Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schumer recommends NYPD's Ray Kelly to replace Napolitano

Schumer recommends NYPD's Ray Kelly to replace Napolitano

By Daniel Strauss - 07/12/13 01:40 PM ET

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) is recommending President Obama pick New York Police Department Commissioner Ray Kelly to succeed Janet Napolitano as the next secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.

"The Department of Homeland Security is one of the most important agencies in the federal government. It’s leader needs to be someone who knows law enforcement, understands anti-terrorism efforts, and is a top-notch administrator, and at the NYPD, Ray Kelly has proven that he excels in all three," Schumer said in a statement on Friday

"As a former head of the Customs and Border patrol, he has top-level federal management experience," Schumer continued. "There is no doubt Ray Kelly would be a great DHS Secretary, and I have urged the White House to very seriously consider his candidacy."

Schumer contacted White House chief of staff Denis McDonough to recommend
    Kelly.

Schumer's recommendation came a few hours after Napolitano announced that she planned to resign as secretary to become president of the University of California system.

The senior senator from New York also praised Napolitano's tenure.

"Janet Napolitano has done an outstanding job, and if I had to give her a grade on her tenure, it would be ‘A+.’ We need someone just as good who can fill her shoes," Schumer said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...#ixzz2YrFPrvdn
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The senior senator from New York also praised Napolitano's tenure.

"Janet Napolitano has done an outstanding job, and if I had to give her a grade on her tenure, it would be ‘A+.’ We need someone just as good who can fill her shoes," Schumer said.
    I couldn't despise him any more than I do. The SCHMUCK!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)