Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When is this idiot up for re-election? The visa cap has been reached, get over it!
    Unfortunately, Mikulski is not up for re-lection until 2010. Rest assured she has her ears closed to the interests of American workers while she gleefully does lapdances to win the support of cheap labor corporate spnsors for at least the next 3 years.

Did they think for a moment that we wouldn't find out?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Lesson 101 in dirty shyster Bush-Rove politics. Bush's favorite the shell game. While you are watching the Pence-Hutchison Hand, he is winning the game with the other Hand. Yep. He will do it to you, while you are looking the other way. Wag the Dog!!

Dixie
    In all actality, if I may have the floor for just a few minutes...

The job of "Commander in Chief" has been, well, "comandeered" by idealists who seek to integrate, manipulate and then re-segregate nations to create regions instead of nations. Everyone who has been paying close attention to politics as of the last several decades should know by now that the presidential office is a smoke screen for something much more sinister that is happening behind closed doors. What the public sees is what the real goons want them to see.

They don't care what the thousands out here on the internet want. They don't care about the 80 Million voters want. They will do as they please. They will have their way. You and I can simply go and jump in a hurricane-flooded city and drown for all they care.

Classes have begun. Welcome to international politics 101

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=36039 I think it has to do with this stuff. Go to the bottom.

I'm confused about this because the dates are all weird. I think the Denver Post is about a year behind. I really don't know what is going on because the 80 billion bill for defense has already been signed by Bush and there were some amendments attached to it, which you can see on the other link. However, there is another bill for Agriculture and I think that is where they are going to renew the amendments for guestworkers...

If anyone digs it up, please post it and let W. know.

Also, I searched the online articles at the Associated Press and could not get this article to come up. The papers that carried this story appear to be

DenverPost.com - Immigration votes set in Senatenation / world news Immigration votes set in Senate. By Suzanne Gamboa The Associated Press.
    www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_2663758 - 59k - Jul 28, 2006 -

MIRA Coalition: Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition
    Immigration votes set in Senate. Source: Associated Press Author: Suzanne Gamboa Date: July 25, 2006. 7/26/2006 www.miracoalition.org/press/general-new ... -in-senate

Carlsbad Current-Argus - Immigration votes set in Senate
    www.currentargus.com/ci_2663758 - 32k

I think this is a screw up on behalf of the papers.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With very few exceptions, I'm pretty sure they withhold information until they "want it out of the bag".

I agree with ManicProgressive
    What the public sees is what the real goons want them to see.
    As I said on another thread - "Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny". The government wraps up a lot of what goes on under the heading of "national security". Who's national security?

Cheyenne,

You have a point. The Bush-House wants to control everything and call it homeland sec. He father did a similar thing during the gulf war by controlling the media during Desert Storm.

To some extent I agree with controlling the war zone because of idiots like Jane Fonda and the potential to giving up operations to the enemy. Now we have satellite feeds and the press can be live in the US in minutes. Basically, in 10 minutes, the enemy could be receiving the information back from our own press corps. In that situation, I'm OK with delayed information.

On the other hand, I don't like being mushroomed or controlled.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by ManicProgressive
    the presidential office is a smoke screen for something much more sinister that is happening behind closed doors.
    If the president gave a rats tail about the nation, he should walk into the Washington Post, CNN or any two-bit rag for that matter and spill his guts. That just says a man without guts or integrity has been elected.

Dixie

Dixie, this is listed on teamamericapac's website as outrage of the day, so that leads me to believe that this is new news. Perhaps they have done this more than once?

sawdust,

FYI teamamericapac references the Denver Article, which I think is misleading. Like I said, I couldn't find that article on the AP, like it says it is on. I think the article is screwy. It's just weird. You can always write the papers and ask them to confirm the sorce.

Honestly, I don't know what is going on. I tried to figure out using what was mentioned in the letter, on the other post. I'll go look on the other site and see if I can learn more from that post. I searched the bills on Capitol Hill and that was all I could find that matched what was being said.

The problem with the Denver/Boston/Carlsbad newspaper is they didn't give the bill number. I don't like open ended comments, with out source material. My major pet peeve!!!!!

Dixie

Dixie:

The problem with the Denver/Boston/Carlsbad newspaper is they didn't give the bill number. I don't like open ended comments, with out source material. My major pet peeve!!!!!
    Now, now, let's be ladylike here.

I spent the better part of one day searching for confirmation on this but kept hitting a wall too.

Can anybody on this board give a hand here???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast