Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Lindsey Graham: Boston bombing “is Exhibit A of why the homeland is the battlefi

Sen. Lindsey Graham: Boston bombing “is Exhibit A of why the homeland is the battlefield”

washingtonpost.com
    Posted by Jennifer Rubin
    April 19, 2013 at 4:33 pm

U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

I spoke with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) by phone just a few minutes ago. He said of the Boston bombers: “They were radicalized somewhere, somehow.” Regardless of whether they are international or “homegrown,” he said, “This is Exhibit A of why the homeland is the battlefield.” Recalling Sen. Rand Paul’s filibuster, Graham noted that he took to the Senate floor specifically to object to Rand’s notion that “America is not the battlefield.” Graham said to me, “It’s a battlefield because the terrorists think it is.” Referring to Boston, he observed, “Here is what we’re up against,” and added, “It sure would be nice to have a drone up there [to track the suspect.]” He also slammed the president’s policy of “leading from behind and criminalizing war.” I’ll have more on my interview with Sen. Graham on Sunday.

Meanwhile, in a separate conversation this morning I spoke with Sen. Marco Rubio’s communications director Alex Conant, who rebuffed the idea that the Boston incident would disrupt immigration reform. He told me, “It’s a developing sttory. It’s way too early to draw political conclusions. People who are have already made up their minds [on immigration.]” In a written statement released later, Conant stated: “There are legitimate policy questions to ask and answer about what role our immigration system played, if any, in what happened. Regardless of the circumstances in Boston, immigration reform that strengthens our borders and gives us a better accounting of who is in our country and why will improve our national security. Americans will reject any attempt to tie the losers responsible for the attacks in Boston with the millions of law-abiding immigrants currently living in the US and those hoping to immigrate here in the future.” I will have more of this interview as well on Sunday, including the Rubio team’s view of how things are going with his immigration plan roll out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-battlefield/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your correct Senator Graham in this respected because our government fails to keep out the bad guys, they would rather disarm the public, have agents search little girls and old women in wheel chairs then admit the truth of Muslim terrorist, you senator and people like you have brought the battle field too us. Would you not screen people coming into your home, well America is my home and I believe those incoming should be vetted and certainly no amnesty to those who come illegally.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.