Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Feinstein responds to E-verify e-mail.

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

I received your letter and understand your support for reauthorizing the electronic employment verification program, E-Verify.

On September 27, 2008, the Senate passed the Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 that provides an extension of the termination date of the E-Verify program, permitting its operation until March 6, 2009. This legislation also appropriates $100 million for E-Verify for the fiscal year 2009. The President signed this Act into law on September 30, 2008 (Public Law 110-329).

Like you, I am deeply concerned about the loss of U.S. jobs. I believe the government should be tough and smart in its approach to addressing the problems in the current immigration system. I support a comprehensive approach to reforming U.S. immigration laws, including strong measures to ensure that American workers are hired first and programs to help employers confirm a legal workforce and reduce unauthorized employment in the United States.

I recognize that E-Verify is a priority for you in the debate on immigration reform in the United States. I will certainly be mindful of your support for this program should the Senate have an opportunity to debate this issue in the near future. If you have any additional comments or questions, I encourage you to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

Keep that handy and read it back to her office when the time comes for her vote.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Sen. Feinstein responds to E-verify e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer

I support a comprehensive approach to reforming U.S. immigration laws, including strong measures to ensure that American workers are hired first
    Typical lying politician. You cannot have it both ways DiFi!!! If you want American workers hired first you need to get rid of all the illegals, not let them stay!!! And how many of those "American workers" are actually previously amnestied illegal aliens or their children?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds to me like some Congress people are going to attempt to hold E-Verify hostage and used as an excuse,a weapon and a bargining chip by including it into a CIR as the only way E-Verify will be reauthorized.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Sounds to me like some Congress people are going to attempt to hold E-Verify hostage and used as an excuse,a weapon and a bargining chip by including it into a CIR as the only way E-Verify will be reauthorized.
    Then of course E-Verify would effectively be worthless as all the illegal alien workers would be legally authorized to work. I hope enough Americans wake up and see how the Democrats are working directly against the interests of working Americans they claim to represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Then of course E-Verify would effectively be worthless as all the illegal alien workers would be legally authorized to work. I hope enough Americans wake up and see how the Democrats are working directly against the interests of working Americans they claim to represent.
    You got it ! A Razzle,Dazzle Shell Game !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

BS

BS

Every e-mail she ever sent me states she is pro comprehensive approach.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.