Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Loser - I agree with trying to work with certain folks. Sessions may very well prove to be on our side. He was, as we all know very influential in exposing the enormity of the original proposed McCain/Kennedy bill but I want to see very specific answers. Once again if the dollar trumps all else count me out. We need to be very careful our country is literally on a precipice.

I disagree MW. When it come down to voters and our culture. We are in the War right now and not just a battle. The numbers do matter! Why would we support that which works toward our demise?

The Ag lobby wants some seasonal bodies and they don't need to be here permanently, don't need to add to the full time population, collateralized units, or be future citizens.
    I would imagine most folks would not be against a provable and strictly enforced "seasonal worker" program for a very limited amount of workers who in fact go home and can be tracked. But this anything goes because it is agriculture and the government has no real idea how many, who or where they are is just not acceptable.

I agree 100% with Kate. Among all the other problems we have in this whole debacle is an overwhelming issue of trust and an issue of honor as in having honorable people in DC. As a general statement the current DC regime is neither trustworthy nor honorable. IMO this is where the rubber meets the road as to what is and what is not acceptable. These folks either through neglect or willingness were/are walking us down a path towards American destruction. Many of these people are not our friends I don't care what they say. How anyone can trust any of them at this point is beyond me. We don't need to shake hands with the devil. We need representatives who care about what we care about. Who care about America and our culture. Multiculturalism does not work. It is destroying the very fabric which made/makes us strong. I personally can not support any more candidates who don't work towards a strong America and culture. It is a real problem we can not ignore. My .02
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Loserville, I understand what you're saying but my problem with this is that I don't trust our government - to enforce the laws, to severely crack down on employers, to stop new illegals from flowing in after some new legislation is signed, or to be able to properly administer a guest worker program. They just haven't proven that they have the ability or will to do any of this over the longterm.

With the AgJOBS bill that is proposed, the workers will be legalized, and then will move on to higher paying non-Ag jobs. Taxpayers will still be forking out billions to provide for them and their children so employers can have their cheap labor. Companies are already making enormous amounts of money and should not require taxpayer-funded corporate welfare.

Unless Congress is willing to take some drastic action to abolish birthright citizenship, require employers to provide benefits, and guarantee protections for American workers, I just don't see how any type of new guest worker program can work.
    I agree with you. We need to get to a place where we can see a viable program. There needs to be communication and some compromise with "our guys." The tendency seems to be to spit traitor at anyone that seems to weaken from a hardline all or nothing stance. The result will be that we have no one and get nothing? Ag lobby is going to have to come toward us too. Maybe some bit of agreement would pull them away from the total destruction of our country? Surely the individuals in farming see what we see happening.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    AultraCt wrote:

I disagree MW. When it come down to voters and our culture. We are in the War right now and not just a battle.
    You've obviously misunderstood the context of which my post was written.
    Every war is made up of a serious of battles. For example, every focus campaign ALIPAC does is an individual battle. Sure, we're waging a war, but it's a war that is comprised of battles that are being fought all across the country!

The numbers do matter!
    Who said they didn't? All I said is, we're not going to win 100% of our battles. We've been winning some and losing others. The important thing in my mind is to win many more than we lose. Sure, I'd prefer to win each and every battle, but unfortuantely that would not be a realistic expectation. Suffice to say, I go into everyone trying like hell to win, but I'd like to think I'm intelligent enough to know that the loss of a battle does not mean the war is lost!

Why would we support that which works toward our demise?
    Once again you've taken my post out of context. Who said anything about supporting "that which works toward our demise?" What I said was some concessions will end up being made by our representatives (if I didn't say it, it's what I meant). I didn't say we should make concessions, but common sense tells me that concessions will be made by those we've elected to represent us. IMO, we have to fight against any and all concessions, but it's important that we keep both eyes open and anticipate these concessions. We cannot attempt to minimize that of which we don't know exist. Furthermore, the concessions will happen, regardless of what you or I think and do.

AultrCt, I just went back and read my previous post and have no idea where you got this:

I disagree MW. When it come down to voters and our culture. We are in the War right now and not just a battle. The numbers do matter! Why would we support that which works toward our demise?
    Please read my post again, more closely.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW - I apoligize if I misunderstood or mischaracterized you. I assumed and thought, I know I need to quit assuming , that we were talking about Sessions and his support of amnesty for the 12-20-30 million already here. That was the point on which I was writing. Once again I apoligize if that is not what you were supporting or meant.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

IMO, we have to fight against any and all concessions
    OK. I understand. We stand firm. However, we don't trash can our troops if they can't give us every victory we want. We allow for the reality that we don't win everything.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    loserevillelabor wrote:

Quote:
    IMO, we have to fight against any and all concessions

OK. I understand. We stand firm. However, we don't trash can our troops if they can't give us every victory we want. We allow for the reality that we don't win everything.
    Exactly!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So let me ask straight out cause quite frankly I am still confused. Do you support Sessions if the following is true? If he supports amnesty for the 12-20-30 million already here?

Sessions said he has a soft spot for immigrants already in the United States with their families.

“What are you going to do about the 11 million here? I think we’ve got to be compassionate about the people that have been here a long period of time and have children,” Sessions said.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

MW
    AultraCt wrote:

MW - I apoligize if I misunderstood or mischaracterized you. I assumed and thought, I know I need to quit assuming , that we were talking about Sessions and his support of amnesty for the 12-20-30 million already here. That was the point on which I was writing. Once again I apoligize if that is not what you were supporting or meant.
    We're cool! I just don't see Sessions ever falling far enough down the ladder to support an amnesty that would put criminal aliens on a path to legalization. On the other hand, he may very well be convinced to accept a guest worker program without a path to legaliztion. We'll have to wait and see what happens, but it's important to remember that Alabama is a big agricultural state and in the end he'll have to answer to people from both sides of the issue. Regardless of his feelings on a guest worker program, I still think for the most part he's one of our biggest allies in the U.S. Senate.

So your answer would be no? I guess I am confused about the point of this whole thread. What exactly has this thread been about? You are saying you think the news articles are lies and that Sessions does not support amnesty for those already here?
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

MW
    Aultra wrote:

So let me ask straight out cause quite frankly I am still confused. Do you support Sessions if the following is true? If he supports amnesty for the 12-20-30 million already here?

Quote:
    Sessions said he has a soft spot for immigrants already in the United States with their families.

“What are you going to do about the 11 million here? I think we’ve got to be compassionate about the people that have been here a long period of time and have children,” Sessions said.
    Personally, I think he's spouting empty rhetoric to combat his image as a bigot. Sen. Sessions roots in the South go deep and it has been said that he's been connected to the KKK in the past. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm not near ready to write him off just yet, especially in view of his determination to shut down the S.2611 amnesty bill. Did you see him on C-Span during the S.2611 debate? Trust me, you would have been proud of him!

His comment could be viewed as a positive for our side. Note, he said, "compassionate about the people that have been here a long period of time." A long period of time is not what the pro-illegal immigrant advocates and supporters want, they want amnesty for every illegal currently residing in the United States. He knows this and that may be exactly why he structured his comment as he did. Sessions is no dummy, but he knows he has to give the appearance of playing to all his constituents, even those in the agricultural community.

If I find out he supports amnesty for 10-20 or 30 million criminal aliens, I'll write him off in a heartbeat! I honestly don't think that will be the case though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast