Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Byron Dorgan?

Can anyone fill me in on how Sen. DORGAN stands with Illegals and the SPP? Is in on our side or does he straddle the fence?

He was just on Rose going after the trade imbalance, outsourcing, etc. Nothing on Illegals, though.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sis, he voted against McCain-Kennedy and voted for the fence then however he voted against the money to fund the fence. He seems to be with us, and a lot of Republicans are watching him and like him a lot. But he needs to come out and say something specific about where he stands on guest worker. I think he's mostly WITH US.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

he voted against the money to fund the fence.
    He has no stand it depends which way the wind is blowing.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

As I recall, he spoke against guest-worker at the beginning of the debate in the Senate deliberations on McKennedy. Dorgan's philiosophy is based on protection of the rights of American workers, opposition to outsourcing and selling off of our assets, and against importation of cheap labor through guest worker. I think he is an old school Democrat, stands up for American workers rights, etc., all the principals that most of our politicians, democrats included, seem to have abandoned.