefit.

I have tried to help people whose homes had burned and the GW practically laughed - but the SA always did something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Salvation Army Coyotes!!!!!!!!
    I guess if there is pie out there everyone will want a piece.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Like it hasnt been known for years...the Salvation Army is a huge mulit-billion dollar charity organization. Dont get me wrong..they do alot of good...but u cant expect it to be without some twisted ends here and there. Lots of corruption in that outfit believe me.

Enabler

There are plenty of people who use the organizations that they are affiliated with to take advantage of people; examples abound: teachers in schools; preachers in church; Lawyers in court; the list goes on ad infinitum. However, that does not excuse the Salvation Army for running a loose ship.
    They should have been wise to these crooks earlier

Insofar as how the Salvation Army runs their day-to-day operations, shouldn't they ask purchasers of their goods to present a valid identificatoin card/driver's license?????? That would help dry the philanthropic well for illegals.

I worked part-time for a local Homeless SHelter for years. When a "client" checked into the shelter, they were given coupons to buy clothes and stuff from the SA. Mind you, these destitute people who checked into the shelter were given these coupons only after they had been interviewed by the Social Worker. This interview included background check to include criminal history, etc. This process worked out well because if they were an illegal or a criminal, then the proper authorities were alerted. If they were not, then they did not mind going through the interview because they had nothing to hide and needed help.

The SA needs some kind of system that does not allow them to be an enabler of illegal immigration.

Steve Hill
    editor

I think you are much better off to find someone personally who could use a little help and give your I won't call it charity,I choose to call it pay back to. I have a mistrust for any national organizations for charity. Maybe I am wrong, Ifeel there are always peopel in your own town who could use a little help, if everyone did that we wouldnt need national charities and you would know that all your money went to the person who needed the help.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nntrixie

Great story!!!!!!!

I remember thae study done back in the 70s about charity given by different socio-economic groups.

The extremely wealthy tend to give to the arts: opera, art galleries, etc.

The middle-classes were spread across the board but gave more to churches than the super-rich.

The poorer folks gave to churches and relief agencies in general.

Interestingly, as a PORTION of income, the poorer classes gave a larger percentage of their income than the upper classes.

There are always exceptions. One multi-billionaire will leave money to an organization helping the working poor but the study looked at tendencies.

Another interesting aspect was the peek at tipping behavior in situations where tips are traditionally left behind. Socio-economic groups and emplyment areas were reviewed.

Some groups such as lawyers, corporate higher-ups etc tended to leave smaller tips. One's career field appears to affect how one tips.

What I found interesting was that the lower classes tended to tip better than upper-middle and above classes.

Makes sense... the elites have to take care of their own. Enough charity (including government-sponsored charity) is allotted to keep the masses from thinking about revolution. That is good, though. Too many other country's elites use the barrel of a gun to keep the commoners in line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12