Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

San Diego Patriot Picnic - Please Come!

Hi All-

I am posting this last minute...sorry Please RSVP before 8:00 PM tonight if you can make it.

The San Diego Minutemen and the folks at www.SanDiegoBorderAlert.com
    would like to invite you to a Patriotic Picnic right here in
    San Diego County.

This is an opportunity to meet the people who are actually doing
    something about illegal immigration and our broken borders.

This'll also be a great chance to strategize and exchange ideas for
    upcoming events in SD County while we enjoy some good food on a
    peaceful and non-confrontational afternoon with our neighbors, friends,
    and families.

Be prepared to bring some great ideas.

We have decided to supply all of the food, plates, etc. and just charge
    $5.00 per adult. Children are free. Gustav has kindly arranged for the Cookie Lady to donate cookies. Bonnie has graciously organized the food and has ordered everything else at Costco and will be bringing with.

There will be no tables. Chairs recommended rather than blankets.
    We do need a few card tables to put the goodies on, please. Let me know.

It will be under a shaded Gazebo which has a concrete floor surrounded by grass. Bathrooms close. Its a beautiful view. It's a safe park in Rancho Bernardo.

WHEN: Saturday, May 13th 1PM - 4PM
    WHERE: Rancho Bernardo, 3 mins. off the 15
    DIRECTIONS: SEE MAP ATTACHED/EMBEDDED

By all means, invite your concerned friends and neighbors, too!

**IF YOU HAVEN'T RSVP'D PLEASE DO ASAP**

For more information: www.sandiegoborderalert.com

** THE BRIDGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION THAT GOES OVER 15. JUST SOUTH OF LAKE HODGES**
    so I am having to do some typewritten directions since mapquest doesn't take this into account

HEADING SOUTH ON 15 FROM THE NORTH SIDE OF LAKE HODGES TAKE THE POMERADO ROAD TURN OFF AND KEEP GOING ON THE ALMOST FULL CIRCLE TO THE WEST SIDE OF 15 AND TURN LEFT AS YOU CAN'T GO ANY OTHER DIRECTION ANYWAY, ITS BLOCKED OFF. GO ABOUT 2 BLOCKS TO THE TRAFFIC LIGHT AND TURN RIGHT(WEST) INTO THE PARK ENTRANCE.

HEADING NORTH ON 15 AFTER YOU PASS POWAY, CARMEL MOUNTAIN RANCH AND THE BERNARDO CENTER TURN OFF, THE NEXT OFF RAMP WILL BE RANCHO BERNARDO RD.

MAKE A LEFT TURN AT THE END OF THE OFF RAMP AND GO BACK UNDER 15 HEADING WEST. NEXT LIGHT WILL BE WEST BERNARDO DR. TURN RIGHT AT THE LIGHT.

RANCHO BERNARDO COMMUNITY PARK IS LOCATED AT THE SOUTH WEST CORNER OF THE BRIDGE THAT GOES OVER HIGHWAY 15 THAT GOES OVER LAKE HODGES ON HIGHWAY 15 BRIDGE.

YOU CAN MAPQUEST 18448 WEST BERNARDO DR. SAN DIEGO CA, 92127 TO GET AN IDEA OF WHERE ITS AT. BUT THE DIRECTIONS, ETC. WILL NOT WORK DUE TO BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ENTRANCE INTO THE PARK. YOU FOLLOW THAT ALL THE WAY AROUND UNTIL YOU ARE AT THE GAZEBO AND CAN'T GO ANY FURTHER.

WEST BERNARDO DRIVE GOES ALONG THE EAST SIDE OF THE PARK PARALELL TO HIGHWAY 15. THERE IS A SHOULDER ON THE WEST SIDE OF THIS TWO LANE ROAD (WEST BERNARDO DRIVE) STARTING SOUTH OF THE TRAFFIC LIGHT AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK. PARKING IS OK ON THIS DIRT SHOULDER. PARKING WILL BE LIMITED AT THE GAZEBO.

IT IS SUGGESTED BY THE PARK STAFF THAT PEOPLE CAR POOL AND ALSO THAT THE YOUNGER PEOPLE PARK ON THE DIRT SHOULDER AND WALK TO THE GAZEBO.

I HAVE MARKED THE MAP IN RED STARTING AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK ALL AWAY TO THE GAZEBO. THE ENTRANCE IS HAS A TRAFFIC LIGHT. YOU CAN ENLARGE THE MAP.

Susie Hawkes, Chairman
    http://USABorderAlert.com/
    http://SanDiegoBorderAlert.com/
    http://groups.aol.com/usaborderalert?mmch_=0
    Please join my aol email group(non-aol ok). Set it up to receive only ONE EMAIL a day! Just click email from the list that you want to read in its entirety. Email to group(which would save me a lot of time in screening, cnp, etc for group.

Thanks Josh for the post. :P
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind