Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    The law punishes children of drug dealers all the time, by seizing their property such as cars, homes, etc. Why is there never an outcry over those children being punished for the parents' sins?

I say NO dream act!
    Another good analogy.

Also, should we not send convicted criminals to prison any more if they have children? That punishes innocent children for the acts of their parents, that is separating families.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Sample

Wrote this up real quick, anyone is welcome to use it for their own communications.
    Sir or Madam Senator,
    I would like to bring to your attention the bill colloquially known as the Dream Act. This act will release public funding to enforce the substantial population of illegals in the United States, giving them a reward for breaking the systems lawful processes and due course allowances. The children of illegals are not the burden of the U.S. to bear, they were brought upon the country by the poor decision of the parents who willfully broke the laws of our sovereign country. The history of our relations with illegal aliens is evidence to how unacceptable financially the dream act would be; Hospital closings and general practitioner clinics being burdened to the point of destruction, jobs being procured that are of ownership right to the American man, woman, and their offspring. Sickly thoughts arise, even take a strong foundation and adherence to the mind of those who entertain the notion of such an act being prosperous or right for our nation. No such bill will bring a beneficial practice or method of gain to the U.S.

The true beneficial course of action, the alternative capabilities, to this bill and any similar legislation would be simple in core principle. Bringing up the enforcement of the border in order to better serve in the protection of the American people will eliminate our issues with southern infiltration by terrorist factions, not to mention the cessation of the violence on our side of the border by drug cartel activity. The funds would be better allocated to our own education system for U.S. citizens, this would have the effect in the future of bringing up our workforce and possible business owners for our prosperity, again the prospects of the American people must be considered. A vote against the Bill would be a vote for the American people and a vote of strong integrity, and one in accordance with what the people have demanded in the past, present, and will always demand, common sense.

Your vote for this bill will bring the public watching you to question the qualifications you have both in historic ramifications and mental aptitude, nay, fortitude to serve as a public servant, a Senator. The strength of the public, demonstrated in our recent elections, is not to be questioned. The wise and steadfast of heart and mind still hold patriotism dear, and they will defend this country to the fullest extent of their ability.
    The forum does not seem to support my formatting, my apologies as it is not in correct form for professional presentation.
    &ldquo;Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar&rsquo;s, and unto God the things that are God&rsquo;s&rdquo;

This is the updated score card for House and Senate.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe
    Manchin is voting yes?!!! Really?

Oh boy.

We need as many calls as possible to counter the yes votes from Bennett & Lugar.

With Tester, McCaskill, & Pryor likely voting no I think we might have the votes to stop this.
    I keep reading that Manchin is a "yes" vote. What is this assumption based upon?
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Several calls last week and today to his office in WA.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Several calls last week and today to his office in WA.
    I'm just curious, because if his staffers are saying he's voting for it, but he's not released a public statement affirming it, then someone is lying his or her butt(s) off.

He may be undecided now, like I said some of these yes votes last week were undecided today, which he may have been today, but last week he was yes so I left him as yes so you would keep calling him, And say vote NO! I made over 200 calls today. And believe me I'll be calling tomorrow him first!

Totals - 52 Yea
    40 Nay
    8 Undecided

We need at least 1 more NAY vote

Undecided from this list

Brownback, Samuel D. On the Fence Republican Kansas
    Collins, Susan M. On the Fence Republican Maine
    Ensign, John Eric Unclear Republican Nevada
    Goodwin, Carte P. Unclear Democrat West Virginia Lugar, Richard G. On the Fence Republican Indiana
    McCain, John S. On the Fence Republican Arizona
    Snowe, Olympia J. On the Fence Republican Maine
    Voinovich, George V. On the Fence Republican Ohio

PLEAE NOTE Carte P Goodwin is NO LONGER IN THE SENATE - He was replaced by Joe Manchin.

Is Lugar really on the fence? It seems like he's either a firm "no" or "yes" depending on how the bill is introduced, i.e. if it's brought up before this tax deal he'll vote against cloture, but if it's brought up after they vote on that and START he's definitely voting for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast