Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I wish someone could explain how a drunk hits a school
    bus, flips it over, no id or DL & walks away?!?!?! I would
    expect to be put under the jail with the mugger-rapers.

http://www.tristate-media.com/articles/ ... leycol.txt

Two for the jaw-dropper category

I've seen quite a bit so far in my time on this earth, so it always comes as a surprise to me that I can still be appalled by some events and actions. Nonetheless, I do continue to be stunned by an increasing number of callous and irresponsible acts of destructive behavior.

Both time and space prevent me from listing them all, but here are, sadly, some of the latest round of pure astonishments:

----

Evansville police officials recently declined to arrest a drunken man without a driver's license after a collision in which his car hit a school bus - with children on board - and turned it on its side.

That's just truly appalling to me and should be to you also.

Nevermind that this man was the cause of 12 children and one adult sustaining injuries. Nevermind that this man was legally drunk and tested at three times the approved limit of alcohol consumption. Nevermind that this man did not have a driver's license. And nevermind that this man was an illegal immigrant in this country.

Police said they didn't arrest the man because he would just have “bonded out.” And an official said later on television that it also didn't make any difference that he was an illegal immigrant. Oh, really?

This is so wrong on so many levels. First of all, it simply reinforces the leniency the current judicial system has already demonstrated for people who drink too much and get behind the wheel of a car - only to hurt and kill innocent men, women and children. When, oh when, will we stop treating drunken drivers with kid gloves?

It also calls to the forefront again the question of illegal immigrants. Police have at their access a way to determine citizenship within an hour's time. If they had arrested this man, they would have known he was an illegal in short order. And the official who said it didn't make any difference? He's just plain wrong.

WHICH PART OF 'ILLEGAL' IS IT THAT ANYONE CONNECTED TO THE LEGAL SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND???

After this incident created a furor among the general population, police reconsidered and decided to issue some warrants against the drunken illegal immigrant who injured 13 American citizens. And guess what? He's nowhere to be found. What a surprise to all of us that he's skipped.

Parents of the injured school kids will pay for the care of their children's injuries. All taxpayers in the Evansville-Vanderburgh School District will pay for major repairs to the school bus. And the drunken illegal immigrant? He walked scot-free - to drive drunk without a license in another town in America because he wasn't stopped here.

The fact that the man was very intoxicated, had no legal driver's license, injured 13 people in a wreck he caused, was an illegal immigrant in this country and STILL wasn't arrested demonstrates a 'laissez faire' attitude about both drunken driving and illegal immigrants.

And that simply blows the minds of all reasonable people.

-------

A new movie depicting the assassination of our sitting President, George W. Bush, is opening soon in theaters across this nation.

That's just truly appalling to me - and should be to you also.

“Death Of A President” couldn't just be a fictional account of the murder of a fictional president. Oh no. Hollywood had to go straight for the jugular, because most Hollywood-types cannot abide President George W. Bush.

Well, I tell you what. They've crossed the line here.

Through the movies it has produced, the Hollywood film industry has had a huge hand in a departure from morality and Christian values in this country. Hollywood screams about its freedom of expression but wants to be held harmless for the chaos and problems created when people emulate what is put up on the screen.

With this movie, Hollywood has finally abandoned all semblance of decency, respect and safety. If anything happens to this President, I believe the writers, producers, actors, distributors, director and everyone associated with this film in any way should be held personally responsible. This is a shameful and despicable move to titillate the public with Hollywood's 'what if.'

There is a fine line, you know, between freedom of expression and inciting wrong in this country. Your right to speak your mind in America does not guarantee your right to scream “Fire!” in a crowded theater where there is no fire.

The Hollywood community has just screamed “Fire!” and it must be held solidly accountable.

------

Just last week, I heard of a woman who always votes for the “best looking” candidate in all political races.

That's just truly appalling to me - and should be to you also.

The treasured right to vote freely in the United States of America carries a personal responsibility for each and every single voter to study the issues at hand, learn the stand of the candidates upon those issues, explore thoughtful discussion and debate and then arrive at a personal conclusion as to the best candidate in each race.

All those many, many soldiers who went off to fight for your right to vote- in conflicts from the Revolutionary to the Iraqi Wars - did not raise arms on your behalf so that you could: a) choose the hottest-looking candidate; b) select the candidate with the most charisma; c) pick the candidate someone told you to vote for; or d) play eenie-meenie-mynie-mo with the candidates' names in the voting booth.

The right to vote is a freedom secured for you by the blood and sacrifices of many Americans. You quite simply betray and dishonor those sacrifices when you do not vote seriously and responsibly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12