Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Self inflicted wounds: illegal alien child crisis

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Self inflicted wounds: illegal alien child crisis

Since 2008, Democrats and President Obama have promised supporters immigration reform. Until 2012, that was all that was done. Even with the power of a supermajority at hand and a campaign promise to create immigration reform in the first year of the Obama Presidency. But in 2012 President Obama and Senate Democrats decided the time was ripe (and the pressure of a presidential election was around the corner) to again promise reform. This time, with full awareness that House Republicans were vehemently opposed to a path to citizenship that Dems insisted on, President Obama subverted the power of Executive Orders to circumvent Congress and create new law for a class of people - children of illegal immigrants. The floodgate was opened.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) established that at least tens of thousands, if not more, illegal aliens would not have immigration laws enforced upon them. The primary focus of this "get out of jail" Executive Order masquerading as law are those 18 and under. Politically it was a gambit to force immigration reform discussions, as it seemed to be assumed that no politician would dare risk being seen as targeting helpless children. The gambit succeeded in galvanizing opponents of a path to citizenship, polarizing the issue further, and motivating parents in 3rd world nations.
    That last part is hypercritical. All parents love their children, all want their child to have a better life. In forcing new law upon America, President Obama equally made an open invitation to the parents, effectively placing the thought that children will not be deported in the minds of illegal aliens around the globe.
    Thus in approximately 9 months some 57,000 (depending on the source you use) unaccompanied children have landed upon US shores. This includes those that are sick, with diseases including swine flu, dengue fever, Ebola virus and tuberculosis - though the magnitude of such infectious disease is unknown. With such huge numbers of minors, young gang members have also infiltrated the rush to enter America illegally - yet only 16 such gang members have been reported to date.
    In total, the influx of unaccompanied illegal minors has led to President Obama requesting $3.7 billion in emergency funding to address the situation that has already overtaxed several States ability to address the flood. That works out to a cost of $64,912 per child to date. That's more than the cost of a year of college ($23,066 average 4-year program) or even 4 years at a State college ($57,168 average) [ National Center for Education Statistics]
    As bad as all this may sound, it gets worse. The White House estimates that an additional 150,000 unaccompanied illegal minors will enter the nation in the next year. If the cost burden were to stay constant, it would require an additional $9.7 billion in that year alone.

As Mexican comedian and legal immigrant Paul Rodriguez stated on CNN
    In creating DACA, in attempting to force immigration reform without bi-partisan compromise, in trying to obligate a path to citizenship, President Obama and Democrats have effectively started down a path that turns into a vortex of ever growing numbers of illegal alien children, from every corner of the globe, as parents from Africa to China, to Honduras and beyond opt to risk sending their children to America for a better life - or to skip the line of legal immigration lest their child be denied entry or delayed.
    In many ways this is akin to the 1983-85 famine crisis in Ethiopia. While tens of millions of dollars in aide were donated internationally, the inadvertent effect was sustaining a corrupt government, siphoning of funds to para-military groups, and extended suffering for tens of thousands of Ethiopians that the world was trying to help. In America's crisis, the more that is done to enable these children to remain in the nation, the more children that will come.
    Politicians rarely understand the consequences of their actions. Most are content with kicking a problem down the road to a time when they will no longer be in office and have to deal with the aftermath of their actions. But children are hardly skipping stones. The damage is equally to America, the parents of these unaccompanied minors, and the children that must endure immense hardships without their loved ones.
    There are no winners in this game of political oneupmanship on immigration reform that President Obama has used to skewer the nation upon. The only lasting answer, that prevents the unintended tragedy as well as the long-term damage to our economics and law, is to act with compassion and swiftness in returning these children to the nations they originated from while destroying the law-breaking invitation that is DACA.

Perhaps then bipartisan action can resume on a solution to immigration reform that neither Party will love, but will benefit America the most.

Michael Vass | July 15, 2014 at 10:17 pm

http://www.mvass.com/2014/07/15/self...-child-crisis/

I see this current crises as opportunity to simplify the solution to our alien problem. some times even my friends remind me to "Don't over think the problem." But I really do make conscious effort to seek out the basic problem to identify a solution. I'm sure we are all familiar with the acronym "KISS," keep it simple, Simom!

!. When did the problem rear its ugly head?

2. How did I contribute to the problem?

3 What can I do now to correct the problem? I might add subtopics under those three?

Now I acknowledge the problem as mine. If I do not I will again seek a solution that exonerates me from responsibility consequently exacerbating the problem, no question.

I wish more politicians could see the value in admitting errors and smiply correcting them.

Q.1 This problem raised its ugly head when I allowed amnesty before receiving secure borders.

Q2 I did not speak loudly enough, nor work hard enough to keep it from occurring.

Q3. What is now exposed to simplicity? M.Vass recognizes that if we create "special classes" that we exacerbate the problem, and I've always opposed "special classes.

Final suggestion. With this we pass laws, very strict laws, that will push self-deportation and deport those that insist upon being removed! How thoroughly? Obviously the first "special class created from 1986 amnesty were those allowed to "live in the shadows," so the nation must now acknowledge that was the beginning and remove all aliens arriving since 1986, Doing that we have not created another special class. We have did the best possible to right ourselves with those that have been harmed by our old error.

I'm accusing our politicians of trying to over think the problem!

By doing things the way they have been done or undone as it relates to enforcing the law, we now have a mess, a mess that has only gotten worse since 1986. To unwind the mess and enforce the law, there will be many who may be caught in a dilemma of decision for themselves and their families. However, it is not the American people who should suffer any longer from the actions of those who broke the law, those who assist them or those who refuse to enforce the law.

The government here needs to demand the sending nations stop the pushing off of their citizens onto our shores. The American people are sick and tired of being told they are not compassionate enough and should just cough up the dollars to continue funding this mess. Power and funding for politicians, cheap labor for Tom Donahue and company, ethnic meddling and profiteering from special interest groups. It's a mess.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I see this current crises as opportunity to simplify the solution to our alien problem. some times even my friends remind me to "Don't over think the problem." But I really do make conscious effort to seek out the basic problem to identify a solution. I'm sure we are all familiar with the acronym "KISS," keep it simple, Simom!

!. When did the problem rear its ugly head?

2. How did I contribute to the problem?

3 What can I do now to correct the problem? I might add subtopics under those three?

Now I acknowledge the problem as mine. If I do not I will again seek a solution that exonerates me from responsibility consequently exacerbating the problem, no question.

I wish more politicians could see the value in admitting errors and smiply correcting them.

Q.1 This problem raised its ugly head when I allowed amnesty before receiving secure borders.

Q2 I did not speak loudly enough, nor work hard enough to keep it from occurring.

Q3. What is now exposed to simplicity? M.Vass recognizes that if we create "special classes" that we exacerbate the problem, and I've always opposed "special classes.

Final suggestion. With this we pass laws, very strict laws, that will push self-deportation and deport those that insist upon being removed! How thoroughly? Obviously the first "special class created from 1986 amnesty were those allowed to "live in the shadows," so the nation must now acknowledge that was the beginning and remove all aliens arriving since 1986, Doing that we have not created another special class. We have did the best possible to right ourselves with those that have been harmed by our old error.

I'm accusing our politicians of trying to over think the problem!
    I'm not!!!! I am accusing them of some thing much more nefarious!!!!
    Last edited by kathyet2; 07-17-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Kathet, it was one of my weaker moments, be nice, I'm sorry!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Kathet, it was one of my weaker moments, be nice, I'm sorry!

LOL Okay but that is hard for me to do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet2 View Post
    I am accusing them of some thing much more nefarious!!!!
    As you should do.

It's sell out time. Demos are selling out the American people, because they see an opportunity to lock up federal elected offices with the votes of legalized illegals. Repubs are selling out the American people, because they want to show their big-money donors that they'll deliver the surplus labor that their donors covet.

This is not rocket science, it's straight up selling out American interests.

If Americans want to preserve American jobs and the quality of American life, we'll have to show both Demos and Repubs that selling out leads to defeat at election time.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade
    Last edited by vistalad; 07-19-2014 at 12:09 AM.