Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SAVE/Discharge Petition Response

I have contacted Ron Klein three times a week since Shuler announced the Discharge Petition for SAVE. He refused to answer. Yesterday, I cc to him a copy of my letter to the Editor @ Palm Beach Post. Miracle, today this answer. Of course I did remember to thank him for his answer before I explained why it was a crock. If you live in Palm Beach, please hammer him. Thanks. Our secret: The Palm Beach Post will no longer print my letters.
    July 17, 2008
    Dear Ms. ,

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal immigration reform, specifically H.R. 4088, and the discharge petition that members of Congress have filed to bring this bill directly to the floor. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, H.R. 4088, of which I am a cosponsor, would set forth border security and enforcement provisions, including increases in border patrol and investigative personnel, expansion of the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism along the northern and southern borders, infrastructure improvements, and aerial and other surveillance, among other measures. This bill would improve our interior enforcement capabilities and provide our border patrol with the resources they need to effectively do their jobs. This legislation was referred to the House Subcommittee on Terrorism, Unconventional Threats and Capabilities.

In order to expedite consideration of this legislation, Rep. Drake (R-VA) filed a discharge petition, which, if signed by 218 Members of Congress, would discharge the bill from committee and bring it straight to the House floor for a vote.

Please know that I support H.R. 4088, and would like to see it brought to the floor for consideration under the same procedures and rules as all other bill that we consider. It is important to hold hearings and receive expert testimony in committee before any bill is reported to the floor. The Committee process is in place to ensure that each bill is scrutinized and examined thoroughly by Members of Congress and the public before passing out of Congress and becoming public law.

Be assured that I am working with my colleagues to find a reasonable solution to this matter, and pass legislation that brings substantial immigration reform to our country. Again, I thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I sincerely appreciate your input and hope that you will contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance. Additionally, I hope you'll find my website (www.klein.house.gov) a useful resource for keeping up with events in Washington and the 22nd Congressional District of Florida.

Sincerely,

Ron Klein
    Member of Congress

Oh I support it but I won't stick my neck out for you and get it passed. LOL

I believe what Glenn Beck says, "it will take us in the streets with pitchforks and torches to get them to listen to us."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo

I believe what Glenn Beck says, "it will take us in the streets with pitchforks and torches to get them to listen to us."
    It's funny you say that Gogo, I was just thinking of that very quote all day yesterday ... don't know why, probably because it is largely true...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These reps that are cosponsors but will not sign the discharge petition makes me sick.

Can we petition and get peoples signitaures in the districts that these holdouts reside?

And if so what percent of signatures would you have to get before you can show to the news and your holdout rep to pressure them into signing?

I would love to slam down almost everyones sigs that lives in our district right in fornt of Pearlmutter at one of his government at the grocery public apperences and put him on the spot in front of the news.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    These reps that are cosponsors but will not sign the discharge petition makes me sick.

Can we petition and get peoples signitaures in the districts that these holdouts reside?

And if so what percent of signatures would you have to get before you can show to the news and your holdout rep to pressure them into signing?

I would love to slam down almost everyones sigs that lives in our district right in fornt of Pearlmutter at one of his government at the grocery public apperences and put him on the spot in front of the news.
    unfortunately 93 there is a time limit on the Discharge Petition and we have only two more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE

It's funny you say that Gogo, I was just thinking of that very quote all day yesterday ... don't know why, probably because it is largely true...
    Ya, he's looking for a pitchfork in NY and can't find one. I have supply store here in AG country. I wonder how much it would cost to send him one. LOL

unfortunately 93 there is a time limit on the Discharge Petition and we have only two more weeks.

If the two weeks come with no action is it dead in the water, will they have to start all over again, or??

How frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan

If the two weeks come with no action is it dead in the water, will they have to start all over again, or??

How frustrating...
    That's what I understand. Roy Beck in his last email said we only had two weeks.

That really sucks bad. I guess the Democrats are in control now.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!