Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Kyl trying to have his cake and eat it too

The following article written by turncoat Kyl is posted on his Senate website homepage http://kyl.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=275254

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    May 29, 2007

Andrew Wilder or Ryan Patmintra (202) 224-4521

Complaining from the Sidelines is not a Solution
    By U.S. Senator Jon Kyl

In last year’s election, voters said one thing loud and clear: DO SOMETHING ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! Of course, there were a lot of different opinions about what should be done, but more inactivity was clearly not an option.

Separate bills approved by the U.S. House and Senate last year were considered unpalatable by the vast majority of Americans. One version did not adequately address our broken immigration system, and the other was too permissive in its automatic path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. So, nothing changed. Meanwhile, every day, thousands of illegal immigrants continue to pour across our border (roughly 10 percent are serious criminals), workplace enforcement is a joke, and crime and violence are escalating.

Now the Democrats control Congress, and it’s clear a Democrat-only bill would be more liberal than the bill passed by the Senate last year, over my objection. I was presented with a choice: sit on the sidelines and complain about a bad bill; or work hard to ensure that any bill that passed the Senate is one influenced as much as possible by my conservative principles.

For weeks, senators and administration officials worked to forge a bill that secures our border, creates workable and effective interior and workplace enforcement, realistically deals with the people illegally here, and designs a truly temporary worker program that responds to the nation’s fluctuating labor needs.

In these meetings, Republicans insisted on achieving certain milestones in interior and border security (like hiring 18,000 border patrol agents and constructing 370 miles of fencing) before allowing any visas for illegal immigrants – marking a departure from last year’s approach, which resisted any attempts to provide “triggersâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People in Az should have realized that when McCain was supporting Kyl as hard as he did, that Kyl was going to support amnesty. McCain has for years supported illegals over citizens of Az and America and know Kyl is doing the same thing.

A no confidence vote to both McCain and Kyl.

UPDATE: Sen. Kyl's Washington voice mailbox is completely full and is not even accepting messages. I got through to a staffer at his Phoenix office (contact info below). They seem to be taking a poll as to wheter you are calling in supprt or opposition to the bill.

PHOENIX OFFICE
    2200 East Camelback, Suite 120
    Phoenix, Arizona 85016-3455
    Phone: (602) 840-1891
    Fax: (602) 957-6838
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't trust him, people, he's just trying to make excuses for the wrong he's done to the American people. He says they're meeting to adjust the bill. Right back in their secret room, so what does that tell you?

Once a snake, always a snake.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I spoke to some one in both his Washington and Phoenix office informing them that we elected him to represent the majority of his constituents, not foreign criminals or the top 2% of the population. Also no new immigration bill is wanted or needed, just enforce the borders with a 2000 ml fence and increase border guards and stop the demand for cheap illegal labor by closing several companies that hire illegals. They will leave when theirs no work and the landlords refuse to rent to them or they pay a heavy fine.

Good for you, Delta, give 'em hell. I have been emailing all the Senators like crazy, and I don't intend to stop until they get the message that we don't want this bill.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.