Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Liz, you first comment is exactly the way I`ve always looked at it. I was raised on a dairy farm.

I was thinking, For tree fruit and other crops, they could come up with a large vacuum with a speed control which at a low speed would pull off the ripest fruit first. Padded inner walls flexible bisstles thruogh out the inside and crossing the passage way to reduce or slow down the incoming fruit.
    they have something close to what your speaking of now to pick nuts and dates

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Liz, you first comment is exactly the way I`ve always looked at it. I was raised on a dairy farm.

I was thinking, For tree fruit and other crops, they could come up with a large vacuum with a speed control which at a low speed would pull off the ripest fruit first. Padded inner walls flexible bisstles thruogh out the inside and crossing the passage way to reduce or slow down the incoming fruit.
    I always think about this as well. With so much technology today one would think that they could come up with a way to harvest fruits. Some farmers are suffering and they should not be. However, some farmers could care less about the illegals being here. How do you we find a balance?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    See, if we started having federal prisoners, or state, then the ACLU would be in the middle saying it was something like "inhumane" or "forced labor".

My own uncle, who had been a bachelor, who also had a bad drinking problem, did migrant farm work for ages. He would go to work picking apples in Hood River, Oregon, and then up to Wenatchee as well. They always had cabins for these men.

Aplle and pear picking is still something that has to be done by hand, you really cannot just shake them off the tree's, it will ruin market fruit, they'll bruise. As for who is picking them now, well, there are illegals in these places, but I think that our states need to lift the rules on kids working, and then farmers could employ the teens, keep them busy and out of trouble, plus teach them a lot of work ethic and responsibility.
    Before we get ahead of ourselves, do we really want the government to have an incentive other than justice for imprisoning Americans? We know how corrupt the government can be and all too frequently actually is. I can clearly see how such a policy would play out, with money exchanging hands for more or less of this or that type of prison worker, leading to laws and their enforcement having less to do with protecting the public than with providing the type of labor being requested.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Guess that never came to mind Crockett. I suppose these days, anythings a possibility with this corrupted government we have
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Guess that never came to mind Crockett. I suppose these days, anythings a possibility with this corrupted government we have
    Politics is a chess game, Liz. Every move must be carefully contemplated with all possible consequences considered. Most systems are ultimately destroyed by the unintended consequences of seemingly harmless acts.

JZ

The farmers are whining because they don’t have enough illegal aliens to pick the crops. My question is what are the 12 - 20 million illegal aliens we have in the country now doing??? Do we need to allow a 100 million illegal aliens in the country, so we have enough to pick the crops? I feel that’s bad logic and is detrimental to the American Taxpayers!

During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report:
    http://www.house.gov/mccaul/pdf/Investi ... Report.pdf
    “Bushbaby” Avatar: “Bushbabies” have Red Eyes, sharp spinney vicious teeth & long busy tails, ALL “Bushbabies” look alike.

Why don`t they use the one on welfare and with agriculture being seasonal, make welfare seasonal for them. They have options.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12