Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SC Citizens to Hold Press Conference on Illegal Immigration

Two weeks ago SC Hispanic groups had a press conference at the Statehouse in Columbia on the illegal immigration legislation being discussed by our politicians. March 10th is the date that South Carolina citizens will have their say. Please come, the public is invited. We want enough people to show up to flood the surrounding area. It is time to make our voices heard. We have been silent too long!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------r

SC Citizens to Hold Press Conference on Illegal Immigration at Statehouse- 02/29/08

Citizens from all over South Carolina will gather at the Statehouse in Columbia, SC, on Monday, March 10, 2008, at 12:00 noon on the north steps to demonstrate to our Legislature, the Governor, and the media, their outrage at the inaction of our State government to enact a tough illegal immigration bill. This is a press conference against illegal immigration.

Bring your lawn chair, the American flag, and your patriotism.

Two municipal garages in the area are available for parking at the corner of Lady and Assembly Street (Lady Street Garage) and at the corner of Park and Pendleton Street (Park Street Garage). Parking at these garages is available for a nominal fee. Parking meters are also available on 1100 Assembly Street.

You are being given a "heads up" first for this event so that you can plan your schedules accordingly. Press Releases will be go out to many newspapers across South Carolina of this event. Make your voice be heard that we need to let incumbents and challengers alike know that we will settle nothing less than effective legislation that would keep illegals from taking SC jobs and using up services that are provided by South Carolinians' taxpayer money.

Please forward this email to family, friends, business associates, etc. and let them know about the press conference. We need thousands of people to show up. I know how busy your schedules are, but if you can find some time, please come and invite others to come. NOW IS THE TIME TO BE HEARD!

Thank you again for helping in this important issue.

Press Conference Against Illegal Immigration
    Statehouse, north steps
    Columbia, SC
    Monday, March 10, 2008
    12:00 Noon
    BRING LAWN CHAIR, AMERICAN FLAG, AND PATRIOTISM

Hope there is a good turnout.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that we will have a very good turnout. There are groups and individuals from all over the state pushing this. I think the citizens are finally going to start getting off their behinds and send our politicians a message.

To loneprotestor:

I trust you will welcome those of us who do not live in your state? If I can come up with the money for fuel (currently $3.60 per gal. here) and an overnight stay, this is one handicapped 63 year old formerly "silent" citizen who will be there.

Everybody is welcome. We hope to have people from all the surrounding states..

Press Conference March 10

We welcome all citizens to attend because this is not just an SC problem...every state should have one of these p.c. on their capital steps.

Come early, bring signs, prepare to create a roaring cresendo at the capital.

South Carolinians write to them at www.targetoc.org/sc and tell them you want to see them there. They are NOT in session on Monday so some dohave time...hold them accountable.

We need to hear them say "WE WILL PASS A STRONG BILL FOR THE PEOPLE, NOT THE CORPORATE ELITE".

KENDRA
    Lowcountry Minuteman

Wish I could come. Do me a favor, y'all. Make the following sign and carry it on my behalf if you can:

ABOLISH SLAVERY...AGAIN!!!